Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-17-2013   #81
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If we get a top 5 pick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Bridgewater is 3" taller and 7 lbs lighter, that's NOT in proportion. Bridgewater looks like a tall skinny WR, Manziel looks like a big safety.
Your argument is asinine and the weight difference is neglible. Bridgewater's frame supports the idea that he can and will add weight...let alone the measely 7 lbs you're quibling about.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #82
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Neither Bridgewater or Manziel are "stout," unless the definition of that word has changed and I didn't get the memo.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #83
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

I looked up the video of Manziel being injured against Auburn, and the way he was hit is the same way Rodgers broke his collarbone; ie, you don't want ANY quarterback coming down like that, directly on their shoulder. That doesn't indicate to me that Manziel is 'fragile' any more so than someone like Cushing is for taking a hit that usually causes an injury. And Texian is technically correct: Manziel isn't exactly stocky but Bridgewater is a bit skinnier by comparison, though it shouldn't make a huge difference.

I'm also on the Manziel bandwagon if only because of his eyes: he sees the field better than anyone else, and has improved at making reads. It's what makes guys like Drew Brees so dangerous, though I'd argue Manziel's athleticism takes it to another level. If he could just perfect his mimic of Wilson's escape act he could be truly dangerous.

JFF, y'all.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #84
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Neither Bridgewater or Manziel are "stout," unless the definition of that word has changed and I didn't get the memo.
Well I guess you're going to need to give us your definition of stout since you don't agree. I am already prepared for a person being a hearty FSU stout and another person being rather smallish Texas A&M frail. Remember we are not talking about OG or NT here.Would you be happier if I said Manziel is well proportioned for a 6' 212 lbs and Bridgewater is a bit peckish at 6'3" and only 205 lbs or would you prefer to continue to nit pick?
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #85
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Neither is what I would term stout. EJ Manual is stout. Boyd may be the closest thing in terms of being a stout QB @ 225 & only 6' tall. Manziel processes information quicker than anybody I've seen this year & has excellent core strength for his size.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #86
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

I have erred in my choice of words and the use of the word "stout". To all those that I have offended by the word choice I apologize. That was never my intention. I know now I should've have used better judgement in my word choice. I should've said the Johnny Manziel at 6' 212 lbs doesn't appear as thin as the 6'3" 205 lbs Teddy Bridgewater. To all those who are stout and there is no question about the stoutness and are too offended by my using the word stout, my apologies to you also. It was never my intention to offend or call attention to anyone being stout.
Old 11-17-2013   #87
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was never my intention to offend or call attention to anyone being stout.
You callin' us fat, boy-o?
Old 11-17-2013   #88
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Yep...manziel weighs 7 more lbs than bridgewater so that apparently makes him more stout and bridgewater frail...
Then I'm a Sherman tank.
Old 11-17-2013   #89
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For somebody who is 6' yes and compared to the tall skinny Bridgewater yes, he's stout. 6' 212 is not small. Manziel is in proportion to QBs who are 6'2" 225. Compared to JJ Watt, no, he's not stout.
Michael Vick is frail.
Old 11-17-2013   #90
bhsman
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Michael Vick is frail.
Are Drew Brees or Russel Wilson 'frail', then?
Old 11-17-2013   #91
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Are Drew Brees or Russel Wilson 'frail', then?
I don't think Brees or Wilson are 6' tall & i'd bet they're both 210lbs before breakfast.
Old 11-17-2013   #92
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't think Brees or Wilson are 6' tall & i'd bet they're both 210lbs before breakfast.
The Seahawks have Wilson at 5'11" 206 lbs.
The Saints list Brees at 6' 209 lbs.
Old 11-18-2013   #93
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well I guess you're going to need to give us your definition of stout since you don't agree. I am already prepared for a person being a hearty FSU stout and another person being rather smallish Texas A&M frail. Remember we are not talking about OG or NT here.Would you be happier if I said Manziel is well proportioned for a 6' 212 lbs and Bridgewater is a bit peckish at 6'3" and only 205 lbs or would you prefer to continue to nit pick?
Nitpick? What are you rambling about now?

You said one guy is frail, the other guy is stout. I correctly said that neither is stout. Sorry for not agreeing that your man crush is a "stout" guy.

Stout: A thickset or corpulent person.

