Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-12-2013   #21
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hindsight for Jerry Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I constantly heard all the crap about how the Cowboys are a real football team and the Oilers weren't $hit.
With the benefit of the aforementioned hindsight it's pretty clear they were correct.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #22
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Most Cowboy fans disagree with you. I guess they are acting out of jealousy as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
No, like you they are acting out of stupidity, because like you they are brainwashed into believing the lies...
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I feel proud and honored that TexansTalk has the only intelligent Dallas Cowboys fan as a member.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #23
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Why Tom Landry died a Giants fan

Tom Landry died a … Giants fan!

Yes, according to the widow of the legendary Cowboys coach who says in a new book that Landry was so disgusted by Jerry Jones’ treatment of him during and after his 1989 firing that he spent the rest of his life rooting for Big Blue instead of America’s Team.

Source
Quote:
Alicia Landry claims that, shortly after the coach was dismissed, Jones confiscated the luxury suite the Landry family had been given free by Murchison when Texas Stadium was constructed in 1971.

Shortly afterward, the book says, Landry’s eldest son was informed he would no longer be able to buy the six season tickets at the 50-yard line that he had purchased every year the stadium was open.
Classy move, Cowboys.

Old 06-07-2014   #24
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Reversing field? Jerry Jones says it WAS hard to pass on Johnny Manziel
Quote:
Question: Did you say a second ago that was a really hard decision about Johnny Manziel?

Jerry Jones: "Well, it was. Yes, it was. First of all, I couldn't believe he had fallen there. And secondly, we had spent a lot of time, I'd spent a lot of time. He's the kind of player that can be that kind of difference-maker. There's no doubt in my mind that he'll be a successful player. We have in Romo what I consider to be the better quarterback. But there's also the future, there's also insurance if you don't have him. If anybody could have adjusted to Manziel's style, we could have because we're a lot like that with Romo."

Seems like an about face.

Here are some Jerry Jones quotes from previous Dallas Morning News stories on the subject:
"The fact that we got Romo more production with that quality of player, took any of the positives (away from drafting Manziel). There's no way any quarterback comes in here and beats out Tony Romo."

“Flair, flash, show business was never a consideration here.”

"We didn’t spend a lot of time in this draft considering Manziel. We have a big commitment to Tony. We feel that anything we look at with quarterback would be down the road, in the future with a quarterback."

“He’s (Manziel) got a chance to knock it out of the park. We all know this. He’s not just a quarterback, he’s a celebrity. He’s Elvis Presley. But at the end of the day, there’s no way we are going to be without [Tony] Romo for four or five or six years.”

“As you well know in here, Romo is by contract as well as by commitment is certainly the quarterback for the Cowboys for several years to come. There is no moving around that. I don’t care who you draft, that’s the way it would have been. That was going through our minds from the get-go. That’s why we didn’t spend a lot of time at all in this draft considering Manziel.”

“I’m not that gunned up by what a rookie quarterback can do for us this year. That takes times. This isn’t rebuilding time. As we look down the future, yes, but for coming in here and helping us win games right now, those odds are too far for me to get excited about. In my view, our best shot is a healthy Tony Romo.’’
Jones, a University of Arkansas graduate, also had a surprising response when asked about the the Razorbacks' game against Texas A&M returning to AT&T Stadium next season.

Here's a tweet from Robbie Neiswanger, who's listed on his Twitter page as being a sports writer covering the Razorbacks for the Arkansas News Bureau/Stephens Media.
Quote:
Jones: "Nothing has made me prouder with the Cowboys, or anything .. than to know the Arkansas Razorbacks are playing in that stadium."
— Robbie Neiswanger (@NWARobbie) June 6, 2014
Wow! Who knew? Gotta love Jerry being true to his school and his admiration for Broyles, but you'd think those three Super Bowl wins and having a $1.2 billion stadium would have ranked a little higher.
Had Manziel been a Razorback, Jerruh would've draft him...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read