Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2013   #41
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: so who starts next week at QB?

I think Dennison will start Keenum.
Old 11-17-2013   #42
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90799 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Old 11-17-2013   #43
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202278 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think you're right. Kubiak will develop turf toe after coming down from the observation perch and onto the turf this week during practices.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #44
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Kubiak is trying to save his job, and the only remote possible chance of doing that is if he starts winning games and miraculously makes playoffs, and advances to the AFC championship game at least.

!
Can you share what you're drinking?
Old 11-17-2013   #45
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

The real question is who will be the coach?
Old 11-17-2013   #46
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2050 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

If you look at how pained Kubiak looks in this clip - in which he's asked to explain pulling Keenum -I think he needs some time away from the pressure-cooker:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id...l&section=null
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #47
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3384 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Kubiak is trying to save his job, and the only remote possible chance of doing that is if he starts winning games and miraculously makes playoffs, and advances to the AFC championship game at least.

So I don't blame him one bit for making a decision that will help him win NOW
I actually see it the opposite way. I think the only chance Kubiak had at keeping his job was if Keenum was seen as the next QB and that he could flourish under this system and Kubiak's tutelage.

When Kuibiak put Schaub in, it was as good as a signed resignation. Kubiak's not coming back. There is no longer an argument for his return.
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #48
bigmck
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
My vote is on Schaub.

He's going to say Schaub didn't do anything to lose the starting spot against Oakland.
This is what we will hear. Schaub should have never played today. I think Kubiak felt pressured to play Keenum and now at the first sign of trouble, he uses it as an excuse to put Schaub back in.
bigmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #49
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolar's Ghost View Post
If you look at how pained Kubiak looks in this clip - in which he's asked to explain pulling Keenum -I think he needs some time away from the pressure-cooker:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id...l&section=null
kubiak looks disconnected as usual.

i can't believe he's back. why won't he just go away.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #50
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

If they start Schaub, I will probably not go to the game. I have had season tix and have never left early. When Schaub came in the game was the first time I ever contemplated leaving.

I will support a losing team regardless. I won't support a coach who deliberately puts his team in positions to lose.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #51
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Schaub starts next week , I will become Austin's Texan Bill and you can find me at the Gentlemen's club!
Old 11-17-2013   #52
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Who starts at QB next week?

Honestly? I don't care.
Old 11-17-2013   #53
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3384 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
If they start Schaub, I will probably not go to the game. I have had season tix and have never left early. When Schaub came in the game was the first time I ever contemplated leaving.

I will support a losing team regardless. I won't support a coach who deliberately puts his team in positions to lose.
PSL owner since the year one. If Schaub starts it will be the first game I missed since 2009 and the first game ever I CHOSE to miss.

Just can't put myself through that emotional grinder. Not worth it.
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #54
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 119762 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

VY

DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #55
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum should get the start, but I think he goes with Schaub.

It smells like a job saving hail mary, but I think he has a better job keeping it by playing Keenum and using his development as an argument to stay.
Old 11-17-2013   #56
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously, does it really matter who the hell starts at QB next week? Will it freaking matter who the hell starts at QB next week? When will it matter who the hell starts at QB any freaking week when you have the same dip**** calling the plays? It really is a damn Dennys menu, becuase there's no damn way there's any NFL caliber plays on it. The handful of plays that they draw up with numb nuts at the wheel aren't qualified for PeeWee football. What a damn joke.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #57
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Does it really matter anymore who starts at QB?

This year is already down the tubes.
Old 11-17-2013   #58
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
.................................................avg. per pass/TDs/INTs/sacks/Rating
Code:
C. Keenum    13/24    170    7.1    1    1    2-21    73.3
M. Schaub    12/25    155    6.2    0    0    0-0    67.9
Yeah but Matt's incompletions were Andre Johnson's fault. Try to keep up and stop with the objective analysis.
Old 11-17-2013   #59
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Yeah but Matt's incompletions were Andre Johnson's fault. Try to keep up and stop with the objective analysis.
Schaub was running the wildcat and it turned into the pole cat .
Old 11-17-2013   #60
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post

Uh ya, it kind of does. Texans desperately need to see what they have with keenum. Starting schaub impedes that.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read