Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013   #141
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Coaching candidates

We've had a defensive minded coach and an offensive minded coach. I'm hoping for a special teams minded coach.

Then after he gets fired McNair will have experience from all 3 phases of the game and take on a Jerry Jones role
Old 11-18-2013   #142
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default McNairs, we deserve better. Time to show you want a winner not a joke.

Mr. Bob McNair and Cal,

There are many that think you only care about the money. There are many that think you have no clue on how to run a football team. if you really want a winner you need to take action.

I am not sure how it feels to be the owner of the Texans, the biggest disappointment in the NFL, but as a fan of the Texans it really sucks. We have no ability to change what is happening. You on the other hand have complete control to make a change.

Show the fans that you really do want a champion. Clean house including the GM. Understand it does not take forever to start over but it will take longer than forever to have a champion with this front office.
Old 11-18-2013   #143
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32864 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McNairs, we deserve better. Time to show you want a winner not a joke.

Honestly, if this coach and GM come back next year I think the love affair this city has with the team will be over..

Houston is a fickle market and if the Howard/Hardin combo kicks it into high gear we'll see more clutch-city type hype than love-ya-blu talk..

TJ
Old 11-18-2013   #144
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McNairs, we deserve better. Time to show you want a winner not a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Honestly, if this coach and GM come back next year I think the love affair this city has with the team will be over..

Houston is a fickle market and if the Howard/Hardin combo kicks it into high gear we'll see more clutch-city type hype than love-ya-blu talk..

TJ
Duh. This city is in love with winning. Once Texans win again, love will be right back.
Old 11-18-2013   #145
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think McNair realizes that he can't bring back Kubiak next year. I believe it's just a matter of time before Kubiak is gone. Rick Smith I don't have a gut feeling on, but I honestly would be shocked if Kubiak is back next year, I really would.

So who replaces Kubiak is the question I worry about.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-18-2013   #146
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

2012 Champs said BoB doesn't owe the fans anything.

He's unfortunately correct.

The only way to get to BoB is thru his wallet.
Old 11-18-2013   #147
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 129140 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I think McNair realizes that he can't bring back Kubiak next year. I believe it's just a matter of time before Kubiak is gone. Rick Smith I don't have a gut feeling on, but I honestly would be shocked if Kubiak is back next year, I really would.

So who replaces Kubiak is the question I worry about.
Everything that Kubiak has done this season says should be fired, but I seriously doubt that will happen. I have resisted the urge to jump on the "McNair doesn't care because he's making big money regardless of the teams failure', but I am so dismayed that I don't even know what it will take to force McNair to admit this is a total failure of a team and hire people that know how to win.
Old 11-18-2013   #148
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
We've had a defensive minded coach and an offensive minded coach. I'm hoping for a special teams minded coach.

Then after he gets fired McNair will have experience from all 3 phases of the game and take on a Jerry Jones role
We could try a rugby coach.
Old 11-18-2013   #149
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post

You need to get away from the old school I control the world coach . Bill B is controlling but I bet he doesn't get too much into Brady's business .
Old 11-18-2013   #150
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 51991 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

i think ive come to the conclusion that i want ray horton as our next head coach. everywhere has gone for the last DECADE, his defenses have been stout
Old 11-18-2013   #151
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I agree that they are frauds this year. They haven't beat anybody and were beat soundly tonight, IMO.

That said.....the Chiefs are a QB away from being a SB contender. Reid walked into a fantastic situation there. They have a great defense, a great running game, and a good O-Line.

Reid did a great job upgrading the QB position in the offseason (Brady Quinn/Matt Cassell to Alex Smith) but that took them from struggling team to good team. They won't take the next step until they get better at QB.

Sound familiar?
They're probably a QB and a receiver or two away from a SB. Sounds VERY familiar. I wonder if they're going to have an utterly shameful meltdown a year or two from now.

Going into the DEN-KC game yesterday, the teams had a combined 1 win against teams with a winning record. Meaning Denver and KC have been playing some pretty crappy teams to be where they're both at this year. Although I think Denver is more legit than KC right now. KC is just a fraud waiting to be exposed.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 11-18-2013   #152
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
bring it back

Oh it's back. It's been back but now it's back until he's gone.

Lo there do I see Dom Capers, Lo there do I see Gary Kubiak, their players and their assistant coaches , Lo there do I see the line of Houston Texans, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call us wishy-washy fans out, they bid us take our place among them, in the halls of Reliant Stadium, on the brown grass trays, where the mediocre may coach and play forever!

Old 11-18-2013   #153
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Oh it's back. It's been back but now it's back until he's gone.

Lo there do I see Dom Capers, Lo there do I see Gary Kubiak, their players and their assistant coaches , Lo there do I see the line of Houston Texans, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call us wishy-washy fans out, they bid us take our place among them, in the halls of Reliant Stadium, on the brown grass trays, where the mediocre may coach and play forever!

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
Old 11-18-2013   #154
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Get McNair's Attention

Hard to hurt McNair financially when most of seats are season tickets.

The only way to show displeasure is to BUY NOTHING while in stadium.
There are water fountains if you are thirsty. I don't think can bring in food but you may be able to bring in an empty water bottle. If you go to game do not buy anything.

We only have two home games remaining.
Old 11-18-2013   #155
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 11-18-2013   #156
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sean McDermott. Carolina's defensive coordinator.
Old 11-18-2013   #157
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

From a business perspective, Keenum has the value of built-in customer loyalty in Houston. For that reason alone, Bob would want Keenum starting during a losing season. If the team can't win, at least the fans can cheer on the hometown hero. Kubiak doesn't appreciate that reason, so now there's a broader schism between him and the owner. Despite what move would actually improve the win/loss record, benching Keenum right now will be enough to get Kubiak fired.

The best marketing move that Bob can make right now is to assure fans that Keenum will start if they show up to root for him.
Old 11-18-2013   #158
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Sam Winters from the ESU Timberwolves
Old 11-18-2013   #159
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bob Mcnair called a minority owners meeting

https://mobile.twitter.com/johngranato

Posting from phone. Consensus isbKubiak has to go
Old 11-18-2013   #160
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Not sure how much water this holds, but thought I'd share anyways

Quote:
John Granato ‏@johngranato 52m
Bob McNair called a meeting for minority owners. Consensus: Kubiak has to go. They weren't sure about Rick Smith. Will he listen to them?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read