Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2013   #81
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
All unlikable?

Were you saying that about our players the past 2 years?

Didn't think so, kind of contributes to what Tate was discussing.
uh, yes.. i was.

i have always had problems with matt schaub's lack of personality. i've never seen a team attack its fans more than the texans this season.

i can go on and on, but i don't feel like entertaining your blather.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #82
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Most "Houston Sports Fans" are the worst sort of bandwagonning, self-entitled, embarrassments to the city we have going for us. I have personally been embarrassed multiple times just from hearing fans boo the offense when like the first two drives don't result in 8 points a piece due to the starting QB. Or fans going to players houses (It's happened more than once).

It seems like a lot of fans feel like we're entitled to some sort of juggernaut franchise because of how miserable football history has been in Houston. Sure, changes are wanted by the fan base, but holy crap at least cheer for them when they are on the field. I'm not saying you don't have a right to boo your team whenever you feel like it, but I wouldn't get all offended when players notice it and talk about it.
who the hell are you?

what gives you the right to tell someone not to boo an atrocity?

you act as if these are some little league players or even collegiate athletes who are playing out of the goodness of their hearts. this is the nfl... these MEN do not play for free, nor do fans watch for free... this crap effort by most of the players and coaching staff deserve a constant boo. not to mention kubiak's genius decision to bring schaub back in.... my lord..

and if you want to talk about "self entitled".. let's talk about the texans delivering us two playoff appearances in 12 years. tate's statement is as self entitled as it gets.
Old 11-18-2013   #83
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8094 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

dude should have been traded when the browns offered us a freaking 1st. another good one by the FO
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #84
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
uh, yes.. i was.

i have always had problems with matt schaub's lack of personality. i've never seen a team attack its fans more than the texans this season.

Don't try to twist what you said.

You never specified Schaub, you said our players.

So who, Andre? Watt? Cushing? OD? Antonio Smith? Keenum? Swearinger? ...?
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #85
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
dude should have been traded when the browns offered us a freaking 1st. another good one by the FO
There's absolutely no way that story was true and was shot down shortly after it came up.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #86
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_Oki View Post
So hilarious to see fans get ramped up when a player has an opinion. "You can't say that about me!!! I spent money on a ticket!!! *RAGE FACE*" Fans can't act like a-holes just because they paid money to watch a game. I mean, they can, but don't get all butt hurt when a player has something to say about it.

And yes... Houston fans are bitchy and whiny and always have been. Show up late, go home early... it is that way and always will be that way.

I understand the frustration, the team is an absolute joke right now. Gary pulling Keenum should just be another strike against him
Houston fans have gotten a turd sandwich of a football team for far too long and have had it. No city other than Cleveland has had to put up with garbage football for DECADES like we have. ALL THE HOUSTON FAN HATERS CAN GO TO HELL AND KISS MY ASS
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #87
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Houston fans have gotten a turd sandwich of a football team for far too long and have had it. No city other than Cleveland has had to put up with garbage football for DECADES like we have. ALL THE HOUSTON FAN HATERS CAN GO TO HELL AND KISS MY ASS
Seattle fans would like a word. Honestly, there are a lot of sports towns that have suffered, trying to claim you've had it worst or second-worst isn't really much of an argument.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #88
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

after seeing all the cool raiders fans im kinda glad they don't give a ****

Maybe were becoming the new Philly of the NFL ROWDYYYY FANS WHO DONT GIVE A **** !!!!!!!!!!! LOL

THo I still don't know why we cheer bush I didn't vote for that fool LOL

butt anyways today in the parking lot the Raiders fans were smokin mad weed in the parking lot and the Parking lot staff was so sccurreeedd of them LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #89
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Don't try to twist what you said.

You never specified Schaub, you said our players.

So who, Andre? Watt? Cushing? OD? Antonio Smith? Keenum? Swearinger? ...?
I said "most".. Excluding players like watt, ninja, keenum, etc..
Old 11-18-2013   #90
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I can understand that players like Tate who actually goes out there and does a good job can find it frustrating that people are booing. The way I see it, people booed Kubiaks decision to put in Schaub (among other Things), not Tates play. If I were out there doing a good job, I would get frustrated with booing too.
Old 11-18-2013   #91
craneman
Rookie

Quote:
you can't take anything these texans say seriously.

this is not the first time they have lashed out on the fans.

just like their coach, they always look for excuses. a bunch of losers, and a major rebuild is needed.
Do they really think they can win at home without US??????????????????????
craneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #92
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
uh, yes.. i was.

