Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2013   #181
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Kubiak the head coach or Kubiak the man?

I think a case can be made for HC, but it would be an unpopular position at the moment and certainly a slow and steady mentality.

But, I think if you objectively wrote the pros and cons on a sheet of paper, you could probably make and easier case against the HC part.

As far as Kubiak the man, I've heard nothing but positive things about Gary in that regard. He seems like a really decent guy on all accounts.
A buddy and fellow season ticket holder - who wants Kubak fired - met him at a golf event. He said Kubiak was one of the nicest human beings he's ever met. And said it was clear he was in the presence of someone who affected people. And, guys, this friend is a gruff attorney, and does not talk in such emotional, hyperbolic terms. But he was so impressed by meeting Kubaik that he was honest about the vibe he got from the guy.

And yet, he STILL wants him fired.

Just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #182
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 43499 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

being likable and being good at your job are two entirely different things.......
Old 11-15-2013   #183
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22889 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Taking Kubiak's health out of the equation, Gary has one year left on his contract. Starting in training camp with Brennan Williams and David Quessenberry, we've been set back with injuries. Despite all the haters, no one in the business anticipated such a rapid decline in Schaub's performance. And on a positive note, we're seeing the emergence of Case Keenum. Taking all these into account, I think McNair will give Gary the last year on his contract.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #184
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not buying that. They have a total of 1 winning season and 0 playoffs between them during Kubiak's tenure.
yeah, I did what I often accuse (rightly so) many other posters of doing and spitting out 1 liner w/o actually looking up facts. buffalo, Oakland and Cleveland are all on really bad runs right now in terms of playoffs and general suckitude.
Old 11-15-2013   #185
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Correct. It's actually depressing to hear from fans on this team who say, "I'd be happy getting another coach IF we can do better than Kubiak" and "Who else can we get?"
I'm not saying that. The only reason I want Kubiak to stay is because I believe Case's chances of success in the NFL is greater with Kubiak than not.

Secondly, I'm not saying Kubiak's way is great. I'm saying I still support the slow & steady approach to building a franchise as opposed to the fire everyone every other year the way the Browns has been doing it.

Just like in 2010, I'm fine if Kubiak is fired. I'm fine if Rick Smith is fired. But I'd prefer it's one or the other, to maintain continuity. There are some bad things going on here, but there are some good things. I'd rather keep the good, improve on them, and minimize the bad.

For instance.... what would you do if you were Arthur Blank?
Old 11-15-2013   #186
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
yeah, I did what I often accuse (rightly so) many other posters of doing and spitting out 1 liner w/o actually looking up facts. buffalo, Oakland and Cleveland are all on really bad runs right now in terms of playoffs and general suckitude.
Holy crap, I knew Oakland was bad but wow - on the way to their 11th non-winning season in a row, 9 of them 5 wins or less. Their MB must look like the cooling lake outside Mr. Burns' nuclear plant.
Old 11-15-2013   #187
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Winston was a stud run blocker even if he sucked in pass pro and had a penchant for false starts. The point remains : was he worth the money to keep him? The Texans decided he wasn't and all of our attempts to replace him have failed.
Rick's attempts to replace Winston?
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #188
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Holy crap, I knew Oakland was bad but wow - on the way to their 11th non-winning season in a row, 9 of them 5 wins or less. Their MB must look like the cooling lake outside Mr. Burns' nuclear plant.
Here is a link to last playoff appearances

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...eason_droughts

The Rams are headed towards double digits also...I need to put more thought into this, but looks like the salary keeps bad organizations bad.
Old 11-15-2013   #189
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not saying that. The only reason I want Kubiak to stay is because I believe Case's chances of success in the NFL is greater with Kubiak than not.

Secondly, I'm not saying Kubiak's way is great. I'm saying I still support the slow & steady approach to building a franchise as opposed to the fire everyone every other year the way the Browns has been doing it.

