Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2013   #121
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Here's a picture of where AJ was at .

http://www.texansbullpen.com/13photo...r/DSC_1843.JPG
too bad the pic before didnt show left more....im convinced dre ran a curl....if it was zoomed out some youd prolly see him just squating down
Old 11-17-2013   #122
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's Nitro when you need him .... Need someone to read Schaub's lips and tell us what he said in response to #80.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #123
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre ... thanks for everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
the coaching staff cannot adjust to the blitz.

all out blitz coming???

empty the backfield and call for a long developing pass.
Sorry but failure to see the blitz coming is all on Case. Just like we fans see the jailbreak blitz coming Case damn sure should. Yet he fails time and again to check to the hot route and make them pay. He did it once against K.C. and has not since.

You want to know why Case got benched? That's it. I would bet a paycheck they go over how to recognize the blitzes - and what to do about it - in post-game film breakdown every Monday and come gametime Case still doesn't get it. To Kubiak, that's equivalent to a RB fumbling. Both mistakes will get you benched.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #124
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Where's Nitro when you need him .... Need someone to read Schaub's lips and tell us what he said in response to #80.
Matt said: Oh, I'm sorry Andre but I've really sucked this year... really going back to last year... and I don't know why I was even in the game.

And then he made this face:
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #125
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Johnson down plays spat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Also, he should consider not quitting on his routes when the game is on the line... He did it twice in the red zone in the 4th quarter... Not to mention letting a TD get defended away because he tried to body catch it instead of grabbing it with his hands as he has been taught for the past 20 years of his football life.
Are you serious?

I'm at a loss for words when reading some people's posts.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 11-17-2013 at 08:46 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #126
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

nfl.com has an article that says dre yelled at schaub earlier in the game when schaub missed him deep down field.....the 4th and goal just boiled the feud more
Old 11-17-2013   #127
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
So you are one of the 14 people who get CSN Houston?
I am and I follow the Rockets too
Old 11-17-2013   #128
amazing80
Site Contributor

lot of misinformation out there...lets clear dre right now

(on what happened on the last play of the game) I messed up Ill just put it like that. I messed up.

not an admittance of stopping on the route

(on the last play did Matt Schaub tell you that you messed up) No, I mean there was just words exchanged. You could see the frustration on his face, and the frustration on my face. Like I said Im not worried about that. I think you all are making a big deal about it. We talked about it its over. I have no problems with Matt weve played a lot of football together. We have a good relationship.

(on if its important to admit you messed up) I mean its part of it. I didnt do my part. I couldve made a play that would have had a different outcome.

no where in those words say dre stopped or ran the wrong route...its him saying matt sucks and you can blame me, i dont give a damn
Old 11-17-2013   #129
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

What I saw in the AJ play is a throw into triple coverage in which one defender stepped in front of AJs route. I don't see what AJ could have done differently, except maybe get absolutely smashed and still not catch the ball.
Old 11-17-2013   #130
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Oh it's AJs fault Schaub failed on 4th and 7. You can't rag on a guy who has given everything he has to this team .
No, but it is his fault for not running the route, which, if you ask him, I'm sure he would admit should have happened.
Old 11-17-2013   #131
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
No, but it is his fault for not running the route, which, if you ask him, I'm sure he would admit should have happened.
wheres your proof dre didnt run the route
Old 11-17-2013   #132
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
What I saw in the AJ play is a throw into triple coverage in which one defender stepped in front of AJs route. I don't see what AJ could have done differently, except maybe get absolutely smashed and still not catch the ball.
Yeah, that's what I saw too. Even if Dre ran the right route, he's still triple covered and the ball was thrown directly to a defender.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #133
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Yeah, that's what I saw too. Even if Dre ran the right route, he's still triple covered and the ball was thrown directly to a defender.
Ya, and I don't even think he ran the wrong route. I think he just quit running when he saw the defender in the air about to catch the ball. There was really nothing he could have done from what I saw.

But, you know, some people see what they want to see.
Old 11-17-2013   #134
Steal Your Face
Rookie

Section: 119
Rep Power: 858 Steal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
so what does that tell you?

btw,

its the coaching staf particularly kubiak that needs to handle the blitz better.

