Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013   #301
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Lol he was the Django of the Texans... Wade Phillips was the German friend.
Where was all this hate when Stevens was cut? You race baiters are awful silent when a white biy gets cut or demoted. Or were you silent because Stevens sucked azz at his position?
Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0j2dVuhr6s

I guess nobody in the FO could speak Ed Reed''s jive. Must be a white wing conspiracy to have him removed (obviously Rick Smith is an Uncle Tom). Holdin' a brother down!!!! Couldn't have a damn thing to do with stinking it up on the field and being a waste of a roster spot.
Old 11-12-2013   #302
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I put Smith and Andre Johnson in the same boat guys that are very important to the team and have big titles but are basically just doing what they are told versus saying or doing what they really want to do in their own minds that is best for the team. Lots don't believe that I just know that this is the kind of program the texans run. I respect Andre, Watt, Cushing, Foster... heck even Ed Reed but to ultimately win the super bowl or at least get their we have to get rid of this program for good. Start doing championship things...
I wish you would use grammar and punctuation. It makes reading responses much more clear and easier to read.
Old 11-12-2013   #303
maddogmrb
Veteran

Rep Power: 5153 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Reed was brought in to provide leadership to the secondary leading up to and in the playoffs. Since the playoffs are no longer a possibility he is no longer needed.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #304
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
Reed was brought in to provide leadership to the secondary leading up to and in the playoffs. Since the playoffs are no longer a possibility he is no longer needed.
And he obviously provided precious little leadership.
Old 11-12-2013   #305
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I wish you would use grammar and punctuation. It makes reading responses much more clear and easier to read.
I type on here as if I'm texting. I'm actually on my cell phone. I hope I'm wrong. It would be cool to see the texans win but Houston is one of four cities to have never had a nfl football team in the super bowl. It's sad but in my opinion I'm telling you why. Not necessarily racism it's moreso the way they do business within the organization. To me it's just not right or even championship minded.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #306
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He tried but Ray Lewis always led that ravens team Reed was just a voice that was respected. You probably know that I'm sure. Texans brought him in and he ended up being the voice... Texans ended up not respecting it because the truth either comforts or offends. I'm comforted by his words. Been waiting to here someone say this for years but I didn't want it to be Ed Reed.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #307
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I type on here as if I'm texting. I'm actually on my cell phone. I hope I'm wrong. It would be cool to see the texans win but Houston is one of four cities to have never had a nfl football team in the super bowl. It's sad but in my opinion I'm telling you why. Not necessarily racism it's moreso the way they do business within the organization. To me it's just not right or even championship minded.
But you only emphasize the racial aspects of events.

If you honestly think that rich white guys care about the race of the guys actually winning them championships, you'd STFU!. All these rich white guys care about is winning. They'll gladly pay for the best athletes they can get, regardless of skin color. The NFL has to be around 85% black. Some white linemen and a scattering of whites at other positions.

Black culture is more more prevalent than any other in pro sports in the USA.

If there are problems in pro sports, maybe you should take a look at black culture.
Old 11-12-2013   #308
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
This forum has imploded even more spectacularly than the Texans' season, and that's saying something.
How eaxactly has the forum imploded.

Could it be that loyal fans are finally calling out the Texans after 8 yrs of ineptitude? Really going on 12 yrs of ineptitude. It seems as though BoB/Rick/Gary have really slow learning curves. Most have all been sniffing the fumes on the short bus.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #309
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Really? They didn't cut anyone contributing to the team, at all... I don't see any zero tolerance philosophy from that...

As a Cowboy fan in the Jimmy Johnson era- Jimmy gave a lot of rope to quality players (which has been well documented). However, when a mediocre player or non-essential player screwed up, he dumped him immediately.

