Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2013   #121
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Calling out players appears to be missing the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
At least he wasn't hurdled.
Probably would've been better if he got hurdled like reed...that might've slowed him down more than swearinger's attempt to make that hit.
Old 11-17-2013   #122
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm genuinely surprised we haven't heard the announcement yet. I can understand some apprehension because of the stroke, but dragging it out is only going to make it worse.
Old 11-17-2013   #123
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Damn, didn't know there was a Geary guy running things. Gary Kubiak needs to be told immediately.
haha i almost said the same thing....funny
Old 11-17-2013   #124
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

I don't know who Geary is, but I'll take him sight unseen over Gary.
Old 11-17-2013   #125
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
They either need to draft Jake Matthews, or get a pass rusher next to Watt. The draft is deep with QBs. Or possibly trade down for more picks.
No way you're going to bring a new regime in here & not take a QB. It's the most important position on the field & we don't have one. If Gary stays, Case has a future here. If they can land Sumlin (which I doubt, Sumlin is going to play out his contract) maybe. Other than that... we're drafting a 1st rounder.
Old 11-17-2013   #126
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Take this for what it's worth - I have a couple contacts with inside Texans info, was just told by one that the mood at Reliant this afternoon and evening was different that normal after recent losses. Apparently Bob McNair was visibly upset with someone or something, he and Cal and Rick Smith were meeting alone. I've been told that Bob is very high on Keenum, he likes Case and likes the spark he provides and also the way fans follow him. I was told not to be surprised with a firing tomorrow but again my source stressed that was just the thoughts of those at the offices this evening based on the unusual meetings and mood around Kirby. Again this is just what those working this evening felt in the offices...
Old 11-17-2013   #127
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Take this for what it's worth - I have a couple contacts with inside Texans info, was just told by one that the mood at Reliant this afternoon and evening was different that normal after recent losses. Apparently Bob McNair was visibly upset with someone or something, he and Cal and Rick Smith were meeting alone. I've been told that Bob is very high on Keenum, he likes Case and likes the spark he provides and also the way fans follow him. I was told not to be surprised with a firing tomorrow but again my source stressed that was just the thoughts of those at the offices this evening based on the unusual meetings and mood around Kirby. Again this is just what those working this evening felt in the offices...
Don't go getting folks hopes up around here now.
Old 11-17-2013   #128
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
you get a qb and risk youre defense sucking again

for all cases faukts, he is good enough to win with especially while we fix the rest of our team.

we need a new starter at

lg, rt, nt, olb, ilb, olb, cb, s

good luck filling those and drafting a qb high
There is so much wrong with this post I don't know where to begin.
Old 11-17-2013   #129
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 55244 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
There is so much wrong with this post I don't know where to begin.
yea, elaborate. i have all night
Old 11-17-2013   #130
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Don't go getting folks hopes up around here now.
Someone will be fired...maybe Marciano? And the proverbial Kube's reprieve because of his midget stroke?
Old 11-17-2013   #131
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
Someone will be fired...maybe Marciano? And the proverbial Kube's reprieve because of his midget stroke?
Not going to make fun of a person having a mini-stroke. It could have been serious and I'm glad he's ok.

Now I want him unemployed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2013   #132
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-17-2013   #133
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Lmao! Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2013   #134
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

LOL we should start a collection for a billboard..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
Old 11-17-2013   #135
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
LOL we should start a collection for a billboard..
lol do like shaggybevo did and have a banner fly around the stadium

Old 11-17-2013   #136
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the next coach gets Andy Reid-like results. He's rolling with A. Smith
Old 11-18-2013   #137
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
lol do like shaggybevo did and have a banner fly around the stadium

haha, bob will just close the roof.

*insert head into sand*
Old 11-18-2013   #138
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
I hope the next coach gets Andy Reid-like results. He's rolling with A. Smith
chiefs are such frauds.

they will be exposed come playoff time.
Old 11-18-2013   #139
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88720 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
chiefs are such frauds.

they will be exposed come playoff time.
I agree that they are frauds this year. They haven't beat anybody and were beat soundly tonight, IMO.

That said.....the Chiefs are a QB away from being a SB contender. Reid walked into a fantastic situation there. They have a great defense, a great running game, and a good O-Line.

Reid did a great job upgrading the QB position in the offseason (Brady Quinn/Matt Cassell to Alex Smith) but that took them from struggling team to good team. They won't take the next step until they get better at QB.

Sound familiar?

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-18-2013   #140
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coaching candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
People said the same thing about Jeff fisher.
Fisher had 5 years pro experience as a player also and starred at USC. I'm not saying he (Baby Shanny) can't be a good hc but I don't think the situation in Houston is right for a really young first time head coach. The Texans need some serious leadership, direction, and discipline. And do you really want to sign up for Kubiak offense part deaux?

Last edited by bckey; 11-18-2013 at 04:36 AM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read