Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2013   #41
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 74447 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can somebody please explain to me...can't pick up a blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
You guys see only what you want to see..he's avoided alot of sacks, but he's taken some terrible ones too....

..& ok, so he hasnt thrown but 1 int in his starts....what he has done though is fumble the ball at least once in every game he's started.

And up to this particular point, this is his 2nd straight game his TO early has led to pts for the opposition.

So Yeah he's not throwing ints, but he's turning the ball over all the same and helping the opposition put points on the board like schaub was.

And just as easily as you can blame fat randy for his choke job or the o-line for being leaky, or the defense for being..........garbage, you can blame Keenum for the last 2 losses. You cant bring up the fact that he's lost all his starts by 7 or less points and then gloss over Keenum's key fumbles that have directly or indirectly contributed to the opposition's point totals.

Im not bringing this stuff up in defense of schaub, but lets look at the macro view of things, not the micro.
thats just it. he has flaws but schaubs are worse at this point. AND case has the POTENTIAL to get better, schaub does not.....everyone here agrees he has issues, specifically the blitzes and locking onto wide outs, but he played 3.5 games. relax, he will improve
Old 11-17-2013   #42
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
thats just it. he has flaws but schaubs are worse at this point. AND case has the POTENTIAL to get better, schaub does not.....everyone here agrees he has issues, specifically the blitzes and locking onto wide outs, but he played 3.5 games. relax, he will improve
No...u ASSUME he's going to improve....noone knows that for sure...which is why i've said all along that we need to draft a qb early (1st - 3rd round) regardless of what keenum does...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #43
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 74447 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
No...u ASSUME he's going to improve....noone knows that for sure...which is why i've said all along that we need to draft a qb early (1st - 3rd round) regardless of what keenum does...
lol ill bite. i may assume he will improve but its FACT schaub sucks, so whats the point in playing him?
Old 11-17-2013   #44
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 282262 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking we should be talking about the miserable O-line play and coaching before we start nagging on the QBs.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #45
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
just admit the fact that you were wrong on keenum.
Lol, so u couldn't refute anything in my post so u resort to trying to call me out about being "wrong" about him..whatever...
Old 11-17-2013   #46
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
lol ill bite. i may assume he will improve but its FACT schaub sucks, so whats the point in playing him?
The rams have been waiting for years for sam bradford to show improvement over the potential he showed in his rookie year. Ditto for Cam Newton and the panthers and Jay Cutler for the bears. All these guys were winners in college & put up great stats..its simply not written in stone that he'll improve beyond what he is now. Hell, if you go by trend, he's actually regressing; 2nd straight game where he hasnt played well.

& I never said we should've played schaub...only that we need to be looking at qb in the upcoming draft regardless of what keenum does. Keenum should not just be given the job next year and we shouldn't operate under the assumption that keenum is certain to improve next year either.

Especially since its likely we'll have a different HC who'll almost assuredly be running a different offense. Draft someone with a real shot to start and open it up for competition. If keenum wins fine...
Old 11-17-2013   #47
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can somebody please explain to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Yeah, pft. Case has done a good job improving,but his blitz recog has been bad and that's why dcs keep doing it. Most of it is inexperience. I would've let him stay in and figure it out,but we know gary is gutless right now. I've said we need a qb but case deserves the right. To compete for the spot next yr imo.
That's the problem right there. Kubes doesn't have the luxury of playing for next year (like Keenum does). While we all want Keenum to stay in there, win or lose, so he can learn the game while we assess what we got in him... Kubiak doesn't have that luxury. He needs to win NOW to save his ass.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #48
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can somebody please explain to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
That's the problem right there. Kubes doesn't have the luxury of playing for next year (like Keenum does). While we all want Keenum to stay in there, win or lose, so he can learn the game while we assess what we got in him... Kubiak doesn't have that luxury. He needs to win NOW to save his ass.
this is why kubiak should be fired immediately.

texans really need to see what they have in keenum, and gary is impeding that.

there is nothing gary can do to save his job. he will only continue to hurt the franchise with these foolish, short sighted decisions.. ironically the kind of decisions that got us in this pickle to begin with.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #49
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3384 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I don't remember a QB being judged so harshly in his 4th start.

If we drafted this kid in April and he was playing like he has, we would be VERY satisfied. But because we didn't invest a draft pick on him, we want to make a final judgement 4 games in?

There is a weird psychology going around with Keenum. Even those that don't think he is the next QB are strangely passionate and arrogant about it, as if it is less about football and more about being a troll for those rooting for him.

He's 4 games in!!

We can't draft until June so there is no need to make that decision this week. Play Keenum and make a decision in the off-season.

Personally, I believe in Keenum, I want to see what he has to offer. But I am worried that he will get shell-shocked with this amazing lack of time and always play with happy feet ala Carr.
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #50
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaughan View Post
Honestly, I don't remember a QB being judged so harshly in his 4th start.

If we drafted this kid in April and he was playing like he has, we would be VERY satisfied. But because we didn't invest a draft pick on him, we want to make a final judgement 4 games in?

There is a weird psychology going around with Keenum. Even those that don't think he is the next QB are strangely passionate and arrogant about it, as if it is less about football and more about being a troll for those rooting for him.

He's 4 games in!!

We can't draft until June so there is no need to make that decision this week. Play Keenum and make a decision in the off-season.

Personally, I believe in Keenum, I want to see what he has to offer. But I am worried that he will get shell-shocked with this amazing lack of time and always play with happy feet ala Carr.
This. I think the Chronicle had a comparison of the first 3 starts of Keenum and a bunch of other players. Keenum compared well against Manning, Luck etc.

That doesn't mean that Keenum is the second coming, but it does mean that we need to continue to evaluate before we start drafting someone else.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read