The Texans clearly have a different talent acquisition policy than that Cowboy team did (prioritizing character more highly). However, I don't see any sign that they are less tolerant or more reactionary to players on the team. Maybe his comments were an excuse to cut dead weight... But, dead weight is dead weight. They tolerated Dunta Robinson until he was utterly worthless. They have handled Antonio Smith throughout the five years of his contract. Pollard was vocal as well and the Texans didn't cut him during a season and only let him go after his atrocious on field performance throughout 2010.
You're right about the Jimmy era. He put up with players drug/alcohol/prostitue fun loving ways. As long as the team performed on Sunday's. With Jimmy winning always came 1st. Jimmy told his 1st wife that he was all football 24/7 and if she couldn't handle that then she needed to leave. That's what I call comittment to winning. Could you see Rick/Gary making that kind of comittment? Guess what Belichick/Payton/Harbaughs etc... have that 24/7 kind of comittment.

As far as cutting Reed, tell that to Jameel Cook/ Winston/the 3 rookies rookies that got cut/anybody that dared to speak out against Marciano etc....

Reed came from a winning org, he knows what it takes to win at the highest level. A level Texan fans can only dream about the team achieving. Tell me what was untrue about what Reed said.

Meanwhile, Coach Joe and Fat Randy despite doing more to ruin the Texans season than Reed ever could have, still are employed by the Texans.

Reed was just telling the fans what they should already kow, I've played for winning orgs/coaches and the Texans org/coaches are losers.
Old 11-12-2013   #310
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wow Texans are building a case when it comes to how fast they can release black players versus white players just sayin...

How have you been doing Dex?
Old 11-12-2013   #311
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21706 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know he seems to have developed some mental toughness for Smubiak. They've now started cutting players in the middle of the season.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #312
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
How have you been doing Dex?
I save what I have to say on such topics for the No Spin Zone. I've been good, by the way.
Old 11-12-2013   #313
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I save what I have to say on such topics for the No Spin Zone. I've been good, by the way.
I was just pulling his chain.

Good to hear from you, hope all is well.

Are you going to update your sig?
Old 11-13-2013   #314
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Randy Bullock has arguably played better than Ed Reed did.
At least he kicks off well, Reed does nothing well..... Except complain.
Old 11-13-2013   #315
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I think there is more to it as well. If JJ Watt said we were outplayed and outcoached he would still be a Texan the next day. They cut Reed for performance IMO.
Then they should cut a lot of other people based on performance. reed was cut because he spoke the truth. The Texans are sorry.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #316
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

What an absolute joke this franchise has become. This was a bad signing from the start and now you cut the guy in the middle of a doomed season - causing even more distractions and building more drama. Instead of talking about the Raiders today, every player is going to be bombarded with questions about Reed...not what we needed right now.
Old 11-13-2013   #317
Sigma
Veteran

Rep Power: 13130 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
What an absolute joke this franchise has become. This was a bad signing from the start and now you cut the guy in the middle of a doomed season - causing even more distractions and building more drama. Instead of talking about the Raiders today, every player is going to be bombarded with questions about Reed...not what we needed right now.
I will never understand all this cap mess, does releasing him now allow us to lose less money rather than releasing him in the offseason?
Old 11-13-2013   #318
Sigma
Veteran

Rep Power: 13130 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
At least he kicks off well, Reed does nothing well..... Except complain.
you can say Ed Reed got a pretty good kick-off right there
Old 11-13-2013   #319
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
I will never understand all this cap mess, does releasing him now allow us to lose less money rather than releasing him in the offseason?
He reportedly had a $62,500 bonus for each game he was on the 46 man active roster ($1,000,000 for a 16 game season), so yes, assuming he would have been healthy and on the active roster the remainder of the season, they save $437,500 in cap money by releasing him.
Old 11-13-2013   #320
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I was just pulling his chain.

Good to hear from you, hope all is well.

Are you going to update your sig?
Seems like I was quite the prognosticator by NOT changing it. The good seasons seem to me more of the anomaly with this regime, rather than treading mediocrity and seeking to have continual "always next year"-type seasons.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read