Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2013   #121
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oh boy.. Kubiak says Schaub working hard to get back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Why is Kubiak still here. The season is over. McNair should take the words right out of Kubiaks mouth. I'm not giving anyone anything. Especially not a head coach. Seriously? Marciano, bullock, Schaub? What a joke.

Why not start the search now? Give the new head coach a chance to test drive the team.
Exactly where are you going to find a HC in the middle of the NFL and college seasons?
Old 11-14-2013   #122
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
When did Kubiak ever put pressure on Schaub? He was handed the job on a silver platter after the trade. And he never had to compete for the starting job since.
So how's that working out for us?

Kubiak's got a decision to make in about 5 months. He doesn't have time to put pressure on Keenum in the off-season. It's got to be now.
Old 11-14-2013   #123
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Well, we are a collective group-think as a forum.

In all seriousness, though, what context do you think Kubiak meant that statement?
Someone probably asked him if Matt is mailing it in.
Old 11-14-2013   #124
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Exactly where are you going to find a HC in the middle of the NFL and college seasons?

Up in the booth.
Old 11-14-2013   #125
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Some fans just don't pay attention. McNair will never fire a head coach in the middle of the season. Never.

For a city that hated Bud Adams, there sure are a lot of folks that seem to want an owner that acts just like him.
Old 11-14-2013   #126
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Kubiak's got a decision to make in about 5 months. He doesn't have time to put pressure on Keenum in the off-season. It's got to be now
So you think case doesn't feel pressure to perform? You think if kubiak hadn't said this case would go all cruise control, like yeah, I got this?

Let's be real here. You don't think that the potential for this team to pick a qb in round 1 is enough of a motivator for him to perform?

Kubiak meant what he said. There's absolutely no motivational quality in it. He's ready to throw Schaub back in there.

My concern with the statement is how long of a rope is he going to give case. If he yanks him after a bad game or two, that's an issue. You need to fully evaluate this guy and short of monumental melt down, he should remain the starter.

If case proves he's not the guy, then I don't care what kubiak does at qb because we'll need to take one in the first round anyways.

But my concern with the statement is that kubiak won't give case the rope that he should have. Which makes no sense.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #127
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
So you think case doesn't feel pressure to perform? You think if kubiak hadn't said this case would go all cruise control, like yeah, I got this?

Let's be real here. You don't think that the potential for this team to pick a qb in round 1 is enough of a motivator for him to perform?

Kubiak meant what he said. There's absolutely no motivational quality in it. He's ready to throw Schaub back in there.

My concern with the statement is how long of a rope is he going to give case. If he yanks him after a bad game or two, that's an issue. You need to fully evaluate this guy and short of monumental melt down, he should remain the starter.

If case proves he's not the guy, then I don't care what kubiak does at qb because we'll need to take one in the first round anyways.

But my concern with the statement is that kubiak won't give case the rope that he should have. Which makes no sense.

agreed

(on if hell use the rest of the year to see if QB Case Keenum can start each week and be a starter in the NFL) No, I wouldnt say that. Im going to keep going week-to-week. Matts (Schaub) working really hard. I know what Matt wants back on the field. I think Case has played really well and done a lot of good things. He has made a lot of mistakes too that hes got to correct. Weve been in some close ball games with the ball in his hand at the end of the game and weve got to get over the hump there. I think we just keep going. I think he needs a little pressure on him to continue to have to play well and stay in there. Im not going to give anybody anything, much less a quarterback.

that was the exact quote, to me its more than pressure on case, its a way to say matt will start again just waiting for case to make one mistake
Old 11-14-2013   #128
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Can never be enough pressure for a franchise QB.

Quote:
I firmly believe if we had Aaron Rodgers here, it wouldn't be enough. We need a right tackle, we need an OLB. If the Texans feel they Case can handle the job, we may not be "forced" to reach for the next Blaine Gabbert.

& let's be honest here. Regardless what the coach says, Matt isn't pushing anybody. He just wants to promote the appearance that there's competition, kinda like that preseason back-up QB competition.

Quote:

Case is Kubiak's guy. Just as much as Matt ever was. We've seen nothing to make anyone think Kubiak will pull Case too soon. If Kubiak really wanted Matt back in the game, he'd have yanked him after that fumble returned for a TD in Arizona.
Old 11-14-2013   #129
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
agreed

(on if he’ll use the rest of the year to see if QB Case Keenum can start each week and be a starter in the NFL) “No, I wouldn’t say that. I’m going to keep going week-to-week. Matt’s (Schaub) working really hard. I know what Matt wants back on the field. I think Case has played really well and done a lot of good things. He has made a lot of mistakes too that he’s got to correct. We’ve been in some close ball games with the ball in his hand at the end of the game and we’ve got to get over the hump there. I think we just keep going. I think he needs a little pressure on him to continue to have to play well and stay in there. I’m not going to give anybody anything, much less a quarterback.”

that was the exact quote, to me its more than pressure on case, its a way to say matt will start again just waiting for case to make one mistake
Guess what the Raiders are going to do to Case. They're going to blitz him. This is game 4, Case has got to give them a reason to change their mind. I haven't seen the all 22. I haven't even watched the 2nd half of the Arizona game (yet... just a matter of time), but I guarantee you he had options he didn't take.

