Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-10-2013   #121
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Who Should I Start Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
NON PPR

(1) Flex
(2) WR
(2) RB

Wr Fitzgerald
Wr Torrey Smith
Wr Keenan Allen
Wr Cecil Short
Wr Brian HArline

RB - Johnson
Rb - Bell
Rb - Zac Stacy
RB - Mike James

Its a good problem but a must win game against the leader
Johnson(if Chris), Stacy, Bell(if LeVeon), Allen for me.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #122
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Denarius Moore, Andre Ellington, of Ben Tate for a flex.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #123
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Denarius Moore, Andre Ellington, of Ben Tate for a flex.
I'd be forced to go with Tate. He has to know this is his audition for a big free agency contract, with the knock on him being injuries.

Wouldn't fault you for Ellington, though.
Old 11-13-2013   #124
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113664 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't quite figure out my flex for this upcoming weekend.
Non PPR

1) Andre Ellington
2) Mike Tolbert
3) Riley Cooper
4) Marvin Jones

I'm leaning towards Cooper because him and Foles have a good connection.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #125
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Can't quite figure out my flex for this upcoming weekend.
Non PPR

1) Andre Ellington
2) Mike Tolbert
3) Riley Cooper
4) Marvin Jones

I'm leaning towards Cooper because him and Foles have a good connection.
1,3,4,2 for me... so Ellington, then Cooper. Might change my mind later in the week, though, with injury/etc. news.
Old 11-13-2013   #126
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd stick with Cooper and let it ride. Dude has been on fire the last two weeks since he got a white QB to throw to him. Coincidence...?
Old 11-13-2013   #127
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113664 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm... it'll be a tough decision to make. Dutch's got a point, though, Cooper has been on fire. Can't believe he was still available to pick up this week.
Old 11-13-2013   #128
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Hmm... it'll be a tough decision to make. Dutch's got a point, though, Cooper has been on fire. Can't believe he was still available to pick up this week.
Cooper was the reason my team lost last week.

Ellington vs. Jaguars is intriguing, though. Anybody vs. Jags.
Old 11-14-2013   #129
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Cooper was the reason my team lost last week.

Ellington vs. Jaguars is intriguing, though. Anybody vs. Jags.
Except for Titans D vs Jax I only got a few points out of them instead of the 14 or 12 or whatever it was from the Carolina D on my bench.

Lesson: Don't bench Carolina's D.
Old 11-18-2013   #130
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm THAT guy who sat Ray Rice this week, knowing how bad the Bears run D was. I was still able to muster 36 points out of CJ1k and Joique Bell
Old 11-19-2013   #131
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright, I am in a must win situation in the worst possible week. I have Demarius Thomas starting, which normally does me good, but I need a 2nd WR and all of my other guys have been lackluster at best. I have Roddy White, who is going up against the saints on thursday night. I know the Saints CB suffered a bad injury, so White might be able to pick them apart, however the Falcons are a dumpster fire this season, and White is coming off of injury.

Then I have Hakeem Nicks. He sucks, but he is playing at home against Dallas, who he torched the first week. Dallas also has a bad passing D (Statistically)

Finally I have Boldin, who is playing Washington on Monday night. He had a decent game last week, but San Frans passing game has been somewhat meh, and I don't know if I can rely on this game.

I am playing the 2nd best team in my league, and I need a win to stay alive in the playoffs, since there is a log jam for half the teams trying to get those final 4 spots.

Who should I start???

(P.S. I am going with Cumberland at TE, because I have no good TE on the WW. Is that a decent pickup? Or should I go with someone else?)

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #132
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd go with Nicks, but I'm 2-9 in one league, and 7-4 in another, so I dunno.
Old 11-19-2013   #133
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
(P.S. I am going with Cumberland at TE, because I have no good TE on the WW. Is that a decent pickup? Or should I go with someone else?)
What are your other TE options?
Old 11-19-2013   #134
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What are your other TE options?
On the wire, Jared Cook just hit the market, and he's going against Chicago.

Other potentials are Tim Wright, who I actually had last week, and Heath Miller, who hasn't done much. I was screwed at TE when OD went down.

Any insight on my WR issue?

Old 11-20-2013   #135
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Jordan Cameron vs PIT or Garrett Graham vs. JAX?

Cameron was fine while Hoyer/Weeden were throwing to him. With Campbell under center he gets nary a point.
Old 11-20-2013   #136
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Murray, Tate, Andre Brown, and Matt forte. I need 2 to start, and one for flex. Only one I'm sure on is forte.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #137
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Pick one of each... non PPR

TE
Jason Witten vs Giants
Rob Housler Vs Colts

WR
Rod Streater Vs Titans
Brian Hartline Vs Panthers
SCOTTexans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #138
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
On the wire, Jared Cook just hit the market, and he's going against Chicago.

Other potentials are Tim Wright, who I actually had last week, and Heath Miller, who hasn't done much.
Miller is getting more targets as of late, and Ben is coming around. Browns 23rd against FF TEs scoring. Wright is a no for me.
Quote:
Any insight on my WR issue?
At first blush I'd say Nicks for the matchup, but Boldin & White got 9 targets last week to Nicks' 5. Is Nicks injured? I think I'm choosing between Boldin/White and leaning Boldin.

Quote:
Jordan Cameron vs PIT or Garrett Graham vs. JAX?
Tough call. Graham had huge targets last week, I think I'd go with GG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Murray, Tate, Andre Brown, and Matt forte. I need 2 to start, and one for flex. Only one I'm sure on is forte.
Forte & Tate for sure, Brown next for me.

Quote:
Pick one of each... non PPR

TE
Jason Witten vs Giants
Rob Housler Vs Colts
Witten easily for me.
Quote:
WR
Rod Streater Vs Titans
Brian Hartline Vs Panthers
Fakk! Going against the #1 & #2 DEFs for fantasy WRs in my league. I have both rated ~same. Gun to head I think Hartline because of higher number of targets.

Remember I'm no FF expert, but I did stay here...

So go with your gut & good luck.
Old 11-21-2013   #139
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Witten easily for me.

Fakk! Going against the #1 & #2 DEFs for fantasy WRs in my league. I have both rated ~same. Gun to head I think Hartline because of higher number of targets.
Yeah i made some all or nothing trades with a receiver desprite team (we have (3) WR, (1) TE, and (1) flex. kinda wierd set-up)

Alshon Jeffery for Zac Stacy
Dwyane Bowe for Bobby Rainey

I still have Johnson, Josh Gordon, then slim picks for WR

So i left me a little short handed on reveivers but i have Chris Johnson and Lamar Miller for RB, i saw the trade as a high risk/high reward transaction but i think i came out on top
SCOTTexans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #140
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Miller is getting more targets as of late, and Ben is coming around. Browns 23rd against FF TEs scoring. Wright is a no for me.
At first blush I'd say Nicks for the matchup, but Boldin & White got 9 targets last week to Nicks' 5. Is Nicks injured? I think I'm choosing between Boldin/White and leaning Boldin.
Thank you. I just picked up Miller, and I am going with Boldin.

Let's hope I can pull out a W

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read