Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2013   #21
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: -Looking Forward- Texans vs Raiders 11/17/13

Ed Reed is picked-up by Oakland and starts his first game with the Raiders against the Texans. His first play is a Pick-6, but it is called back because he was illegally using his walker.
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #22
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Do we still suck against mobile QBs?

In all the rest of the suck I've lost track.

If so, oh oh.
This is what I'm thinking. If we play man most of the game, we stand to get shredded by Prior. Houston should match up favorably against Oakland's pass rush, which gives a good chance for Case to have a great game.

I don't want to see the game end with Prior winning it with his feet.
Old 11-15-2013   #23
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 27943 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

I am being incredibly lazy here and not reading anything, but the first several posts and the last couple posts, but here is my take...

The Raiders, whether they want to admit it or not yet are also in the middle of a lost season (not statistically I know, but realistically). They aren't making the playoffs.

With the said, if Pryor is their future, Dennis Allen is the worst coach ever if he rushes him back from a sprained MCL. With that said, I doubt he plays, or even if he does, he doesn't make it the whole game. That leaves Matt McGloin... I don't know how he is on an NFL roster, but if he plays we will DOMINATE.

Raiders D sucks.

The Texans D is a VERY deceptive stat. We are obviously not #1. It doesn't factor in all of the roughing the passer penalties or (what seems like) the 2 50+ yard Pass Interference plays we give up EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Regardless, my stance is Texans 30 Raiders 23
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking Back...

There is a long standing Texans tradition that says Texans players must crap the bed when facing their former team. This was begun in 2002 when Jay Foreman melted down while the Texans faced the Buffalo Bills in week 6 following the Texans Bye week.

The team was 1-3 at the time but with the 2-3 Bills coming to town Texans players and fans were thinking this was our best chance for our second win. I was not to be. Instead Jay got into a little foul trouble and kept the drive alive that proved to be the margin of victory.

Free agents signed by the Texans have been doing it ever since. Shane Lechler will have the worst game of his career following his illness and seal the defeat "somehow".
Old 11-15-2013   #25
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Former Raider Todd Christensen passed away on Wednesday. That means the Raiders will beat us yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Former Raider Todd Christensen passed away on Wednesday. That means the Raiders will beat us yet again.
Indeed! That just adds to the probability that we'll lose this one. When an owner dies, a former beloved player for the other team passes away, or some "event" takes place that focuses a team that might otherwise not have a good chance of winning and turns them into a razor-sharp, steely eyed group of men seeking retribution you can always bet that the next team on their schedule will be the Houston Texans.
Old 11-15-2013   #27
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 1131 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
With the said, if Pryor is their future, Dennis Allen is the worst coach ever if he rushes him back from a sprained MCL. With that said, I doubt he plays, or even if he does, he doesn't make it the whole game. That leaves Matt McGloin... I don't know how he is on an NFL roster, but if he plays we will DOMINATE.
I'm to lazy to look it up, but I believe the Texans have a very bad record against first time starters. So, I'm hoping McGloin doesn't see the field. Just saying

Sent from the toilet...
BigBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #28
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9534 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as special teams play doesn't factor into the equation then the Texans will have a chance to win. But for some reason it's hard not to think about Randy Bullock missing a critical field or two, or three, or four...

I just have that bad feeling in my stomach that Sebastian Janikowski is going to make a few 50-plus yard field goals and that will be the difference in a 26-17 Raiders win. All because Randy Bullock couldn't make his field goals. I'll go ahead and guess that Bullock will miss three field goals to match his total in his last home game. Someway and somehow the Texans will find a way to lose another winnable game. This one will sting a little more because it's against a bad team and not a playoff caliber team like the Cardinals, Colts and Chiefs.

Everybody is talking about the Raiders defense being so bad but I think they'll have a lot to prove in this game. Terrelle Pryor, even with one good knee, can probably take advantage of our mediocre inside linebackers. The middle of the field will be wide open and I mean WIDE OPEN. The Raiders offense can eat us alive just by passing or running right up the gut. I wouldn't be shocked if Rashad Jennings has the best game of his career on Sunday. He's had a couple of good games in a row against the Giants and Eagles. So he has a bit of momentum coming in, while our run game is pretty much non existent.
Old 11-15-2013   #29
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Yet again"?

We're 5-2 against the Raiders all time.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #30
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
"Yet again"?

And one of the two the Raiders only fielded two players - Lechler & Janikowski.

