Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2013   #41
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
if i'm not mistaken Tates anger stemmed from the fact that on the last drive the offense had to go to a silent snap count due to the fans just pissed off and going ape****. then the media wants to shove a mic in his face right after the game and expect him to be happy go lucky and walk the company line? I respect him for speaking his mind and not patronizing and smiling in everyones face after an emotional loss.
haha, um the fans that were there were cheering on the texans.

this team... they are easy to root against because they are so unlikable (not all, but most)
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #42
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
It is common for players on crappy teams to complain about the fans lashing out at the teams' poor play. I am sure it becomes an "us against them" for players without the mental wherewithal to understand the relationship that exists.
Its almost like any job, if you perform crappy your boss is going to not approve and eventually replace you. I wish i was one of Mcnairs employees it would be really hard to get fired.... Show up late, perform half ass, make un logical choices.
Old 11-17-2013   #43
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

meh.....so I'm wishy washy. I'm happy when we win and pissed when we lose. So what?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Whoa slow down. I've always thought that interviewing these guys after tough losses is a bad idea. What bothers you the most, that its true?
The truth would have been, "We just lost our 8th game in a row, how do you expect them to react? I'm just happy they haven't given up on us. Still coming to the games, supporting us... we wouldn't be able to do what we do if it weren't for the fans."
Old 11-17-2013   #45
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Yet another player to call out Houston's ridiculously fair weather fans. Add Foster and Watt (amongst others) and pretty soon no one will want to play here. Rightfully so.
Maybe but what is the upside for the player here? Sport psychology 101, control what you can control and don't let the rest affect you. The fans boo you, so what? The fans are fair weather, so what? Its just noise, when you start making comments about it in the media it makes it look like it has an impact on you mentally which is just lame. It should be the last thing on their minds.
Old 11-17-2013   #46
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Maybe but what is the upside for the player here? Sport psychology 101, control what you can control and don't let the rest affect you. The fans boo you, so what? The fans are fair weather, so what? Its just noise, when you start making comments about it in the media it makes it look like it has an impact on you mentally which is just lame. It should be the last thing on their minds.
His, and others, reactions are because of the acuteness of the affliction. A point where they're unfortunately correct.
Old 11-17-2013   #47
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The truth would have been, "We just lost our 8th game in a row, how do you expect them to react? I'm just happy they haven't given up on us. Still coming to the games, supporting us... we wouldn't be able to do what we do if it weren't for the fans."
so you appreciate a player who toes the company line, and tells you what you want to hear even if it isnt a sincere feeling? Got it.
Old 11-17-2013   #48
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
His, and others, reactions are because of the acuteness of the affliction. A point where they're unfortunately correct.
I suppose I will just have to take your word on it then.
Old 11-17-2013   #49
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Why? He's 100% correct.
He is not 100% right. Texans fans have been patient and waited years for this team to get their act together. Instead of coming together and becoming a stronger team they're the ones who are wishy-washy. That article on the Onion's website where they made fun of the Texans saying that they'd like to win one for Kubiak but just weren't capable of doing it wasn't really a parody. It wasn't fiction. It was fact.

There are a handful of Texans players who are self-motivating and who draw their strength and focus from within. I think most of us know who they are. The rest are a reflection of what they've been taught by Kubiak, Dennison, Phillips, and Marciano. They're the ones with a problem. Not the fans.

For years people have pointed out how nobody ever really comes to the Houston Texans and keeps getting better. At best a great player comes here and doesn't lose his greatness but most guys come here and just kind of flatline after a yaer or so. They walk in the door full of potential and with a bright future and three years later they're sitting there telling you that they don't know why they can't make plays when the team needs them to but they love Gary.

This team is going nowhere. It is broken and it has been for years. "Bad fans" saw it a long time ago and were told that they just had to give Gary time which is complete bull**** because in the time it's taken Gary to.... "oh wait, that ****er is still rebuilding" ...do whatever in the hell it is he's been doing coaches all over creation have been turning around franchises and making it happen in quick 1-3 year turnarounds. We're obviously on the 9 year plan here in Houston.