Just like in 2010, I'm fine if Kubiak is fired. I'm fine if Rick Smith is fired. But I'd prefer it's one or the other, to maintain continuity. There are some bad things going on here, but there are some good things. I'd rather keep the good, improve on them, and minimize the bad.

For instance.... what would you do if you were Arthur Blank?
8 yrs in NFL time is beyond slow and steady, it's pathetic considering the current state of the franchise.

If I'm Arthur Blank I draft a pass rusher and trade up to get a LT to protect Ryan and I make the playoffs again. Dimitroff has shown he is willing to take risks and make moves. The Falcons ae in much better shape than the Texans and their slow and steady approach. IMHO
Old 11-16-2013   #190
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
8 yrs in NFL time is beyond slow and steady, it's pathetic considering the current state of the franchise.
You're right. If I had to chose, I'd take the quick route. But whether you do it slow & steady, or quick, you've got to do it the right way. The Browns, Bills, Raiders.... they've been trying it the quick way, but they've been going about it all wrong.

Our slow & steady was "on the right track" up until a couple of years ago. The team has been going sideways for 2 years now as far as growth goes. We've been winning, but I think that shows how good a coach Kubiak really is. I understand he built this team, & the sideways direction is ultimately his fault. They made a bad assumption after 2011 & it bit them in the butt.

I just think it's easier to find someone capable of doing it slow & steady than it is to find the right guys to make it happen over night. Andy Ried didn't do anything over night. That team has been plagued by injury for the last 3-4 years. They've been collecting talent for quite some time now.

I tell you what, I think Gary did a fairly good job getting us from where we were to where we are. I honestly don't know if anyone could have done it faster. But right now, we're in a position where I believe a new coach would find success quick. Not so much in 2006.

That said. We were a losing franchise in 2006. Kubiak changed that after one season. Three years from then, we were in the play-offs. Had we fired Kubiak after 2010 it's possible we would still be experiencing this down-turn after back to back play-off seasons.

Would we still be as irate? Disappointed?

Quote:
If I'm Arthur Blank I draft a pass rusher and trade up to get a LT to protect Ryan and I make the playoffs again. Dimitroff has shown he is willing to take risks and make moves. The Falcons ae in much better shape than the Texans and their slow and steady approach. IMHO
They've got one play-off victory since 2008 (6 years). Kubiak's got 2 (8 years). Why aren't you talking about finding a new head coach, or GM? The Falcons were probably expected to be the #3 team in the NFC & they've got the same 2-7 record we do.
Old 11-16-2013   #191
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I think Kubiak is actually a pretty good coach, but the major flaw of this team has always been personnel decisions. The execution of Kubiak's schemes is limited by mediocre talent or lack of depth, specifically at the offensive line, and much of that problem is owned by Kubiak. I wrote in another thread that Kubiak's best personnel decisions have been the result of process, like Foster and Keenum. His worst ones were based on his impressions or evaluations, like Chris Brown and numerous linemen. None of us really know the balance of influence between Kubiak and Smith on draft decisions, but Smith has just pointed the finger at Kubiak, and that's a reliable indication of who's in the hot seat.

Realistically, I think the best solution is for McNair to conduct a critical review of his organization as it relates to scouting and personnel rather than interviewing new coaches. The benefits of keeping Kubiak -- as unpopular as that is around here -- is 1) He has an opportunity to maximize his best skillset as a QB coach by developing Keenum, and 2) The FO has already assessed Kubiak's strengths and weaknesses, and you can account for the weaknesses with supplemental staff. For an owner, having an accurate assessment of your manager's strengths and weaknesses is essential, and you can avoid the long and painful assessment period that comes with a replacement head coach.