You have to call plays that beat the blitz, not help.
Did you even watch the game? About 1/3 of the plays were bubble screens, WR screens, HB screens or TE screens
Steal Your Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #135
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Are you serious?

I'm at a loss for words when reading some people's posts.
AJ is a great player and a special athlete. What I can't understand is why people are so quick to blame everything on a lesser talent (Schaub, for instance), who has a great work ethic, attitude, and sacrifices for the team as well... even things that aren't within his control. Yet, when one of the most gifted humans on the earth fails to run his route on a game deciding play or fails to complete a catch for a TD earlier in the game because of poor technique, nobody wants to hold him accountable for it.

I know AJ is a better player than Matt Schaub and, if there was a way to chart it, AJ would be more responsible for more wins/successes than Schaub...

But, the energized hate and blame the fan base continues to focus on Schaub is outrageous and bizarre. Schaub has been a winner for the organization and has played a lot of good football. He has continued to perform to the best of his abilities but his play has slipped since his injury. His poor play contributed to a disappointing 2-4 start this season... Since he was benched, the Texans have continued to lose (0-4). Still, when he enters the game because Keenum is unable to handle some of the pressure packages in the second half, the crowd booed with so loud and so long that the offense had to go to a silent snap at home... Meanwhile, the same crowd caused no problems for the opposing, rookie QB.

The Texans are not 2-8 because of Matt Schaub. The defense has been brutal in the red zone and inconsistent throughout the year. The special teams has been an unmitigated disaster, and the offensive line has been terrible. None of that is Schaub's fault, nor should he be blamed for going into the game when the coach tells him to.
Old 11-17-2013   #136
amazing80
Site Contributor

the defense of schaub and gary on this board is insane....half of you are just brain dead......i need to go to sleep before i get hot headed and in trouble. good night gentlemen/ladies.
Old 11-17-2013   #137
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
You post really bad comments. Andre has already publicly stated he is just "playing out his contract". Think he wants to be here? Think his agent wont try to get him out? Wake up ...
Andre's response meant the question is irrelevant. He has four years left.

Watt has played in four playoff games in his 2.5 years in Houston. To claim he wants a trade is just you throwing a fit.

Your threads reflect some of the worst behavior of sports fandom. You advocate throwing ice at players and applauding their injuries, and you refer to a player's family in your rants. You don't know how to draw the line between your personal pride and entertainment. And here we have another thread produced by the same childish venting absent of any logical premise. People with football insight and supported arguments come here for interesting discussion, not to deal with unsupervised kids.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #138
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
wheres your proof dre didnt run the route
What route do you think he was running? Where is the "post and slow to a 50% trot" on the route tree?... By the way, it was man coverage. He was not hunting for a hole in the zone. Check the video. He did it on the earlier red zone drive also- on the same route.

How many times did Michael Irvin run a post into tight coverage but commit to getting across the corner back? Hundreds of times! Both times, if AJ ran the route with conviction, he would have had an opportunity to make the play (though neither appeared to be great throws)... Still, he needs to be where he is supposed to be. How many games have we won because AJ made a great, physical play in traffic? This could have been another one, maybe... but, he robbed himself of the opportunity.
Old 11-17-2013   #139
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The line. The backs. The receivers. The defense. Now an All Pro and future HOFer Andre Johnson. It's always someone else's fault for you, dale.
Old 11-17-2013   #140
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
What route do you think he was running? Where is the "post and slow to a 50% trot" on the route tree?... By the way, it was man coverage. He was not hunting for a hole in the zone. Check the video. He did it on the earlier red zone drive also- on the same route.

How many times did Michael Irvin run a post into tight coverage but commit to getting across the corner back? Hundreds of times! Both times, if AJ ran the route with conviction, he would have had an opportunity to make the play (though neither appeared to be great throws)... Still, he needs to be where he is supposed to be. How many games have we won because AJ made a great, physical play in traffic? This could have been another one, maybe... but, he robbed himself of the opportunity.
dre looks like he ran a curl and when he turned matt was throwing the ball so dre tried to get there but couldnt.....dre is an all pro hof player who wants a super bowl, to suggest he stopped running is asinine and stupid. its much more logical to think matt threw a bad pass, especially since hes known for it AND his reps have been significantly reduced during the week....but hey blame our all pro wide out on giving up if it makes you feel better mr schaub

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read