Yes, the blitz is going to beat him every now & again, but he's got to beat it from time to time. If defenses don't respect his ability, he has no business starting.

Don't take this to mean I don't think he can do it. I'm hoping with everything I can..... all the koolaid we've got left, that we win the next 7 games straight up. It is my wish that Keenum breaks every one of Matt Schaub's records, & Carr's consecutive completion record. But the reality is we've got less than 200 yards of total offense in the second half of the last 3 games combined. Not all Case's fault (just like 2-4 wasn't all Schaub), but he's a big part of it. He's the QB.
Old 11-14-2013   #130
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Case is Kubiak's guy. Just as much as Matt ever was. We've seen nothing to make anyone think Kubiak will pull Case too soon. If Kubiak really wanted Matt back in the game, he'd have yanked him after that fumble returned for a TD in Arizona.

Maybe he didn't because he wasn't there. Phillips was coaching that game.
Old 11-14-2013   #131
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It freaking burns me.
You have a QB coming into AZ and performed way better than the rest; more highly regarded.

The lack of real accountability has shown

Kubiak is gone:
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #132
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You sound like you have a huge crush on Matt and Gary.
Just Gary. I like Matt but recognize,better, the degree of his physical limitations after seeing keenum the past few weeks. Still, keenum is 0-3 with the inability to get it done in close games in the 4 the quarter in all 3games.
Old 11-14-2013   #133
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Just Gary. I like Matt but recognize,better, the degree of his physical limitations after seeing keenum the past few weeks. Still, keenum is 0-3 with the inability to get it done in close games in the 4 the quarter in all 3games.
And what is Matt's record in the prior 4 games?
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #134
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

It's actually easy for Kubiak to make this statement in advance of a stretch where Case has Oakland and Jacksonville coming up...at home. Keenum should light both up and at that point he is in for the duration of the season...just needs a win or two.
Old 11-15-2013   #135
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 10910 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hard to try and close out games with no run game and a broken O-line letting guys blitz at will. Imagine what Keenum could have done behind OD, Foster, Andre and our O-Line from a couple of seasons back. Hell, imagine Keenum behind our team in the beginning of the season when still relatively healthy.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #136
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Case is 0-3 jus saying I can cee were if he does not win and starts to play bad he cold be sent right back to the bench

how many games are left 6 I would hope we don't lose the rest of the way
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #137
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
It's actually easy for Kubiak to make this statement in advance of a stretch where Case has Oakland and Jacksonville coming up...at home. Keenum should light both up and at that point he is in for the duration of the season...just needs a win or two.
We're 2-7. Even if we beat Oakland & Jacksonville, we'll be 4-7. There will not be an appropriate time for Kubiak to say he is satisfied with anything on this team unless the rest of the AFC chokes & we sneak into the play-offs at 9-7.

He can't say that he's happy with his QB..... he's been saying that for 6 years & you see where that's got us. He can't say he's happy with his OL, Special Teams, or defense. Or his coaching staff, or anything.

This is one huge disappointment.

You've just got to know that Kubiak isn't going to put Schaub in the game. There's no reason for it. He's not going to say it this year, but Case Keenum has been our starting QB since KC & he'll be treated like it. He's going to get some slack, he'll be allowed to make mistakes, he's not going to get benched, even if he has a bad game.

But Rick Smith is not going to rush to sign him to an extension with $60M guaranteed, we're not going to cut Schaub & Gary will not announce Case is our "starting QB" for the remainder of the season.
Old 11-15-2013   #138
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Kubiak's got a decision to make in about 5 months. He doesn't have time to put pressure on Keenum in the off-season. It's got to be now.
So you're saying KubiAk finally learns how to do his job ?
Old 11-15-2013   #139
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
We're 2-7. Even if we beat Oakland & Jacksonville, we'll be 4-7. There will not be an appropriate time for Kubiak to say he is satisfied with anything on this team unless the rest of the AFC chokes & we sneak into the play-offs at 9-7.

He can't say that he's happy with his QB..... he's been saying that for 6 years & you see where that's got us. He can't say he's happy with his OL, Special Teams, or defense. Or his coaching staff, or anything.

This is one huge disappointment.

You've just got to know that Kubiak isn't going to put Schaub in the game. There's no reason for it. He's not going to say it this year, but Case Keenum has been our starting QB since KC & he'll be treated like it. He's going to get some slack, he'll be allowed to make mistakes, he's not going to get benched, even if he has a bad game.

But Rick Smith is not going to rush to sign him to an extension with $60M guaranteed, we're not going to cut Schaub & Gary will not announce Case is our "starting QB" for the remainder of the season.
And now you're saying that you just know Rick is going to his job as well.
I laugh so hard.
That was comic gold.
Old 11-15-2013   #140
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm somewhat surprised you couldn't see these physical limitations when comparing Schaub to other NFL quarterbacks in the beginning of the year. Maybe some study of other organizations for comparison to the Texans would help set the bar when evaluating the team/players.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read