Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2013   #21
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

boo-hoo a guy who gets paid a ton of money complaining when the hard-working people of houston spend money on overpriced seats, parking, food/drinks, and merchandise to see a quality product the field.

don't cry to me about his broken ribs either. i'd play with broken ribs if i got paid as much as him.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #22
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
so 4 cracked ribs gives him the right to say some dumb a** crap?

get. real.
wait, what?

no you're twisiting my comment. 4 broken ribs should let you know dude is tough as nails and is giving it all he has out there. If the fans would have a shred of football IQ instead of blind rage then they shut the hell up when the home team has the ball late in a game. going to a silent snap because your fans are either uneducated or just too mad to give a damn is the real dumb crap.
Old 11-17-2013   #23
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Someone get this bum on a train back to auburn. Slow and fat. With his little choppy steps trying to juke people. He will never be as good as Arian. Arian would have took that last past to the end zone. He hates Houston. You can tell by his comments on his Twitter account in the past.
He is playing with three broken ribs... I hate fans that think they are entitled to be ignorant, judgmental, and oblivious to truth.
Old 11-17-2013   #24
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
BULLSHYTE!!!!!!

As a member of Blue Crew and a member of the BULL PEN, we're loud, we cheer, we're quiet when need be.

Maybe Ben Tate and the rest of the Texans team need to check themselves!
Y'all have invested a bunch of time and money through the years , so seeing this train wreck can't be pleasant . Tates from the SEC , he knows what fanatics are .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #25
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
boo-hoo a guy who gets paid a ton of money complaining when the hard-working people of houston spend money on overpriced seats, parking, food/drinks, and merchandise to see a quality product the field.

don't cry to me about his broken ribs either. i'd play with broken ribs if i got paid as much as him.
what does that have to do with anything? you're just fueling that houston sportsfan stereotype. nobody is forcing you to spend all that money at a football game, if you cant afford it then dont go and then complain later. football games arent for everyone and i know what to expect when i go there. give me a break about all these fans who boo hoo about pricing and that somehow the players are the ones that are responsible.
Old 11-17-2013   #26
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
what does that have to do with anything? you're just fueling that houston sportsfan stereotype. nobody is forcing you to spend all that money at a football game, if you cant afford it then dont go and then complain later. football games arent for everyone and i know what to expect when i go there. give me a break about all these fans who boo hoo about pricing and that somehow the players are the ones that are responsible.
and nobody is forcing him to play.

THEY SUCK. and when you suck the fans are not going to be happy.

crying about the fans when the team on the field sucks is bitchmade.
Old 11-17-2013   #27
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
wait, what?

no you're twisiting my comment. 4 broken ribs should let you know dude is tough as nails and is giving it all he has out there. If the fans would have a shred of football IQ instead of blind rage then they shut the hell up when the home team has the ball late in a game. going to a silent snap because your fans are either uneducated or just too mad to give a damn is the real dumb crap.
late in the game? schaub entered the game with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd.

we can agree that publicly calling fans out (especially at 2-8) is never a good idea. especially for an injury prone, fringe rb.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #28
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Then do it! Easy to say it... If you are a superior man,why don't you go prove it and get rich while you are at it.

Fan jealousy defies logic. He has earned his money. Entitlement did not get him a job in the NFL... God-given talent, commitment, and physical sacrifice did... If you think you only lack the talent, that is an issue to take up with God... It has nothing to do with Ben Tate!
Old 11-17-2013   #29
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Then do it! Easy to say it... If you are a superior man,why don't you go prove it and get rich while you are at it.
give me a uniform and i will.

i might get -4 ypc and 3-4 fumbles a game but i'd still be playing
Old 11-17-2013   #30
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
late in the game? schaub entered the game with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd.

we can agree that publicly calling fans out (especially at 2-8) is never a good idea. especially for an injury prone, fringe rb.
if i'm not mistaken Tates anger stemmed from the fact that on the last drive the offense had to go to a silent snap count due to the fans just pissed off and going ape****. then the media wants to shove a mic in his face right after the game and expect him to be happy go lucky and walk the company line? I respect him for speaking his mind and not patronizing and smiling in everyones face after an emotional loss.
Old 11-17-2013   #31
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
and nobody is forcing him to play.

