Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013   #261
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
They didn't cut Reed because of his play, they cut him because he spoke out and said the got damned truth! This team has been seriously out coached this entire season.
I could get with that if Reed had come out and said the Texans were outcoached because they decided to sign and play an old, slow, washed up, gimp hipped, sorry ass safety. If he had said those words, then I'd be all about him telling the truth.
Old 11-12-2013   #262
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116054 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I could get with that if Reed had come out and said the Texans were outcoached because they decided to sign and play an old, slow, washed up, gimp hipped, sorry ass safety. If he had said those words, then I'd be all about him telling the truth.
Has this team been out coached? yes or no.

Hate Ed and all his production but he told the truth. If you cant see then you don't understand the game period.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #263
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Has this team been out coached? yes or no.
I already said - every time they put Ed Reed on the field. Or hired him.
Old 11-12-2013   #264
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a combo of both.. Talked the talk...then someone younger and cheaper was doing as good as he. So cut bait. If Texans had a good record they would have talked privately and kept him around for veteran support. But defense is sucking And team out of contention..sooo lets clear salary cap early
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #265
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116054 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I already said - every time they put Ed Reed on the field. Or hired him.
Why do you keep mentioning that? They have been out coached, out classed and pretty much just outed all damn season long. Blame Ed Reed all you want but my point stands: he spoke the truth and some of you just don't want to hear it

This franchise is **** at this point
Old 11-12-2013   #266
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why do you keep mentioning that? They have been out coached, out classed and pretty much just outed all damn season long. Blame Ed Reed all you want but my point stands: he spoke the truth and some of you just don't want to hear it

This franchise is **** at this point
Ed Reed did speak the truth. That doesn't mean it wasn't a good idea to cut him.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #267
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Wow Texans are building a case when it comes to how fast they can release black players versus white players just sayin...
Is that you Malcom?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #268
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

This forum has imploded even more spectacularly than the Texans' season, and that's saying something.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #269
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Why do you keep mentioning that?
Was it a good coaching decision to hire Ed Reed? Yes or no?

Was it a good coaching decision to play Ed Reed? Yes or no?

When you answer those, you'll understand why I keep bringing it up. This team has been outcoached in part BECAUSE OF Ed Reed. So yeah, he spoke the truth. I just fail to see how that puts him above the fray in your eyes. Hell, firing his slow, decrepit, no hip having, sorry ass is the second best coaching decision the Texans have made this year. So maybe they're finally on the right track.
Old 11-12-2013   #270
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
According to justtxyank at clutchfans, credible insider, the way they handled the reed situation was not pretty and the football operations side along with Kubiak are in serious trouble, according to his source.
So the janitor has been outed??

Old 11-12-2013   #271
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

When you answer those, you'll understand why I keep bringing it up. This team has been outcoached in part BECAUSE OF Ed Reed. So yeah, he spoke the truth. I just fail to see how that puts him above the fray in your eyes. Hell, firing his slow, decrepit, no hip having, sorry ass is the second best coaching decision the Texans have made this year. So maybe they're finally on the right track.
I was ok with the reed signing ESP after drafting DJ. I looked as reed as someone that could bring experience to a defense that will go up against Manning and Brady in the playoffs. That is when things count

However. Our defense sucks beside Watt and can't generate a pass rush worth ****. So without a pass rush. We see what is happening to JJo and KJ and rest of the crew
Old 11-12-2013   #272
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Ed Reed did speak the truth. That doesn't mean it wasn't a good idea to cut him.
I never said it wasn't. Go re read my first post in this matter.

Quote:

Same here: go re read my original post. It doesn't put him above it but I DO have huge issues with people acting like "oh its about time he sucks!". He spoke the truth and got cut because of it yet Schaub, Marciano, Newton, Kubiak, Philips, fat kicker, Reed/Mercilus,.....(need I keep going?) just get a damn pass.

The ownership of this team ahs the wool pulled over peoples eyes and you devour the slop they put in front of you, thank them and then ask for seconds.
Old 11-12-2013   #273
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I was ok with the reed signing ESP after drafting DJ.
I wanted DJ Swearinger in the draft before we ever let Quin go. I was against the Ed Reed signing from the start. I thought Quin was a good player that should have been retained, or at least have his departure planned for by drafting a safety the year before or something. Ed Reed was his replacement plan. IMO at the time, it didn't take a genius to figure out that was going to suck.
Old 11-12-2013   #274
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Agreed.

And also, right before saying that he said that the team played well but in "certain situations we were outplayed and out coached"

It can't be because of that statement. There has to be more to it because that is nothing.
Agree for sure. Something here doesn't pass the smell test. I'm on record along with several others as saying this was another A. Green signing which McNair said we wouldn't ever do again and then he championed the chasing of Reed. Consistency? I think not.

go texans?

Old 11-12-2013   #275
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
[b]Wow Texans are building a case when it comes to how fast they can release black players versus white players just sayin[b]...
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
RICK SMITH IS RACIST AGAINST BLA...

Never mind, carry on. Just sayin...

Really??? REALLY?????

WOW Wow to the bolded!! That's pretty much one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen!

There were some other responses to cstyles posts that I wanted to quote but couldn't find them.....

*EDIT*

EFF ME!! Apparently I've been so absentee that I don't remember how to "bold" someone's quote!! FML!

Bill!!
Old 11-12-2013   #276
Naija Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 945 Naija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, to me this move makes the Texans coaches look worst then Reed.

His comment wasn't exactly a grievous insult and most real fans knew he was right, even if they didn't like him being the one to say it. The fact that they cut him a day or two after saying something slightly inflammatory, seems like either they couldn't take criticism (despite it being warranted with how this team has collapsed) or they are trying to appear tough with a move that seems bold on paper but is really just flaccid.

Meanwhile Brice McCain is likely to start for us if either Jonathan Joseph or Kareem Jackson get hurt... February can't come soon enough.
Naija Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #277
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
I wanted DJ Swearinger in the draft before we ever let Quin go. I was against the Ed Reed signing from the start. I thought Quin was a good player that should have been retained, or at least have his departure planned for by drafting a safety the year before or something. Ed Reed was his replacement plan. IMO at the time, it didn't take a genius to figure out that was going to suck.
Like I mentioned. Good or bad. I figured he was brought in short term as an answer to Brady and manning. that was all, plus obviously Watts greatest season ever as a. 3-4 DE hid a lot of our defensive weaknesses that McNair, the coaches, and the fans didn't see what was coming this season
Old 11-12-2013   #278
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
They aren't leaders... they want to win but they don't hold any weight on the head coach or owner.
Surely Cush does. He's white.

Old 11-12-2013   #279
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Really??? REALLY?????

WOW Wow to the bolded!! That's pretty much one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen!

There were some other responses to cstyles posts that I wanted to quote but couldn't find them.....

*EDIT*

EFF ME!! Apparently I've been so absentee that I don't remember how to "bold" someone's quote!! FML!

Bill!!
Lol. I'm fairly certain both posters were bs'ing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #280
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Really??? REALLY?????

*EDIT*

Bill!!
It sounds crazy now but so did Schaub sucks 5 years ago... 5 years from now everyone will know. At the end of the season the people that are really the problem like Schaub, Kubiak, Special teams coach and Kicker will be cut with class not in middle of the season like Reed, Jefferson, Wood, Montgomery and Dobbins. Only thing that makes sense is to bring up how the salary cap would be affected by each guy. Maybe that's just how the cards fell. It would have been better to just get rid of everyone at the end of the season but it's Bob's club not mine.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read