I know that people have this idea that a championship head coach is one who simply executes every responsibility of his role better than his peers. The truth is that people who stand out among their peers only excel at two or three skills. A good owner knows how to set up that manager for success while accounting for and supplementing that manager's mediocrities. With a record of 12-4 last season, and the endorsement of some of the best quarterbacks to ever play in the NFL, I think Kubiak can be set up for success. That's hard for a lot of fans to accept after this season, but a plague of injuries and a QB meltdown can't be pinned entirely on the coach. That's what fans have the hardest time struggling with: Sometimes injuries and circumstance can tank a season, and there is no one to fire.
8 yrs and Schaub is Gary/ Ricks guy. They should all be held accountable with their jobs. History says BoB doesn't hold anybody accountable on the on field product side of the org.
Old 11-16-2013   #192
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You're right. If I had to chose, I'd take the quick route. But whether you do it slow & steady, or quick, you've got to do it the right way. The Browns, Bills, Raiders.... they've been trying it the quick way, but they've been going about it all wrong.

Our slow & steady was "on the right track" up until a couple of years ago. The team has been going sideways for 2 years now as far as growth goes. We've been winning, but I think that shows how good a coach Kubiak really is. I understand he built this team, & the sideways direction is ultimately his fault. They made a bad assumption after 2011 & it bit them in the butt.

I just think it's easier to find someone capable of doing it slow & steady than it is to find the right guys to make it happen over night. Andy Ried didn't do anything over night. That team has been plagued by injury for the last 3-4 years. They've been collecting talent for quite some time now.

I tell you what, I think Gary did a fairly good job getting us from where we were to where we are. I honestly don't know if anyone could have done it faster. But right now, we're in a position where I believe a new coach would find success quick. Not so much in 2006.

That said. We were a losing franchise in 2006. Kubiak changed that after one season. Three years from then, we were in the play-offs. Had we fired Kubiak after 2010 it's possible we would still be experiencing this down-turn after back to back play-off seasons.

Would we still be as irate? Disappointed?

They've got one play-off victory since 2008 (6 years). Kubiak's got 2 (8 years). Why aren't you talking about finding a new head coach, or GM? The Falcons were probably expected to be the #3 team in the NFC & they've got the same 2-7 record we do.
Ifs and butts

Yes I will take a risk take over a guy who shutters at the thought of taking a risk.

Jst look at the Seahawks taking a chance on Wilson, the Ravens fiing their OC towards the end of last season, Harbaugh starting Kaepermick. Do you think Gary would take these chances.

As far as Rick goes this team isn't nearly as talented as we (the casual fans think it is)

Looks like it's about time to $$$$$ the fiddler. LOL
Old 11-16-2013   #193
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Ifs and butts
There were no if's & buts in there. Nothing wrong with slow & steady if it's done right. We didn't do it right.

Quote:
Yes I will take a risk take over a guy who shutters at the thought of taking a risk.

Jst look at the Seahawks taking a chance on Wilson, the Ravens fiing their OC towards the end of last season, Harbaugh starting Kaepermick. Do you think Gary would take these chances.
What's the difference between what Harbaugh did & what Kubiak did? Every time Schaub got hurt, he put another QB in. When he found a QB with better tools, he stuck with that guy even though his "starter" was healthy.

Seattle didn't have a QB with Schaub's resume. Picking the unknown Wilson over the unknown Flynn isn't any different than what happened to Flynn in Oakland. How's that working out for them?

I'm pretty sure if we went into the offseason without a starting QB, Kubiak would have chosen the better of the two or three guys we had in camp.

Quote:
As far as Rick goes this team isn't nearly as talented as we (the casual fans think it is)

Looks like it's about time to $$$$$ the fiddler. LOL
I think there are several teams out there that get more production/success out of their talent than we do.
Old 11-16-2013   #194
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is an opinion piece that came out yesterday about Kubiak from UprootedTexan over at battleredblog. Check out an excerpt below:

The news that the front office is unhappy with Kubiak came out four days ago. It is now Friday, and not a single member of the front office, not Rick Smith, neither of the McNairs, not even Snuffy the copy boy has come out to say that Rapoport's statement is untrue. If he were mistaken, someone in a position of authority would have gotten behind a microphone by now and said something to that effect.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/11...s-kubiaks-seat
Old 11-16-2013   #195
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Here is an opinion piece that came out yesterday about Kubiak from UprootedTexan over at battleredblog. Check out an excerpt below:

