Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013   #181
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob Mcnair called a minority owners meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
You don't need a passing knowledge of football to be a reporter, just well connected. John has always been that way. I remember him mentioning Crane making a run for the Astros way before it was ever official.
I guess I had to state the obvious - ON FOOTBALL. Having Astros connections means nothing for any other sport.
Old 11-18-2013   #182
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
Full Tweet:

Quote:
Bob McNair called a meeting for minority owners. Consensus: Kubiak has to go. They weren't sure about Rick Smith. Will he listen to them?
this part scares me. sounds like they are too cheap to eat the 3yrs left on his contract.
Wow...and to think I was just kidding when I posted this today.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=121

Quote:
Looks to me like the "woe is me" fans still remember the Oilers years pretty well. If I'm right, then we see a lot of similarities between the bad soap opera that is this season and can compare it to pretty much all of their seasons.

Most years were bad, but even during the good years, our drunk idiot of an owner fired good coaches, traded good players, and hired coaches that punch each other during games. The owner we have now gets worse results using just the opposite tactic. This guy needs to call a board meeting and waits for the quarterly stockholder vote before he'll get rid of bad players or can bad coaches.

Oiler fans always knew the other shoe was going to drop. We knew the Oilers would always choke in the playoffs just like we knew Kubiak would defy common sense and put Schab back in at some point. Within the scope of Houston sports history, there's been more bad years than good. This season is just a return to form in epic fail fashion.

Make no mistake, there is some Oiler-style drama going on this season. Can't wait to see what the seaon-ending cliffhanger's going to be.
If this is what the meeting's about, then I wonder how many other NFL owners do it this way. My guess is zero.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 11-18-2013   #183
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

John Granto twitter

Quote:
Getting a bunch of ? abt McNair's meeting with minority owners. Wanted their opinion on team. They want Kubiak out. Undecided on Smith.
Quote:
@sportsmediaLM Yes. Doesn't mean he'll fire him but it's what they told him.
Quote:
@gsanchez82 @getnickwright @StephStradley Yes it's true.
https://twitter.com/johngranato
Old 11-18-2013   #184
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Good. It's about time.

And for those saying McNair is racist, a minority owners meeting disproves that...

cstyle does not believe you.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Old 11-18-2013   #185
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
cstyle does not believe you.
God forbid they fire Rick Smith as that'll only prove McNair's racist agenda.
Old 11-18-2013   #186
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Fire everyone and let god sort them out!
Old 11-18-2013   #187
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
God forbid they fire Rick Smith as that'll only prove McNair's racist agenda.
The minority owners won't let that happen .

Round Dan
Old 11-18-2013   #188
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The minority owners won't let that happen .

Exactly.

Dead set on kubiak being gone.

Wishy-washy on smith....

Old 11-18-2013   #189
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 17279 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I guess I had to state the obvious - ON FOOTBALL. Having Astros connections means nothing for any other sport.
Then I guess I need to point out the obvious, he's a SPORTS reporter.
Old 11-18-2013   #190
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get this "we can only hope for it to be true" crap. Kubiak is getting fired. That much is clear. Nobody loses 8 games in a row and keeps their job. Even if we won the last six games to finish 8-8, Kubiak will be gone.

Use your brains.
Old 11-18-2013   #191
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I don't get this "we can only hope for it to be true" crap. Kubiak is getting fired. That much is clear. Nobody loses 8 games in a row and keeps their job. Even if we won the last six games to finish 8-8, Kubiak will be gone.

Use your brains.
Yeah but we want him gone today
Old 11-18-2013   #192
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

isnt there a press conference on mondays at 3 usually?
Old 11-18-2013   #193
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've wanted to see Rick Smith gone along with Kubiak but to be honest I don't think that's necessarily a "must have" right out of the gate.

Before I would say that I'd like to see in what way (if in any way) Smith conducts the teams business without Kubiak's input. What do things look like with Rick Smith as his own man?

Right now we don't like him because of some of the moves the Texans have made but at the same time we don't know what prompted those moves or from where they originated. We make a lot of noise about how in this organization the head coach hired the GM and how that's backwards. Lets see what happens when the GM is freed from that connection.

It may very well come out to be the same situation and he may have to go in the end but I'd be willing to see what a year of new HC plus Rick Smith as GM (but knowing that he's on notice) looks like if it meant finally getting rid of Gary and Garyball.
Old 11-18-2013   #194
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Good. It's about time.

And for those saying McNair is racist, a minority owners meeting disproves that...

msr. good one.
Old 11-18-2013   #195
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I've wanted to see Rick Smith gone along with Kubiak but to be honest I don't think that's necessarily a "must have" right out of the gate.

Before I would say that I'd like to see in what way (if in any way) Smith conducts the teams business without Kubiak's input. What do things look like with Rick Smith as his own man?

Right now we don't like him because of some of the moves the Texans have made but at the same time we don't know what prompted those moves or from where they originated. We make a lot of noise about how in this organization the head coach hired the GM and how that's backwards. Lets see what happens when the GM is freed from that connection.

It may very well come out to be the same situation and he may have to go in the end but I'd be willing to see what a year of new HC plus Rick Smith as GM (but knowing that he's on notice) looks like if it meant finally getting rid of Gary and Garyball.
If Smith stays my money is on Sumlin coming . Why ... Sumlin was at Purdue from 1983-86 and Smith was there right after .

Round Dan
Old 11-18-2013   #196
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
If Smith stays my money is on Sumlin coming . Why ... Sumlin was at Purdue from 1983-86 and Smith was there right after .
May very well be. I have no real problem with that and I'm not saying that I particularly want Smith to stay. I'm just saying if Gary out the door and Rick on a short lease is the best I can get then I'm in. I just think that short leash has to be real. No waiting 5 more years or some BS to make sure that works.
Old 11-18-2013   #197
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
isnt there a press conference on mondays at 3 usually?
anyone?
Old 11-18-2013   #198
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
anyone?
I think it's 3:00 or 3:30 .

Round Dan
Old 11-18-2013   #199
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Said it once, I'll say it again. I'll believe it when I see it.

Not that I don't hope Kubiak is outa here though.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-18-2013   #200
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
I think it's 3:00 or 3:30 .
i thought so, either there isnt one or they arent showing it live.....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read