Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2013   #41
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It was over when...

It has been over since the bye week last year. This team has not been the same.
Old 11-17-2013   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post

I knew Kubiak and his handpicked GM and coaches were done the moment Kubiak put Schaub back in today. It has been clear that the team was sparked by what Keenum brought to the fold. He had his struggles against the blitz and in second half of games, but it was clear that they believed in him more than they believed in Schuab.
When I heard Schaub was in the game (had to leave early to go to work) I knew they had better win, or Kubiak was done.

I don't believe there was a spark. Because I don't believe the team laid down on Schaub. They laid down on Kubiak & Wade & everybody else that looks like a coach. They didn't care that Wade lost his daddy & they didn't care that Kubiak suffered a mild stroke. They would have won if they had. Bottom line, may sound cold, but that's the way it is.

People didn't like Al Davis, but when he died the Raiders found a way to beat a much better team. We couldn't beat the Rams. We can't pick up 3rd & 1. We can't pick up 4th & 1.

This team was on a 7 game losing streak, they're at the goal line (damn near) & they can't pick up 3rd & 1? With 7 offensive linemen in the game. They lose a yard.

The Raiders had nothing to play for, nothing but pride. They know they're not a very good team, but they're not the worse. They know there's at least one team in the league worse than they are.

The only spark Keenum lit was on Andre Johnson... the rest of the team couldn't have cared less.
Old 11-17-2013   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
What I see, is that McNair doesn't view Kubiak as someone he employees but as someone who is a friend and you cannot befriend your employees in any business.
You don't become a billionaire without selling out a few friends. That's why I'm broke.
Old 11-17-2013   #44
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

When it was over?

Probably when Swearinger got trucked by Jennings on his way to that long rushing TD for their 28th pt of the game....for a guy who prides himself on his hitting, the ether he recieved on that play has to be burning reeeaaaalll slow.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #45
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80234 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
When it was over?

Probably when Swearinger got trucked by Jennings on his way to that long rushing TD for their 28th pt of the game....for a guy who prides himself on his hitting, the ether he recieved on that play has to be burning reeeaaaalll slow.
ugh i had wiped that out of my memory.....damn it lol
Old 11-17-2013   #46
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
it was over when they came out in those stupid lettermans for that patriots game

That's one of the most embarassing things I've ever experienced as a Houston fan, to include the Oiler years. Absolute joke.
Old 11-17-2013   #47
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Dre pulled up instead of continuing his route into the open space between the zones. Schaub was expecting him to continue running in the same direction, not stop. Doesn't' mean Schaub is suddenly not crap. It does mean in this one instance, Schaub was right, Dre was wrong, and Dre was man enough to admit it. That's all...
Which had nothing to do with the argument that took place. Both players have screwed up, the screw up wasn't the reason for the blow up.

Dre knew he was wrong.. as did Schaub.

Like Schaub knew he screwed up earlier in the season (multiple times)... as did Dre.

One player decided to get pissed and confront a player when he screwed up when the other player (who never blamed his QB for his mistakes) finally got pissed off at the lack of accountability from his own QB and walked off the field. When you point a finger you have 4 pointing back at you.. In Schaub's case.. 4 pick 6's pointing back in his direction He's the last guy who needs to be barking
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #48
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Which had nothing to do with the argument that took place. Both players have screwed up, the screw up wasn't the reason for the blow up.

Like Schaub knew he screwed up earlier in the season... as did Dre.

One player decided to get pissed and confront a player when he screwed up when the other player (who never blamed his QB for his mistakes) finally got pissed of at the lack of accountability and walked off the field.
Only difference is when schaub screwed up he always said "we" not "I" like case or AJ
Old 11-17-2013   #49
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Like Schaub knew he screwed up earlier in the season (multiple times)... as did Dre.

