Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2013   #161
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2050 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oh boy.. Kubiak says Schaub working hard to get back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
...Was Kenny Hand ever on the show a guest spot or fill in for one of them? I think he was a writer at one of the local papers, too, iirc...
You're right - Kenny wrote for years, for The Post. He covered the Astros for many years, then became a columnist.

After the Post was bought out he was on radio for a while (I'm thinking KPRC or KSEV). Good guy. I think he's still a regular on the Extra Points show on Channel 13 early Saturday night...
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #162
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Look, if the texans don't give a ****, neither do I.
^^^^
This
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #163
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^
This
People will tailgate until halftime .
Old 11-16-2013   #164
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope that Kubiak does bring Schaub back. That would pretty much seal his fate with this organization, so I"m all for it. Kubiak would probably never become a head coach of any other organization again, and Sumlin will probably leave the Aggies in a few years. It would set Kubiak up perfectly to take the HC job at Texas A&M for years. I'd love to see that happen.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #165
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2050 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubiak was simply trying to light a fire under Keenum -- not that one needed to be lit.

It was a bit unsettling for Kubiak to say Keenum has done some good things but "made a lot of mistakes." He never talked about Schaub that way, not even when Schaub was at his worst this season.

But I think all of this will be a moot point in a few weeks. Unless the Texans reel off some wins, I think Kubiak will be gone. It'll be positioned that it's his decision, and that he needs some time away from the game.
Old 11-16-2013   #166
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolar's Ghost View Post
I think Kubiak was simply trying to light a fire under Keenum -- not that one needed to be lit.

It was a bit unsettling for Kubiak to say Keenum has done some good things but "made a lot of mistakes." He never talked about Schaub that way, not even when Schaub was at his worst this season.

But I think all of this will be a moot point in a few weeks. Unless the Texans reel off some wins, I think Kubiak will be gone. It'll be positioned that it's his decision, and that he needs some time away from the game.
Na Kubiak will still be here especially if he can make this offense click on all cylinders like he did the first half of the indy game thats without Foster and O.D, but i do see some changes coming, in what form i do not know.
Old 11-16-2013   #167
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Na Kubiak will still be here especially if he can make this offense click on all cylinders like he did the first half of the indy game thats without Foster and O.D, but i do see some changes coming, in what form i do not know.
I disagree. I think he is a goner. Enough is enough even for the extremely patient McNair. No more excuses.
Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #168
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I disagree. I think he is a goner. Enough is enough even for the extremely patient McNair. No more excuses.
Enough is enough for us as fans, but Mcnair will look back at this season and see all of Schaubs unfortunate mistakes that cost us, he will see we lost Foster, O.D, Manning, Cushing and then he will see Kubiaks health issue he had and give him one more season. Which will be the final year of his deal anyways.
Old 11-16-2013   #169
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I disagree. I think he is a goner...
Well, to borrow from the old Miller Lite commercials....I feel strongly both ways.

I have to separate my personal fondness for him from the fact that the team was bumblin' and stumblin' when it should have been piling up wins.

His devotion to Schaub was strange, and reminds me a lot of Cowher's loyalty to Kordell Stewart. In the end it will probably be his undoing.
Old 11-16-2013   #170
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolar's Ghost View Post
His devotion to Schaub was strange, and reminds me a lot of Cowher's loyalty to Kordell Stewart. In the end it will probably be his undoing.
I honestly don't see where Kubiak showed more devotion towards Schaub than what Schaub earned. Schaub has shown to play better than both Eli & Flacco for extended periods of time... the regular season. He's got the stats & the wins that says, "if he's having a couple of bad games, you cut him some slack."

Many here hate Schaub, plain & simple, because he hasn't shown to be clutch (strangely enough, neither has his replacement) & he's got a receding hairline. Bad.

But he's put up the stats & the Ws.

He threw an interception in the first game of the year.... but he made up for it, making plays to lead the team to victory. He threw a pick 6 in Tennessee, but he made up for it with another come from behind victory in OT.

