Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-14-2013   #21
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st 2014 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Joyner is a baller, but I do hate spending a high second for him.

Low second or third round seem more reasonable for me.
i agree, i think joyners height will push him down the board, a high 3 would be good
Old 11-14-2013   #22
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not sold on clowney either. But when I exclude qb's for the time being and I think about what we currently have on the roster, clowney makes a lot of sense to me.

(Condensed)

I thought about Matthews, and I like Matthews a lot for this team (need to watch more film on him....and everyone else)...but the reason I didn't go there is because I think RT is solvable without using a top 5 pick on one. We spent a two picks on guys that can play rt last draft and I think Ryan Harris could be ok. Maybe even draft another guy or bring in a FA.

But I wouldn't be upset with Matthews.
I'm pretty much the same way , excluding QB for the time being until we see what we have in Keenum as well as who's coaching the team next year. If its Kubiak , Keenum may be the guy , someone else is likely going to want "their guy" and use a premium pick to get that player.

As for Matthews and a top 5 pick being early for RT. I see that a bit different.

How many more years does Brown have at LT ?? Drafting Matthews now instantly solves the RT issues while having Browns eventual replacement at LT on the roster.

Brown & Matthews are likely the best OT tandem in the league in the mean time.

Protect the QB , get after the QB .... That's a hell of a start as far as protecting the QB. Find an NT that can push the pocket around in the next couple of rounds , you likely solve multiple defensive issues with one pick.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
So you are making picks with the mindset that this team is more than a year away from competing for a Super Bowl?
You have to ask? Hopefully you are being amusing. Even if I get my mock drafted, many are rookie starters who need time to ramp up. Manning, Joseph and Cushing lose time every year and if Watt were to go out...
Old 11-14-2013   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I'm pretty much the same way , excluding QB for the time being until we see what we have in Keenum as well as who's coaching the team next year. If its Kubiak , Keenum may be the guy , someone else is likely going to want "their guy" and use a premium pick to get that player.

As for Matthews and a top 5 pick being early for RT. I see that a bit different.

How many more years does Brown have at LT ?? Drafting Matthews now instantly solves the RT issues while having Browns eventual replacement at LT on the roster.

Brown & Matthews are likely the best OT tandem in the league in the mean time.

Protect the QB , get after the QB .... That's a hell of a start as far as protecting the QB. Find an NT that can push the pocket around in the next couple of rounds , you likely solve multiple defensive issues with one pick.
This is exactly my plan and i just wished I could use a pick on JaWuan James who could alternate with Matthews as he takes breather or offers Brown some down time and replace him when he eventually replaces DB. A solid nose makes everybody better.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read