THEY SUCK. and when you suck the fans are not going to be happy.

crying about the fans when the team on the field sucks is bitchmade.
Again, what does that mean "nobody is forcing him to play" ?? You're only reinforcing my argument.

Ok, I agree fans arent happy when you lose, this isnt new light here.

Crying and stating the facts are separate things, the game went down to the very last play, do you feel its high football IQ by the fans to not allow the home offensive team the advantage by being quiet and allowing their guys to get all the calls they need and go balls out ignorant when the opponent is in that situation. Whats so hard to understand in that scenario?
Old 11-17-2013   #32
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
give me a uniform and i will.

i might get -4 ypc and 3-4 fumbles a game but i'd still be playing
See- "give me..." No. It doesn't work like that. Go earn it like Ben Tate has done!
Old 11-17-2013   #33
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81109 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

team's on a 8 game losing streak and was a possible SB contender pre-season. They supposed to just relax and STFU? Serious?

and i'm not a texan fan...

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #34
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Quote:
Again, what does that mean "nobody is forcing him to play" ?? You're only reinforcing my argument.

Ok, I agree fans arent happy when you lose, this isnt new light here.

Crying and stating the facts are separate things, the game went down to the very last play, do you feel its high football IQ by the fans to not allow the home offensive team the advantage by being quiet and allowing their guys to get all the calls they need and go balls out ignorant when the opponent is in that situation. Whats so hard to understand in that scenario?
the fans were frustrated with the decision to bench keenum over schaub and that's what caused the booing. the crowd would rather lose with keenum than win with schaub and that's what caused the chaos.

crying about it and attacking the fans is bitchmade.

tate has been here since 2010.

he doesn't know what texans fans have had to put up with.

he should have just shut his mouth and kept it moving. especially for someone that's not going to be here in the future anyways,
Old 11-17-2013   #35
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
See- "give me..." No. It doesn't work like that. Go earn it like Ben Tate has done!
and i've earned my right to speak up as a texans fan!
Old 11-17-2013   #36
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31940 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah...honestly I don't care. I have no issue with fans boo'ing. Every fanbase has it that has a team with some real expectations unlike the Jaguars or something. It's especially the case when you have been over a decade of this type of roller coaster play from your team. More so if you use to be an Oilers fan. So yeah....kind of got to expect it and it happens with every fanbase. Winning solves these issues but obviously we're not doing that. Granted it's even worse because we're losing to piss poor teams. Sad that I wouldn't be shocked if the Jags pulled one out on us.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #37
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Someone get this bum on a train back to auburn. Slow and fat. With his little choppy steps trying to juke people. He will never be as good as Arian. Arian would have took that last past to the end zone. He hates Houston. You can tell by his comments on his Twitter account in the past.
Yet another player to call out Houston's ridiculously fair weather fans. Add Foster and Watt (amongst others) and pretty soon no one will want to play here. Rightfully so.
Old 11-17-2013   #38
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

So hilarious to see fans get ramped up when a player has an opinion. "You can't say that about me!!! I spent money on a ticket!!! *RAGE FACE*" Fans can't act like a-holes just because they paid money to watch a game. I mean, they can, but don't get all butt hurt when a player has something to say about it.

And yes... Houston fans are bitchy and whiny and always have been. Show up late, go home early... it is that way and always will be that way.

I understand the frustration, the team is an absolute joke right now. Gary pulling Keenum should just be another strike against him
Old 11-17-2013   #39
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

As SA said above, this isn't the first time the players have lashed out at the fans. Whenever something goes wrong, they look at the fans, like we have any impact upon what happens on the field.

Contrast that with Andy Reid consistently saying good things about Philly fans (PHILLY!) even when they were booing him. Where do we get guys with that kind of character?
Old 11-17-2013   #40
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

It is common for players on crappy teams to complain about the fans lashing out at the teams' poor play. I am sure it becomes an "us against them" for players without the mental wherewithal to understand the relationship that exists.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read