Its easy to sit here and say you knew everything and you have always been right blah blah, but its easier for people like me and other vet members to claim such things since our post history dates back to before Sept 2013. Just saying
Old 11-18-2013   #93
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32864 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry Ben, I can't be rah-rah at 2-8 with 8 consecutive losses.

(two against bad teams at home..)

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #94
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You know, I was at the game today. Every seat wasn't full, but there were a lot of people there.

I was pouting, early, because we couldn't move the ball & those spectacular plays just weren't happening. We turned the ball over twice & allowed the Raiders to score 14 points with little resistance.

We kept going 3 & out against the Raiders defense (as bad as ours) & I wasn't enjoying myself.

But the people around me..... they were enjoying what they were watching. They were into the game, making noise on defense, applauding, screaming & shouting "FIRST DOWN!!" when they should. The kiss cam, the jump cam, the fan cam all went around & you could see people enjoying themselves all over the place.

When Bullock hit his field goal, they cheered. When Keyshawn had a good return, they cheered. When he returned one for a TD they went wild.

The reporters decided to focus on the bad & Ben took the bait. I'm sure Ben was just as upset as the rest of us when McCain gave up his first touchdown of the evening. & the second one. I'm sure he was upset when we couldn't pick up 3rd & 1... multiple times.

I'm sure he wasn't happy when he realized the losing streak extended to 8 games.

It's cool for you to say he was right, that the fans are fickle... but he should have said, "I'm upset too. I don't like losing."

If he was honest, he would have been booing too.

I think you are supporting what I am saying here. Sure the large group of fans are wishy-washy or fickle or whatever because the people booing one thing are not the same people cheering at other times.

Even still look at that this thread. so how many of the people hating Ben tate were the same one's who thought Tate should been playing over Foster. The people who have turned on him for a fairly light criticism are proving him to be telling "the truth."
Old 11-18-2013   #95
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Just heard wade smiths comments.

He blames the fans for being too noisy. Says they actually had to go to a silent count when Matt came in and that should never happen at home. Said he's disappointed.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #96
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Next week we need to bring signs that say we are booing the whole FO/braintrust, owner,Gm and coaches.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #97
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Just heard wade smiths comments.

He blames the fans for being too noisy. Says they actually had to go to a silent count when Matt came in and that should never happen at home. Said he's disappointed.
He's disappointed? Well somebody tell Wade that we've been watching him and his pals on the OL play all year and we know exactly how his soon to be released butt feels where disappointed is concerned.

When your fans are booing you at home you shouldn't be looking at the fans wondering what's wrong with them. You should be looking in a mirror.
Old 11-18-2013   #98
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Ben Tate can go **** himself. He's going to be just another Texans retread RB on some other team next year. Have fun on the Browns! See what it's like to toil away in football purgatory for the rest of your career, bro.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #99
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
who the hell are you?

what gives you the right to tell someone not to boo an atrocity?

you act as if these are some little league players or even collegiate athletes who are playing out of the goodness of their hearts. this is the nfl... these MEN do not play for free, nor do fans watch for free... this crap effort by most of the players and coaching staff deserve a constant boo. not to mention kubiak's genius decision to bring schaub back in.... my lord..

and if you want to talk about "self entitled".. let's talk about the texans delivering us two playoff appearances in 12 years. tate's statement is as self entitled as it gets.
Exactly. Self entitled "I can do what I want when I want and I deserve a great franchise" type fans. Boo whenever you please, and throw a fit when the players take notice it makes all Houston fans look so warm and endearing nationally.

Especially after the whole cheering Schaub's injury during the Rams game. Maybe a few bad years will thin out the terrible **** heads that have latched on to this fan base in the last few years.
Old 11-18-2013   #100
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
He's disappointed? Well somebody tell Wade that we've been watching him and his pals on the OL play all year and we know exactly how his soon to be released butt feels where disappointed is concerned.

When your fans are booing you at home you shouldn't be looking at the fans wondering what's wrong with them. You should be looking in a mirror.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Ben Tate can go **** himself. He's going to be just another Texans retread RB on some other team next year. Have fun on the Browns! See what it's like to toil away in football purgatory for the rest of your career, bro.
I think the fans are making a transition from happy to have a team to , this losing and gagging in big games stinks to high heaven and we're tired of it . We don't owe you anymore than buying a ticket and parking pass . This isn't a 3rd grade Christmas play where no matter what , you stand and applaud .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read