Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who wins division?
Houston Texans 129 88.36%
Indy Colts 14 9.59%
Nashville Titans 0 0%
Jacksonville Jaguars 3 2.05%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2013   #81
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who wins division?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I'm of the same mentality, I just don't see the production to go with all the hype.
Not to say Luck wasn't any good.
He had his several good moments, but so did the other guys.
Perhaps, they put too much on his plate.
It will be interesting to see if the Colts look to control the ball more this year with the addition of Ahmad Bradshaw at RB, Gosder Cherilus at RT, and Donald Thomas at LG. If these guys showed up, they can help Luck a great deal.
And Fleener, too.

That could make the Colts offense very dangerous.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #82
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Texans are building a dynasty. If Hopkins is real deal and we can resolve question marks at RT/ ILB/SS and NT and we should, this could be a remarkable season. Our depth is going to be very good.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #83
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Not to say Luck wasn't any good.
He had his several good moments, but so did the other guys.
Perhaps, they put too much on his plate.
It will be interesting to see if the Colts look to control the ball more this year with the addition of Ahmad Bradshaw at RB, Gosder Cherilus at RT, and Donald Thomas at LG. If these guys showed up, they can help Luck a great deal.
And Fleener, too.

That could make the Colts offense very dangerous.
Luck'sclaim to fame is comeback wins. Those will tend to average out over a career. Luck is a good QB but not a great one, so far.

I'd much rather Lady Luck favor me in the SB (ala Eli Manning) than in the regular season (ala Andrew Luck). Too many excellent QB's have gone without a SB to make that the main criteria for judging QB's.
Old 11-12-2013   #84
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Haha. Suckers. I waited until now to vote and I voted Indy.

I win - 139 of you lose.
Old 11-12-2013   #85
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5174 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

that feel when i voted for the texans
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #86
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44848 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 11-12-2013   #87
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Hard not to take texans
What a fool
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #88
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

is it still even possible to win the divison at 9-7 INDY would have to obvs have a meltdown but HEY

There is still a 2% chance LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #89
Sigma
Veteran

Rep Power: 13130 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
It has been so obvious for so many years, you wonder why it's never investigated. I'm talking about somebody's ability to bribe officials in favor of the Colts. That's basically why I'm picking them to win.
looks to me they bribed the texans

the jags are not a problem

maybe the titans will pull off an upset ;D
Old 11-13-2013   #90
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Haha. Suckers. I waited until now to vote and I voted Indy.

I win - 139 of you lose.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #91
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The Astros by a large margin
I was close
Old 11-13-2013   #92
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
It figures a Colts fan would bump this thread.
Old 11-13-2013   #93
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It figures a Colts fan would bump this thread.
Yeah, it figures.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #94
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, it figures.

I picked the Colts waaaaay back, but decided to vote this morning. After I read a few articles that the Texans would have a so-so year in 2013, and not realizing how significant last season's fall from greatness was, I still had lingering thoughts that something wasn't quite right with Schaub. He really hurt the team with his performances, and it domino'ed throughout the remainder of the team.

The saddest fact is the other fans from our rivals are cheering our demise, yet do not realize that a strong division is best for us all. When you have a division like we have right now, with what I believe to be "Parity At It's Greatest", would you pass up even a good Jets/Patriots game to watch a Colts/Jags game? It all adds up to dollars and cents, and our division right now, is only equal to or less than the NFC East.
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #95
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Luck'sclaim to fame is comeback wins. Those will tend to average out over a career. Luck is a good QB but not a great one, so far.

I'd much rather Lady Luck favor me in the SB (ala Eli Manning) than in the regular season (ala Andrew Luck). Too many excellent QB's have gone without a SB to make that the main criteria for judging QB's.
I'm concerned he develops some bad habits & doesn't actually improve as a QB.
Old 11-15-2013   #96
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Of course, I went with the Texans. I think the Colts will give them a run for their money though.
I guess I will go with the Colts now.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #97
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah but I still think at the time I posted that we were looking very good. I will try to be more pessimistic.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read