Janikowski tied the 3 FGs of 50+ yds in one game which he already held in a tie with Rackers (who kicked a 54 yarder in the game) and Kris Brown.
Old 11-15-2013   #31
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
"Yet again"?

And we're 0-1 against them when they have a death in the organization. Hence the "yet again".

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 11-15-2013   #32
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44848 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And we're 0-1 against them when they have a death in the organization. Hence the "yet again".
I don't think the death of a former player from the 70s will have the same impact as a long time owner who changed the game of football as we know it. Just saying.
Old 11-15-2013   #33
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
I don't think the death of a former player from the 70s will have the same impact as a long time owner who changed the game of football as we know it. Just saying.
The same owner that since he changed the game of football became the laughing stock of football? IJS...

Quote:
Old 11-15-2013   #34
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44848 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The same owner that since he changed the game of football became the laughing stock of football? IJS...
Davis was a treasured icon to Oakland...
Old 11-15-2013   #35
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Half the current players probably didn't know this guys name. Al Davis drafted the team. He was a real, albeit freaky, person to them.
Old 11-15-2013   #36
PapaL
Loose Screw

You guys sure do know how to make a funny not funny. SMH.

Queen to make it funny.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2013   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
There is no way in hell the Texans lose all the rest of their games this season. That just won't happen. No, they'll have some horrid mix of loses with a few surprise wins just enough to keep us from a top five draft choice.
I honestly don't know what to think about this "team"

At first I thought they were just "dealing" with having that target on their back... you know when the good teams come to town, you prepare for them all week long, not wanting to be embarrassed. So I was thinking SanDiego & Tennessee really brought it, because we were supposed to be that team.

Then I thought, "Maybe the team is laying down on Schaub." But after he was replaced with Keenum the defense continued to give up 80+ yard TD scoring drives.

So I thought they were laying down on Kubiak... then he had a stroke. Surely their play would pick up.

The only thing I got left is that it's an inside job. However, after listening to Wade give press conferences all week & fill in on the Gary Kubiak show, I'm hoping Wade realizes he doesn't want to be a head coach after all & he gets back to putting his guys in the right position to make plays & they start playing as a unit again.
Old 11-16-2013   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
There is too much game film of Case Keenum already (three starts is plenty).
This indicates that you believe Case won't continue to get better. That he is incapable of adjusting to the NFL.

There's game film on every starting QB in the league. Defenses always study that film before a game. DCs always try to figure them out & plan accordingly.

It's up to Case (who also studies that film) to beat those defenses anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
The Raiders are coming into Reliant Stadium with a lot to prove.

They are not the team that had Super Bowl expectations entering the season. They are not the team currently on a seven-game losing streak. All of the pressure will be on the Texans in this game. We are favored to win this game.
Sounds like two contradicting thoughts.
Old 11-16-2013   #39
Sigma
Veteran

Rep Power: 13130 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

we will lose every game left in the season except for the colts

so that way we won't even be able to enjoy the first win in indy
Old 11-17-2013   #40
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9534 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
This indicates that you believe Case won't continue to get better. That he is incapable of adjusting to the NFL.

There's game film on every starting QB in the league. Defenses always study that film before a game. DCs always try to figure them out & plan accordingly.

It's up to Case (who also studies that film) to beat those defenses anyway.
I believe Case Keenum is very capable of improving and eventually being able to beat the blitz once we improve the offensive line and running back position. But these last four games he started have been very predictable to watch in the second half. That's all I meant about the game film. I knew the Raiders were going to win this game. Ben Tate and his broken ribs, and all of our undrafted rookie RBs, are not good at picking up the blitz like Arian Foster was.

Gary Kubiak already went back to Matt Schaub, probably lost faith in Case Keenum like I have as well, and this season is a train wreck at 2-8. We have six games left and I don't think things will improve until the off-season.

If we bring in a new head coach he's not likely to make Case Keenum his starting quarterback going into 2014. It will be a total roster overhaul. We may even have to think about drafting a quarterback in round one like Teddy Bridgewater, Marcus Mariota (if he declares) or Johnny Manziel.

But our defense is so horrible we could use an elite defensive player to pair with J.J. Watt like Jadeveon Clowney, Anthony Barr or C.J. Mosley. Also Jake Matthews would solidify our offensive line for the next twelve years. We may be better off trading down even if we do end up with the first overall pick. We will definitely be in the top five regardless.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read