Quote:
If he were mistaken, someone in a position of authority would have gotten behind a microphone by now and said something to that effect.
http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/11...s-kubiaks-seat
He's got a point.
Old 11-16-2013   #196
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's got a point.
Why would anybody in position of authority (Bob McNair or Rick Smith) want to hold a press conference to talk about a 2-7 team that has greatly failed to meet their high expectations? It would be sad if we lose these next two games at home against the Raiders and Jaguars, but I wouldn't be the least bit shocked. This has nothing to do with Gary Kubiak or any of the coaching staff. We're just a bad team right now due to injuries and some unfortunate mistakes. I applaud the team's effort the last three games. We had a chance to win all of them.

I just want to finish these last seven games, win or lose, and focus on the off-season. Mainly the draft and free agency. I can't wait for 2014. Talking about Gary Kubiak's future right now is just silly. That should be talked about when the season is over. No matter if we finish 2013 with a 9-7 record or 2-14 record. The bottom line is we're not going to the playoffs anymore. We're playing for pride now. For some fans, they would rather have the highest draft pick possible. If we go 2-14 our odds of having the first overall pick is 90 %.
Old 11-16-2013   #197
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometime you need someone to build something and then need someone to take over and do something with it.

There is a lot of potential in this team, but there seems to be a shortage of someone to grab them by the neck and take them where they need to go. A leader needs to inspire someone to go to hell and back. Payton, Harbaugh, Belichek... those guys seem like they inspire their guys to cause hate and discontent and make things happen. Gary is a guy that would knock you down and then ask if you're okay.

You can have all the best players in the world, but if you don't have the right guy pointing them in the right direction it doesn't mean a damn thing.
Old 11-16-2013   #198
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I see nothing wrong with how this team was being built, they built through the draft like any good team should, BUT the problem is that you get these good players and then when it comes pay day you cannot afford them all. Just imagine what Watt is going to cost us here very soon.

And as far as Schaub goes, he was an above average QB until this year, and before Haynesworth flopped on his foot he was a very good QB imo. Theres certain things you cant control.

AND this staff has been very good in drafting players, well they were before this seasons draft cause as of now it looks like the worst we've had in a while. This team is not as bad as the record indicates IMO. I believe next season we will return to the top of the AFC.
Old 11-16-2013   #199
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I see nothing wrong with how this team was being built, they built through the draft like any good team should, BUT the problem is that you get these good players and then when it comes pay day you cannot afford them all. Just imagine what Watt is going to cost us here very soon.

And as far as Schaub goes, he was an above average QB until this year, and before Haynesworth flopped on his foot he was a very good QB imo. Theres certain things you cant control.

AND this staff has been very good in drafting players, well they were before this seasons draft cause as of now it looks like the worst we've had in a while. This team is not as bad as the record indicates IMO. I believe next season we will return to the top of the AFC.
The fly in the ointment is Smubiak mortgaged the farm prior to the 2011 season. That along with Peyton's broken neck and Jeff Fisher's departure enabled the Texans to be much improved. Starting with the 2012 season, payments for the 2011 mortgage loan became due. In order to pay the piper, the Texans have had to make many trips to the Pawn Shop, along with refinancing the mortgage each year, just to meet their minimal financial obligations for each season since 2011. As a result their standard of living has declined significantly and Smubiak is about to lose the farm.

Last edited by Texian; 11-16-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #200
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
The fly in the ointment is Smubiak mortgaged the farm prior to the 2011 season. That along with Peyton's broken neck and Jeff Fisher's departure enabled the Texans to be much improved. Starting with the 2012 season, payments on the 2011 mortgage loan became due. In order to pay the piper the Texans have had to make one to many trips to the Pawn Shop along with refinancing that mortgage loan each and every year just to meet their financial obligations. As a result their standard of living has declined and they're about to lose the farm.
haha not a bad analogy, but no we will not lose the farm, there are ways to free up money of course the mgmt of the texans will have to grow some balls first.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read