One player decided to get pissed and confront a player when he screwed up when the other player (who never blamed his QB for his mistakes) finally got pissed off at the lack of accountability from his own QB and walked off the field. When you point a finger you have 4 pointing back at you.. In Schaub's case.. 4 pick 6's pointing back in his direction He's the last guy who needs to be barking
Dre was responding to a question about the last play. FFS.
Old 11-17-2013   #50
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 3247 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I knew it was over when we came back from commercial and saw #8 standing in the huddle and not on the bench. Thats when i lost all faith in Kubiak, didnt want him gone before. But i want that dumb ass gone now.
Clear, concise, accurate: Best summation of all of today's posts.

The ghosts of my editors, and even my journalism profs, heartily approve.
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #51
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 3247 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
...without hakeem, houston would basically be cleveland when it comes to sports.
And thank God that Jordan took a hiatus.
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #52
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dre was responding to a question about the last play. FFS.
Yeah, I know. I've mentioned it MANY times before, but his response on the field didn't have crap to do with that question.

I heard the question he was responding to (how many times do I have to mention that), but that's not why he blew up. FFS. that was not the reason why he walked off the field and had it with Schaub.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #53
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom17 View Post
I would not be surprise if the Jags beat us! Maybe it's for the best if it can get Kubiak fired!
I expect it to happen and I have said since the Rams game that I could see them losing out.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #54
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew it was over when the Texans made ZERO effort to go after Peyton Manning.

Kubiak simply joked to MS that he was going to meet with PM at the airport. Bet he wishes it was not a joke.
Old 11-17-2013   #55
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Never thought he was the guy who was going to lead us to the promise land. I thought of him as guy who righted the ship but someone else was going to get the team over the hump. Unfortunately, I've been proven right and he should have been let go couple of years ago.
Old 11-17-2013   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
One player decided to get pissed and confront a player when he screwed up when the other player (who never blamed his QB for his mistakes) finally got pissed off at the lack of accountability from his own QB and walked off the field.
Matt was trying to be a leader.
Old 11-17-2013   #57
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
It was over when Ben Tate fumbled against Seattle. That set the wheels in motion for that game's collapse, Matt Schaub's collapse, and the subsequent collapse of the 2013 Houston Texans.
LMAO.
Quote:
The NFL granted our franchise. Don't get me wrong, I love rooting for them, but I don't expect anything other than what we've had so far. A couple of decent/good seasons mixed in with several mediocre ones. Think about this, divide the total number of major championships this city has by the total number of seasons played in each major sport. And no, MLS and WNBA doesn't count...
So it's the geographical location of the team? Not surprisingly, you take the lead over the Matrix.
Quote:
He's the last guy who needs to be barking
You could see Schaub on the sideline trying to look like a leader and the players just ignoring him. He's a joke and so is his coach.
Old 11-17-2013   #58
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 166 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

It was over when Kubiak was hired. I have never seen a more dysfunctional football team & he is to blame.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #59
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Never thought he was the guy who was going to lead us to the promise land. I thought of him as guy who righted the ship but someone else was going to get the team over the hump. Unfortunately, I've been proven right and he should have been let go couple of years ago.
I genuinely thought pre-Lisfranc that Schaub was good enough to get us there assuming our defense looked as good as it did that year. Schaub was the game manager and for some reason I bought that BS.

FWIW I think Kubiak is a good offensive schemer. He just doesn't know enough about the defense and special teams to be a good head coach. He also doesn't makes adjustments on the fly fast enough.

Schaub has been in this league largely because he could thrive in a Kubiak system. He will likely get picked up somewhere and so will Kubiak as an OC. But there days here are done and they couldn't come fast enough.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #60
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3384 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak lost me today. I've never wanted him gone and always thought he could fix it with just a few more pieces and luck with injuries.

When he put Schaub back in I knew he lost the team and the fan base and there was no going back. He was done. I still don't understand it. Just no upside. None. Even winning would have come with a tremendous cost.

This era of Texans football is done.
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read