**** Ben Tate. That's the wishy-washy son of a ***** we thought was going to take over for Foster someday? I don't think so. Sure, I get that he's got cracked ribs and he's out there running the ball. I say the same thing to him that I said to Pastorini over 30 years ago. If you're too hurt to play then sit the hell down and stop being a liability to your team. If you can go then go and quit talking about your banged up ribs. Take a shot, cash your game check, and shut the **** up.
Old 11-17-2013   #50
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2290 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

selling out reliant for a solid decade despite only giving the fans two first round playoff victories is wishy washy?

smdh. very ignorant and stupid statement by tate.

memo to future athletes, never pick a fight with fans. you will never win that fight. especially your own.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #51
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
He is not 100% right. Texans fans have been patient and waited years for this team to get their act together. Instead of coming together and becoming a stronger team they're the ones who are wishy-washy. That article on the Onion's website where they made fun of the Texans saying that they'd like to win one for Kubiak but just weren't capable of doing it wasn't really a parody. It wasn't fiction. It was fact.

There are a handful of Texans players who are self-motivating and who draw their strength and focus from within. I think most of us know who they are. The rest are a reflection of what they've been taught by Kubiak, Dennison, Phillips, and Marciano. They're the ones with a problem. Not the fans.

For years people have pointed out how nobody ever really comes to the Houston Texans and keeps getting better. At best a great player comes here and doesn't lose his greatness but most guys come here and just kind of flatline after a yaer or so. They walk in the door full of potential and with a bright future and three years later they're sitting there telling you that they don't know why they can't make plays when the team needs them to but they love Gary.

This team is going nowhere. It is broken and it has been for years. "Bad fans" saw it a long time ago and were told that they just had to give Gary time which is complete bull**** because in the time it's taken Gary to.... "oh wait, that ****er is still rebuilding" ...do whatever in the hell it is he's been doing coaches all over creation have been turning around franchises and making it happen in quick 1-3 year turnarounds. We're obviously on the 9 year plan here in Houston.

**** Ben Tate. That's the wishy-washy son of a ***** we thought was going to take over for Foster someday? I don't think so. Sure, I get that he's got cracked ribs and he's out there running the ball. I say the same thing to him that I said to Pastorini over 30 years ago. If you're too hurt to play then sit the hell down and stop being a liability to your team. If you can go then go and quit talking about your banged up ribs. Take a shot, cash your game check, and shut the **** up.

Someone buy this man a beer!!!
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #52
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2290 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:

you are one of my favorite texan talk posters. great post.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #53
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ben Tate @ BenTateRB

See me n say that RT @Jeremy_Garza18 :
@BenTateRB F*ck outta my city f*ck boy
with your wishy washy fumbling ass.

Lol!!! People are already giving the tater tot hell on Twitter.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #54
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67068 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hate it when I have a bad "team" day too.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #55
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 348 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Ben, it's 3rd and 1, why don't you fall down on the line of scrimmage.
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
so you appreciate a player who toes the company line, and tells you what you want to hear even if it isnt a sincere feeling? Got it.
Company line?

When they asked the coach if Jj was upset, he said, "Of course he's upset. He doesn't like to lose."

When they asked if Schaub was upset about being benched, "Of course he's upset, he's a competitor."

When they asked Jj Watt if he was upset, he said, "I don't like to lose. Fans don't want to hear words, they want to see results."

The company line would have been, "Everything is fine in Wonderland. We've got a strong locker room, no one in this locker room is panicking."

If they asked Ben Tate how he feels about the loss, I'd have expected him to say, "I hate it... I'm upset." If they follow up with what he thinks about the fans being upset, I expect him to tell the truth, not tote any company line, "They have every reason to be upset, I'm upset too."
Old 11-17-2013   #57
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

He sounds like a guy with 9 toes out the door - Bye. We don't need you here. I could play your position and we would end up with a loss and it wouldn't cost the Texans as much.
Old 11-17-2013   #58
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

If they could win some games no one would have any reason to boo, but when you coach puts the person back in the game who many fans view as the single biggest reason your team has been losing of course people are going to be pissed off.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #59
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
We are. We're a fickle, worthless, undeserving, somehow-spoiled, garbage, unintelligent fanbase.
When has a houston pro football team been to a super bowl?
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #60
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
We are. We're a fickle, worthless, undeserving, somehow-spoiled, garbage, unintelligent fanbase.
we're spoiled?

texans are 2-8

astros - 3 years in a row as worst team in mlb.

please, please explain to me how we are spoiled.

undeserving?

houston has made the texans a top 5 profitable team in the nfl. not one game has been blacked out bc of attendance.

get a clue.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read