He wasn't overly impressive in Baltimore. He was overly cautious & I know fans hate that. but I'm sure a coach would have looked at that as "not a good game" instead of a "bad game."

But he started the Seattle game like he got all that crap figured out & he was back on track & the team was back on track. then he threw the pick 6 in the 4th Qtr. I can't imagine anyone benching Schaub after the first half he had.

SF was bad. In light of the interceptions thrown in previous weeks, yes.... Schaub should have been benched after throwing three in this game.

I would have... & I believe any coach in the league would have started Matt Schaub against St Louis. He made some bad plays in the previous 5 games, but SF was really the only bad game. He played good enough for most of those games (not counting SF) with one bad play in each.

You can't point to another starting QB with Schaub's history, that was benched after three bad games. 5 years of top 10 stats, two pro bowls, back to back 10 win seasons, back to back division championships... it's rare. Look at Jake Delhomme, look at Carson Palmer. They played complete seasons before the team decided it was time to move on.

The thing to remember though, is that Case Keenum is every bit "Gary's guy" as Matt Schaub ever was. He probably doesn't get the lattitude Schaub had, but we know for a fact he'll be allowed to have a bad second half in three consecutive games & still start the following week. We know for a fact that he can fumble the ball in multiple games & still come back to start the next week. We know for a fact that he can lose a fumble that effectively ends a game we could have won & come back to start the next week. We know for a fact that he can lose a fumble at the beginning of a game, put his team in a hole (ala Jacoby Jones who was run out of town for a similar incident, even though the Ravens didn't score on that play) & still come back to start the next week.

So I wouldn't worry about Kubiak starting Schaub anytime soon. He's already shown us that Case would have to do much worse than Matt did to get pulled.
Old 11-16-2013   #171
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I honestly don't see where Kubiak showed more devotion towards Schaub than what Schaub earned. Schaub has shown to play better than both Eli & Flacco for extended periods of time... the regular season. He's got the stats & the wins that says, "if he's having a couple of bad games, you cut him some slack."

Many here hate Schaub, plain & simple, because he hasn't shown to be clutch (strangely enough, neither has his replacement) & he's got a receding hairline. Bad.

But he's put up the stats & the Ws.

He threw an interception in the first game of the year.... but he made up for it, making plays to lead the team to victory. He threw a pick 6 in Tennessee, but he made up for it with another come from behind victory in OT.

He wasn't overly impressive in Baltimore. He was overly cautious & I know fans hate that. but I'm sure a coach would have looked at that as "not a good game" instead of a "bad game."

But he started the Seattle game like he got all that crap figured out & he was back on track & the team was back on track. then he threw the pick 6 in the 4th Qtr. I can't imagine anyone benching Schaub after the first half he had.

SF was bad. In light of the interceptions thrown in previous weeks, yes.... Schaub should have been benched after throwing three in this game.

I would have... & I believe any coach in the league would have started Matt Schaub against St Louis. He made some bad plays in the previous 5 games, but SF was really the only bad game. He played good enough for most of those games (not counting SF) with one bad play in each.

You can't point to another starting QB with Schaub's history, that was benched after three bad games. 5 years of top 10 stats, two pro bowls, back to back 10 win seasons, back to back division championships... it's rare. Look at Jake Delhomme, look at Carson Palmer. They played complete seasons before the team decided it was time to move on.

The thing to remember though, is that Case Keenum is every bit "Gary's guy" as Matt Schaub ever was. He probably doesn't get the lattitude Schaub had, but we know for a fact he'll be allowed to have a bad second half in three consecutive games & still start the following week. We know for a fact that he can fumble the ball in multiple games & still come back to start the next week. We know for a fact that he can lose a fumble that effectively ends a game we could have won & come back to start the next week. We know for a fact that he can lose a fumble at the beginning of a game, put his team in a hole (ala Jacoby Jones who was run out of town for a similar incident, even though the Ravens didn't score on that play) & still come back to start the next week.

