Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-03-2013   #81
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2nd round DJ Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
Sean Porter LB Texas A&M, Jesse Williams DT Alabama, David Quessenberry G/T San Jose State...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
This guy. Love this guy.
WE GOT A FREAKING STEAL. I think that in approximately 2 years Brennan Williams and Quessenberry will be starting. Brown is inked in at LT and they drafted Williams to play RT. I think that Quessenberry will eventually replace Wade Smith and can slide outside if an injury occurs. High on him too. Knows how to do the little things like Hopkins.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013   #82
Brett
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Brett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Film Room: DJ Swearinger

Hey ya'll, just wanted to drop this off in case anyone was interested.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/5/...d-j-swearinger
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013   #83
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31193 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Film Room: DJ Swearinger

Informative post about our rookie safety. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-20-2013   #84
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Film Room: DJ Swearinger

Good find Brett, he really seems to be pro ready against the run. I am just curious to see how far along his coverage game is.

Last edited by SW H-TOWN; 05-20-2013 at 11:26 PM.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #85
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

With all the positives said about him (and i believe them all). It makes me wonder why did he last all the way to late 2nd rd?

Anyone?
Old 05-21-2013   #86
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
With all the positives said about him (and i believe them all). It makes me wonder why did he last all the way to late 2nd rd?

Anyone?
He can be overly aggressive and this shows up in a lot of ways. He picks up a lot of penalties because of that. He'll also go for the big hit instead of wrapping up sometimes. He'll be over-aggressive against the run and sometimes blow coverage assignments.

There were worries that he didn't have the range to be a good safety in coverage.

And then there are the worries about his height.

Late 2nd round was about where he was expected to go.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #87
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post

Anyone?
It happens...

There are other players teams like more for whatever reason. I wouldn't get too caught up in supposed negatives as every prospect has a list of negatives.

I'd just look at it like there were other players selected ahead of him that other teams valued higher.

It's not like he fell to the fifth round. 2nd round is a good place to be taken.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #88
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
He can be overly aggressive and this shows up in a lot of ways. He picks up a lot of penalties because of that. He'll also go for the big hit instead of wrapping up sometimes. He'll be over-aggressive against the run and sometimes blow coverage assignments.

There were worries that he didn't have the range to be a good safety in coverage.

I agree his 40 was horrible. But he doesnt play like a 4.67 at all. I would've easily said a low 4.5, easily as fast as Elam.

His over aggressiveniss might play well in the sub package, as somewhat of a LB. against the run.
Old 05-21-2013   #89
Brett
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Brett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respected

He's definitely aggressive, but I think the TFL's outweigh the negatives here in terms of how often he is right vs how often he is wrong.
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #90
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

His aggressiveness reminds me of linebacker Vontaze Burfict who had 16 personal fouls thru his junior year. Considered a 2011 first rounder, he went undrafted 2012 after leaving school early. Became starter in third week for Bengals getting 127 tackles team high.

While Burfict did fail marijuana test at combine, his on field skills were crazy good but was a penalty flag waiting to happen. I am not concerned about GRR! at all.
Old 05-21-2013   #91
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
His aggressiveness reminds me of linebacker Vontaze Burfict who had 16 personal fouls thru his junior year. Considered a 2011 first rounder, he went undrafted 2012 after leaving school early. Became starter in third week for Bengals getting 127 tackles team high.

While Burfict did fail marijuana test at combine, his on field skills were crazy good but was a penalty flag waiting to happen. I am not concerned about GRR! at all.
Me either, at this point. If he develops a rep like Bernard Pollard did and draws a flag if he even breathes on a receiver then that would be a problem.

Hope that doesn't happen.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #92
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Swearinger ladder drills workout video .... Link

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #93
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Everytime I see Swearinger I think about this song:

Quote:
Bad girls ain't no good, and the good girls ain't no fun
And the hood girls want a smart *****, college girls all want a thug
So it seems we fiend what we don't need
Got a thing for a queen who know when to leave
I ain't bout to judge you, don't judge me
You ain't gotta really sing about your rap sheet
Cause I heard you (bad nooo)
In the literal sense I mean that
He looks like Wale to me:

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #94
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241303 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Time to man up...

Rookie safety Swearinger to get first start for Texans
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #95
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hoping for big things out if DJ.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #96
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

He missed a tackle yesterday.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #97
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
He misses a tackle every week. Rookie safeties do that. Gotta learn sometime how to play at this level. Might as well be now.
Old 11-18-2013   #98
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
That is putting it kindly.
Old 11-18-2013   #99
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude looked like he was giving Jennings a celebratory shoulder bump. It was actually comical because of how bad it looked.

Sharpton did nothing but catch his block and was easily taken out of the play.
Old 11-18-2013   #100
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Dude looked like he was giving Jennings a celebratory shoulder bump. It was actually comical because of how bad it looked.

Sharpton did nothing but catch his block and was easily taken out of the play.
Sigh.. welcome to the new NFL where love taps are only allowed if you are a receiver, and then when the real men play you get your face ripped off then run for a TD.

The more interesting thing for me was that Jennings then outran everyone else.. including our corners.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read