Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2013   #81
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre ... thanks for everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
You are making a pro-schaub argument.. Great stats but not clutch late and not winning games. Keenum is 0-4 As a starter and has not moved the team in the second half of any of his games.

I like keenum but clearly the offensive problems don't disappear when keenum enters and schaub leaves... We just trade one set of issues for another. Neither player, at this point in their career, is capable of winning consistently if the rest of the team is playing poorly.
Nice, sums things up at qb. New coach will invest top 3 pick in a qb
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #82
Mr.Scarface
Veteran

Rep Power: 4952 Mr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre......has NO CHOICE in the matter. He is under contract. He is a professional and will play. Same for JJ Watt.
Mr.Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #83
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

It amazes me how AJ wont finish a simple route for Schaub but he just runs down the field and makes amazing plays and TD catches for Keenum. Just saying, maybe he was deflated when he saw Schaub back out there.
Old 11-17-2013   #84
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Johnson down plays spat

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99...at-matt-schaub

Quote:
HOUSTON -- Andre Johnson left the field after being pushed away from quarterback Matt Schaub during a sideline spat Sunday, walking into the Houston Texans' locker room to cool off.

Following Houston's 28-23 loss to the Oakland Raiders, the teammates talked about their argument, which stemmed from Schaub's incompletion in the end zone to Johnson on the final play of the game.

"You can see the frustration on his face, frustration on my face," Johnson said. "I'm not worried about that. I think you all are making a big deal about it.

"We talked about it -- it's over with. I mean, me and Matt are fine. I have no problems with Matt. We played a lot of football together. Me and Matt have a good relationship."
Old 11-17-2013   #85
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Johnson down plays spat

This Fromm several years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
“There are times they do things that have me scratching my head,” Johnson said. “I can't lie about that. I mean, really scratching my head.”

“There are times I am sitting around wondering if it is ever going to happen here.

“Do I have to go to another team for it to happen?”

Pretty telling statements!!! Bring in Cowher now before anymore of Johnsons career is wasted or he decides enough is enough. He deserves better than Kubiak.
Old 11-17-2013   #86
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

the end of the article is the most telling....It is obvious he no longer wants to be here

Quote:
"I'm under contract, so, I have to play my contract out," Johnson said. "I can't do anything about that."

Johnson also was asked if he would be willing to go through lean years again.

"I've always said this this is where I wanted to be, so I don't really have anything to say about that," he said. "I still have an ongoing contract."
Old 11-17-2013   #87
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Only other time Dre has lost it was the innegan incident.

Dre apologized then, played it down and moved on.

I still can't get over Schaub thinking he's in any position to question anyone about what they're doing.

Where was all this fire and passion when you were on the sidelines sulking?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #88
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

I still can't get over Schaub thinking he's in any position to question anyone about what they're doing.

Even when Schaub was playing Case was still pasing the sideline screaming things at the team, Schaub looked like the little brat child sitting in the corner crying because he out grew his scooter and his little brother was riding it.
Old 11-17-2013   #89
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

AJ liked catching some Tds with Case .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #90
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
the end of the article is the most telling....It is obvious he no longer wants to be here
That is pretty telling.

Talking about having to finish his contract out.

I think the organization is going to have to make a drastic change otherwise I think Dre will quietly ask for a trade.

Might want to consider WR in the first round too.
Old 11-17-2013   #91
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
It amazes me how AJ wont finish a simple route for Schaub but he just runs down the field and makes amazing plays and TD catches for Keenum. Just saying, maybe he was deflated when he saw Schaub back out there.
Correct. This is why coaches have to think about the big picture. You have to think about what will spark the entire team, and ignore trying to please one person. These players were done with Matt weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #92
Rey
Hall of Fame

Schaub and kubiak are frauds.
Old 11-17-2013   #93
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When did you see him sulking on the sidelines?

Or are you just being "rhetorical"?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #94
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 166 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

"We talked about it -- it's over with. I mean, me and Matt are fine. I have no problems with Matt. We played a lot of football together. Me and Matt have a good relationship."

Note that Dre never calls Matt a friend.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #95
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob ... the best player in Texan's history has had it with this unicorn and lollipops show . He's going to tell the guy who could replace him with this title , to take the 1st bus out . Unless of course he cashes in cause his elbow is screwed up .

Clean house while you are still better than your expansion bunch , who won 4 games .

Round Dan
Old 11-17-2013   #96
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
AJ liked catching some Tds with Case .
He had one in his hands from schaub... An easier play than a few of those keenum TDs. Wide receivers love playing with QBs that can extend plays, etc... I remember when every WR in the NFL wanted to play with Vick. Who cares? AJ will prepare each week and show himself on Sundays. I don't think anyone that matters care about his assessment of the QB play.

There is a lot to be frustrated with when the team is 2-8... If winning is vital to him, I am sure the Texans would agree to restructure his contract in order to create more cap room to bring in more talent on offense.
Old 11-17-2013   #97
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, he should consider not quitting on his routes when the game is on the line... He did it twice in the red zone in the 4th quarter... Not to mention letting a TD get defended away because he tried to body catch it instead of grabbing it with his hands as he has been taught for the past 20 years of his football life.
Old 11-17-2013   #98
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
He had one in his hands from schaub... An easier play than a few of those keenum TDs. Wide receivers love playing with QBs that can extend plays, etc... I remember when every WR in the NFL wanted to play with Vick. Who cares? AJ will prepare each week and show himself on Sundays. I don't think anyone that matters care about his assessment of the QB play.

There is a lot to be frustrated with when the team is 2-8... If winning is vital to him, I am sure the Texans would agree to restructure his contract in order to create more cap room to bring in more talent on offense.
AJ has restructured countless times already.
Old 11-17-2013   #99
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:

I bet he carries some stroke , I bet AJ wishes Matt would go to the open guy when the Raiders are dedicating half the team to him .

Round Dan
Old 11-17-2013   #100
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Also, he should consider not quitting on his routes when the game is on the line... He did it twice in the red zone in the 4th quarter.
It prob became habit that he never gets looked at by Schaub in the endzone, i'm sure he was shocked when the ball did go his way.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read