You're making yourself sound like a ridiculously goofy groupie in your last 5 or so posts.

You don't need to tear down another guy to make your boo sound like a more viable prospect. Especially when you are talking about one of your boo's biggest negatives.
Old 11-18-2013   #94
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The Seahawks have Wilson at 5'11" 206 lbs.
The Saints list Brees at 6' 209 lbs.
I know, I saw those numbers before I posted. I still think they rounded up on Brees' height & they were weighed under optimal conditions.

One guy looks like he's built to take a punch.....

The other guy doesn't

One is also 10 years senior to the other... then again

But Johny doesn't look as frail as this guy...

Old 11-18-2013   #95
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't you know dark colors are slimming?

I love Manziel but I'm also scared of him just a bit. I agree with the others that tout his vision and ability to process information, it's exceptional and it's something you cannot coach. I'd also add his competitiveness and will to win, again that cannot be coached. I'd like to see him make more plays on schedule where he drops back, sticks his foot in the ground and fires the ball. I'm also a bit worried that he'll take too many big hits and get injured.

The sad thing is he'd be a perfect fit in Kubiak's offense. To bad Gary's coached himself out of a job...
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #96
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Your argument is asinine and the weight difference is neglible. Bridgewater's frame supports the idea that he can and will add weight...let alone the measely 7 lbs you're quibling about.
I can tell you're young and your education incomplete by the language you use in your argument. Until Bridgewater does add weight he will always be on the thin side. And he still throws a floater on his deep ball. My arguments are many things but never asinine.

Last edited by Texian; 11-18-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-18-2013   #97
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Don't you know dark colors are slimming?

I love Manziel but I'm also scared of him just a bit. I agree with the others that tout his vision and ability to process information, it's exceptional and it's something you cannot coach. I'd also add his competitiveness and will to win, again that cannot be coached. I'd like to see him make more plays on schedule where he drops back, sticks his foot in the ground and fires the ball. I'm also a bit worried that he'll take too many big hits and get injured.

The sad thing is he'd be a perfect fit in Kubiak's offense. To bad Gary's coached himself out of a job...
Understand some apprehension about Manziel. Situation was quite similar to Cam Newton when he announced he was entering the NFL Draft. At the time I think there were more questions about Cam's NFL game. Cam had a lot naysayers (probably many right here) who said his game would never transition to an NFL QB.

Last edited by Texian; 11-18-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-18-2013   #98
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
This is why I think Matthews is the safest pick.
He does well both at RT and LT.

Good technique, good pad level, good kick slide, good movement combined with the skill and knowledge of how to use his hands and arms, Quick and efficient on the second level, strong to sustain the bull rush, recover nicely upon mistake.

This guy has it all.
He's playing LT this year and I'm drafting him as such.

Your QB's best friend.
rep. It's so damn obvious.
Old 11-18-2013   #99
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I fully expected Texans to win a few of these match-ups but I was wrong. QB position is beyond psycho this point. Kubiak/Schaub as I've maintained must be joined @ the hip & it's time to severe this relationship from organization. Both must pay the ultimate price, being cut, discharged, fired

Offensive Line is part old/new never developed into a cohesive unit hoped. No longer running the ZBS only abolition the running game has dwindled , becoming incapable of converting 3rd downs or TD's with no depth whatsoever.

The defense runs through one player, Watt, without him there is nothing. Still highly graded stat wise, he is just that good, but I would argue he needs more help than Case Keenum.

For once special teams did not beat you. Yet Texans are 2-8 & 10 1/2 point favorites against Jacksonville?????????????????????? which brings us to distinct possibility both teams will have top 5 picks, both needing a QB/OT/DE. Could be we repeat 2003 draft when Detroit selected #2 & Texans #3, Lions selected Charles Rogers, Texans Andre Johnson?

Point is one team will pull a potential hall of fame player the other maybe not so much. Bridewater/Clowney both most talented prospects offensive/defensive hence both maybe gone by 3-5 selection. So after that do you target highest grade or highest need/grade? Since Texans need everything, doesn't it come back to best player (which Andre was)?

What I would like to see within this thread is for all of us to come to a consensus in order the next 3 best players available.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #100
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

If we have a top 5 pick, I am taking either Barr or Matthews, possibly Nix depending on his health situation.

I like Clowney's skill set but there are question marks there that I don't have good enough answers to.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read