Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2013   #1
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 440 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected
Arrow Lance Zerlein GOES OFF on the TEXANS!!!!!

http://www.sports790.com/player/?mid=23984838

Talks about Ben Tate wishy washy comment, Kubiak, decision to go back to schaub....

I agree with everything he said.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #2
Bearkat Texan
Rookie

Default Re: Lance Zerlein GOES OFF on the TEXANS!!!!!

Yeah I heard him this morning. Felt like he was reading my mind.
Bearkat Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #3
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

great rant. nailed it.....msr, someone get bill for me
Old 11-18-2013   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Why only five exclamation marks?
Old 11-18-2013   #5
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree 100%.
Old 11-18-2013   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Why only five exclamation marks?
It's not our fault. We're up against it where the cap is concerned. Maybe we can sign more exclamation marks next year if we can get some of the other punctuation to restructure.
Old 11-18-2013   #7
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It's not our fault. We're up against it where the cap is concerned. Maybe we can sign more exclamation marks next year if we can get some of the other punctuation to restructure.
lol nice
Old 11-18-2013   #8
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Is there a transcript available?
Old 11-18-2013   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post

Talks about Ben Tate wishy washy comment, Kubiak, decision to go back to schaub....

Great rant and thanks for posting that. msr.
Old 11-18-2013   #10
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21706 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't always agree with Lance but when I do......this is what it's going to take from all four corners of Houston to get Bob McNair's attention. When Bob gets his belly full of all the animosity, disdain and the demand for change from a large majority of fans, then and only then will he feel compelled to do something or face the further wrath of the fans.

That said, I understand Kubiak's move to go to Schaub, it makes sense to me. Oakland was blitzing Keenum on every down. Keenum was completing only half his passes and was on a 3 and out roll. Converting 3rd downs was not in the vocabulary. When Schaub went in Oakland stopped blitzing. That says Kubiak was on to something and the Texans were 1 yard away from winning the game.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32528 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

You mean "Lance 'my Daddys a coach, my Daddys a coach' Zerlein goes
off on the Texans.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #12
Bearkat Texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
You mean "Lance 'my Daddys a coach, my Daddys a coach' Zerlein goes
off on the Texans.
Bearkat Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #13
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 20467 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
That said, I understand Kubiak's move to go to Schaub, it makes sense to me. Oakland was blitzing Keenum on every down. Keenum was completing only half his passes and was on a 3 and out roll. Converting 3rd downs was not in the vocabulary. When Schaub went in Oakland stopped blitzing. That says Kubiak was on to something and the Texans were 1 yard away from winning the game.
Have to disagree on this point though I can see where you're coming from. But Kubiak wasn't on to anything really. It was an act of desperation. Schaub has not been good against the blitz all season. We were a yard from winning but how many times have we been close to come up with nothing? How many times has Schaub drove us down the field getting yards but ended it with field goals instead? It was nothing new.

Schaub was blitzed but not initially as the Raiders had to adjust. He got blitzed on 12 throws. He completed a whopping 5 of them for 41.7 completion percentage and a rating of 61.5. And on those throws it was only an average of 5.9 yards per attempts. So no, he isn't good against the blitz and Raiders came to that conclusion so began blitzing him more.

So yeah Keenum completed half of his passes when blitzed. Schaub completed less than half.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #14
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 12391 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Ill be more interested to see what Palillo has to say, Zuerlein is a tool.
Old 11-18-2013   #15
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is true. That particular circumstance isn't so black and white.

From the postgame interview:

Quote:
“What was happening was, we had to make a lot of changes from a protection standpoint to handle some of the things they were doing,” Kubiak said after the game. “Trying to create some tempo and do that. And it made it very tough on Case, in my opinion, being a young player. I knew that Matt could get done some of the things that I wanted to get done, real fast, and to give us a chance to win the football game. So that’s why I did it.”
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post

Great rant and epitomizes everything that most fans are feeling right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian
That says Kubiak was on to something and the Texans were 1 yard away from winning the game.
Is there a special asterisk next to the L to indicate that they were thiiiiiis close to winning the game?
Old 11-18-2013   #17
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3383 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That said, I understand Kubiak's move to go to Schaub, it makes sense to me. Oakland was blitzing Keenum on every down. Keenum was completing only half his passes and was on a 3 and out roll. .
The head coach has to take some responsibility for this. DEAL WITH THE BLITZ.

You're not going to be able to do the thing you really want to do until you deal with the blitz. Stubbornly insisting that you "want to do this" but those mean Raiders are blitzing and preventing you from your 5 step drops and your long routes is nuts.

Try some slants. Try some quick crossing patterns. Try some screen passes. Try some draws. Try some max protect. But don't just keep doing the same thing you've been doing and then blaming the QB in his 4th professional start.

This "Case can't read the blitz" stuff drives me nuts.

ALSO: The Raiders were dumb to stop blitzing. Schaub doesn't handle the blitz well either. Which suggest THE TEAM doesn't handle the blitz well. I said yesterday as soon as they dropped back in coverage, "they must not have watched much film on Schaub. Otherwise they'd keep doing what they were doing."
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaughan View Post
Try some slants. Try some quick crossing patterns. Try some screen passes. Try some draws. Try some max protect. But don't just keep doing the same thing you've been doing and then blaming the QB in his professional 4th start.
I have been asking this question for weeks. Does this offense even have a "max protect" package in it?

The WCO has traditionally been a blitz killer. So it is baffling why they are unable to burn a defense who is constantly sending so many defenders.
Old 11-18-2013   #19
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21706 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Is there a special asterisk next to the L to indicate that they were thiiiiiis close to winning the game?
Yes there is, it says, "I feel your pain".
Old 11-18-2013   #20
Texian
Hall of Fame

I think it is suffice to say that Kubiak's understanding of the offense X and Os far exceeds the knowledge of anyone here on this message board. I have never had a problem with the X and Os of Gary's passing offense. Alex Gibbs fixed the X and Os of the running game. (now in deterioration since his departure) Kubiak's laminated sheet likely has many plays and assignments that Keenum may not be familiar with, Oline assignments Case may not know or understand. Plays Kubiak wanted to go to to get them out of the 3 and out rut but didn't want to put Case in a psoition to fail. I still trust Kubiak as an OC more than anyone here.

That said I don't have the same confidence in Kubiak's X and Os for the Defense, or Special Teams, the X and Os of Salary Cap Management, X and Os of talent evaluation and the X and Os of the NFL Draft Prep and Operation.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read