Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2013   #81
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 166 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Fire him now, not in 5 minutes.
Old 11-17-2013   #82
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I would love Sumlin as head coach, that said how many times have "the sexy college coach" failed in the NFL?

Pete Carroll has made a comeback, but failed miserably in his first attempt, Al Groh? Not so much! I could go on and on, but to say Kubiak has a poor resume is asinine at best.

Come with a different argument and we'll talk, but again to say he has a "poor resume" is asinine and self-serving at best.

That said, I think the Texans need to move forward from both Smith and Kubiak.

As an aside on a related issue, HOU-TEX there seems to be a dumpster
Dude, Kubiak's resume sucks miserably. He has been to the playoffs twice in 8 years. He would have been out of a job 3 years ago if it wasn't for our owner that is terrified of hiring new coaches. The fight to prove that Kubiak isn't some ****ty coordinator that is a HC for all the wrong reasons was lost years ago. Now it's just more of a running joke that is Houston football. It's not even worth getting mad over at this point. It's just comical stuff.

Elway and Young were great QB's before Kubiak ever became involved. Hell, they would have probably been even better KUbiak wasn't involved.
Old 11-17-2013   #83
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

just like schaub, pubiak has lost the locker room and the city of houston.

this team is a mess everywhere.

playcalling
discipline
defense
etc. etc. etc.

keep watt, give him WHATEVER he wants and get rid of everybody and rebuild.
Old 11-17-2013   #84
Naija Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 946 Naija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I frankly do want him fired but the gapping hole at play calling (despite like others being impressed at Rick Dennison's on the side line yelling at them after a bad series) at offensive play calling.

That being said, this team is self destructing due to his lackluster leadership and overall bull crap. If today's game which even with Keenum in was a return to his conservative small yardage passing to TEs/RBs or slot receivers targeting play calling that made many call our offense predictable before Keenum started at KC. If this is the best he can do then we might as well fire Kubiak now unless we are targeting that #1 NFL draft pick again.
Old 11-17-2013   #85
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair better be calling Gruden to take over the offense and Lovie Smith for head coach.
Old 11-17-2013   #86
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
McNair better be calling Gruden to take over the offense and Lovie Smith for head coach.
Something needs to be done but I don't like that answer at all. I don't know what the answer is and I don't envy McNair's position. Whatever he does it's not going to please everyone. I can't wait to see the wailing and gnashing of teeth when/if he does clean house.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Old 11-17-2013   #87
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18240 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont know who is the commentator with Kalu but he just called it. Said everything with Case and Kubiak was smoke and mirrors. Nice to hear the media finally call it.

I wonder if Kubiak called the best plays for Case...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
Old 11-17-2013   #88
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

$5 says Pukeiack is back next week.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-17-2013   #89
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy really is an ass head.
Old 11-17-2013   #90
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

bring it back

Old 11-17-2013   #91
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair Recommended Plan:

Phase I: (this week to end of season)
- Fire Kubiak (Monday) and place Phillips in Interim HC Role
- Release Schaub (I know this costs money, but its a move a leader has to make)
- Undertake a complete evaluation of Rick Smith and all current coaches for the rest of this season (I'd fire them all, but this is a McNair plan)
- Begin review of available pro HC candidates, College HC candidates and pro Coordinators who have had HC experience

Phase II: (after season)
- Hire new GM and HC by Jan 14
- Let them evaluate current personnel and prepare for draft and FA
- Throw a bone to the fans and lower ticket prices by 5-10%

Mr. McNair we have to make some radical changes (see KC Chiefs) to get this turned around. GK and RS are nice guys, but you know what they say about nice guys. We need to change this team's attitude and atmosphere or we'll continue to be mediocre.

A lifelong Houston Pro-Football fan.

Texan, back in Texas!
Old 11-17-2013   #92
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rumblings are coming out that Kubiak didn't decide to start Keenum against Indy. It was a front office decision. And he was told he would be fired if Oakland won.
Old 11-17-2013   #93
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131191 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Rumblings are coming out that Kubiak didn't decide to start Keenum against Indy. It was a front office decision. And he was told he would be fired if Oakland won.
Source...?
Old 11-17-2013   #94
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If this is accurate, I think it's the humane thing to do for the team and GK. Time to move on for all of us.

Texan, back in Texas!
Old 11-17-2013   #95
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
God, I hope this is true! Kubiak being gone tonight would be awesome...
Old 11-17-2013   #96
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll believe it when I see it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-17-2013   #97
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'll believe it when I see it.
+2

i'll throw a party once i see the breaking news ticker on espn
Old 11-17-2013   #98
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Source...?
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.p...&postcount=969

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.p...postcount=1003

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.p...postcount=1018
Old 11-17-2013   #99
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

So one fan saying so makes it true? Is that you?
Brain Cushing
Old 11-17-2013   #100
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18240 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
So one fan saying so makes it true?
A Tmac fan on top if that...
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read