So I wouldn't worry about Kubiak starting Schaub anytime soon. He's already shown us that Case would have to do much worse than Matt did to get pulled.
The thing is that Case is basically a rookie not a 5-6 year vet, and in order to see if he is the future or if we need to draft a QB he needs to play.
Old 11-16-2013   #172
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
The thing is that Case is basically a rookie not a 5-6 year vet, and in order to see if he is the future or if we need to draft a QB he needs to play.
It appears you took the bolded part of my comment out of context. My point is that Case is earning his playing time, he's Kubiak's guy & Kubiak will be as loyal to him as he ever was to Schaub.
Old 11-16-2013   #173
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It appears you took the bolded part of my comment out of context. My point is that Case is earning his playing time, he's Kubiak's guy & Kubiak will be as loyal to him as he ever was to Schaub.
it appears i did
Old 11-17-2013   #174
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That last statement is just funny in a "I can't believe this guy has coached our team so f'n long kind of way".

You're not going to give anyone anything...especially the qb? Really?

So what reason would you have for putting Matt back in there? Because he's earned it in practice? Seriously?

Pardon my French, but if kubiak throws Matt back out there for any reason besides a case injury in going to be convinced that they are screwing. Being lovers is the only reason I can come up with for why he'd coddle Schaub like this. Maybe his hidden kid from his teenage years.

The statement alone shows a disconnect with reality. Kubiak is not mentally fit to be an nfl head coach.

Honestly, it's probably best for all involved including him and his health, if he just bows out.
Quote:
So you think case doesn't feel pressure to perform? You think if kubiak hadn't said this case would go all cruise control, like yeah, I got this?

Let's be real here. You don't think that the potential for this team to pick a qb in round 1 is enough of a motivator for him to perform?

Kubiak meant what he said. There's absolutely no motivational quality in it. He's ready to throw Schaub back in there.

My concern with the statement is how long of a rope is he going to give case. If he yanks him after a bad game or two, that's an issue. You need to fully evaluate this guy and short of monumental melt down, he should remain the starter.

If case proves he's not the guy, then I don't care what kubiak does at qb because we'll need to take one in the first round anyways.

But my concern with the statement is that kubiak won't give case the rope that he should have. Which makes no sense.

Exactly what I was concerned with.

Kubiak.

I don't care what Schaub does for the rest of the year. I'm convinced that Schaub isn't the guy going forward.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #175
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Default F you Kubiak....

Even though we have lost 3 games in a row i was actually excited to watch Keenum play, he threw 8 TDs and 1 Int, sure he had a few fumbles that cost us, but atleast the boy tried and could make something happen even after a play had broken down.

You have made this franchise the laughing stock of the NFL. I know you were a back up and never had much of a career, but you cannot live ur past NFL career through Schaub. And even if it is what you are doing, then your wanna be career sucks......
Old 11-17-2013   #176
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2290 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: F you Kubiak....

its not keenum's fault that the coaching staff cant adjust to other team's defensive adjustment.

where are the screens to running backs or bubble screens to wideouts to counter blitzes? how about sneaking in a a draw play when the whole world knows the raiders are blitzing?

The texans struggling and not scoring in the second half was a problem before Keenum ever took a snap for the texans.

Its absolutely DISGUSTING that Keenum was held in such a short leash while Schaub was given 7 years.

How is that even fair? What's the point of playing schaub again? Its evaluation time. Keep playing keenum, if you dont like him, play yates.

At least we get to know whether to draft a qb or not next year. Playing schaub does absolutely nothing for the present or future of this team.

SCRUB THIS ENTIRE COACHING STAFF!!!!
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #177
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not watching this game and I won't be watching any games MS is the QB either, I've seen this movie and I know how it ends.
Old 11-17-2013   #178
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

would be nice if this ends kubiak
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #179
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
would be nice if this ends kubiak
Yeah but still it F's up my Sunday !
Old 11-17-2013   #180
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm convinced that Kubiak isn't the guy going forward.
fify

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read