Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: You make the call!
Keep Kubiak & Smith 13 11.21%
Fire Kubiak & Smith 77 66.38%
Fire Kubiak & keep Smith 22 18.97%
Keep Kubiak & fire Smith 2 1.72%
Other 2 1.72%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2013   #81
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak/Smith: Keep them or fire them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Cushing was playing very well before the new freak injury, so I'm not sure what you're going for there. For Schaub, people seem to think we signed him to a Flacco-esque deal.
Unnecessary money on unknown commodities. Invest in talent...not guesswork. Dont act like schaubs contract isn't going to hurt this team. I don't want mcnair to be cheap but schrewd is a compliment for a buisnessman. Screw nice...do whats necessary to secure some lombardis. This **** is getting old.
Old 11-18-2013   #82
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Unnecessary money on unknown commodities. Invest in talent...not guesswork. Dont act like schaubs contract isn't going to hurt this team. I don't want mcnair to be cheap but schrewd is a compliment for a buisnessman. Screw nice...do whats necessary to secure some lombardis. This **** is getting old.
The fact that we're able to cut him as of June 1st without much harm to the team only a year and a half removed from the extension is proof that it wasn't made to hurt the team long-term. Nobody could have foreseen Schaub's arm failing him like it did; if anything, through the first ten games of the season (especially vs. Denver) he looked like he had been underpaid.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #83
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think Bob's a nice guy. I think he's close to Gary & Wade and can't see firing them after what they've been through this season. I wish he was the cold blooded person I pretend to be on the internet, because I'd really like to hear that Kubiak has been let go tonight.

But that ain't going to happen.

I voted for other. I think Bob will hire a guy to put between himself & his employees, Rick Smith & Gary Kubiak.

The only problem with that, is we'll just be looking for a new head coach next year, or the year after. So with that in mind, in light of Kubiak's stroke, & in appreciation of everything Gary has done right for pro football in Houston, I hope he promotes Kubiak to VP of football operations, or something, tomorrow & name Dennison interim head coach.

In my dream world, Gary won't pick his replacement. The group will... Cal, Rick, McNair, & Gary... but we'll have a new HC next year.

& he can fire his VP of football operations mid-season 2014... he's paying him through 2014 anyway.
You're weird, TK.
Old 11-18-2013   #84
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
The fact that we're able to cut him as of June 1st without much harm to the team only a year and a half removed from the extension is proof that it wasn't made to hurt the team long-term. Nobody could have foreseen Schaub's arm failing him like it did; if anything, through the first ten games of the season (especially vs. Denver) he looked like he had been underpaid.
Lots of people realized a year or 2 ago that this team was winning inspite of schaub...not because of him. The denver victory might be the hallmark of his career. What about the other 15 games last year?
Old 11-18-2013   #85
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

im with u powda its not only just Schaub and Cushing and reed that's the most recent going back from Day 1 in 05 smith has made a lot of errors not only in draft picks but pretty much everything and im talking about the draft picks round 2-7

even the recent thing with getting rid of draft players over smoking a cigar come on MAN !!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #86
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone realize that right now we have the #3 overall pick in the draft?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #87
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Anyone realize that right now we have the #3 overall pick in the draft?
lose to the jags and we might have the #1 Pick

Teddy Bridgewater ...........???????????/ LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #88
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Lots of people realized a year or 2 ago that this team was winning inspite of schaub...not because of him. The denver victory might be the hallmark of his career. What about the other 15 games last year?
Two years ago Schaub was en route to a career year before Fat Albert Haynesworth fell on his foot, and he's never been the same quite since. And before that Schaub was one of the pillars keeping this team up despite the terrible, terrible defense weighing it down.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #89
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Prior to today's game, I was in Gary's corner all the way & willing to defend him to the end. But, when he took Case out & put Schaub back in I lost it. If Gary is our coach next year I'll be shocked. There is no way McNair can justify keeping him on after this year. I thought AJ walking off the field before the game was over was louder than any words he could've spoken.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read