Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013   #121
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Late to the party, but I guess Swearinger's play is what ultimately justified the move.

Sorry to see you go, Ed. Would have liked to have seen you win another ring with Andre.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #122
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Coloring outside the lines? How many companies have you worked for that you could publicly blast your boss? For most jobs in this world its 0 add to that you suck at your job that number comes closer to 0 if it wasnt already
Man, if you can't take a little criticism you gotta get some stones. This goose-step or the highway type thin skin isn't very flattering.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #123
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Late to the party, but I guess Swearinger's play is what ultimately justified the move.

Sorry to see you go, Ed. Would have liked to have seen you win another ring with Andre.
Keo beat him out.

Old 11-12-2013   #124
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

His release should make the players more mentally tough, at least voicing conerns to media.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #125
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Keo beat him out.
Yeah, but Swearinger was drafted in spite of signing Reed.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #126
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

The Coaching seat is getting hot.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #127
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't see what the problem is with this.

If I'm a coach, I don't want players that I have problems with on my team. This isn't just football, it's the same in business situations or wherever you have a group of people working toward a common goal. If you've got people who are working against you, get them out of the group.
2-7 reaching the common goal?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #128
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man, if you can't take a little criticism you gotta get some stones. This goose-step or the highway type thin skin isn't very flattering.

Again who have you worked for that you can bad mouth your boss or company and get away with it? A little criticism? Get out of here with that. In an employer/employee relationship its never going to go well for the employee
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #129
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
most cynical, superficial off-season singing ever....well, at least since Ahman Green.
If you think that singing is cynical and superficial, you should hear mine. I like the move.
Old 11-12-2013   #130
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Again who have you worked for that you can bad mouth your boss or company and get away with it? A little criticism? Get out of here with that. In an employer/employee relationship its never going to go well for the employee
I've always been able to criticize my superior's strategy. Perhaps I've only worked for smart, secure people.

Old 11-12-2013   #131
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Yeah, but Swearinger was drafted in spite of signing Reed.
Except that Swag plays SS not FS
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #132
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've always been able to criticize my superior's strategy. Perhaps I've only worked for smart, secure people.

Publicly? Lets stop being so obtuse here

edit: Lets also add in this, did you suck at your job? Did you get paid millions to suck?
Old 11-12-2013   #133
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Quote:
Publicly? Lets stop being so obtuse here
Perhaps you are just too used to Government work.

Old 11-12-2013   #134
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

This team is starting to get a Jerry Jones kind of vibe to it. What a mess.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #135
bigmck
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck

I was in my truck and heard a teaser on my station. "A future Hall of Famer is cut by the Texans today. Details at noon." == My first thoughts, "Why did they cut Andre Johnson, why would they do that." It was five minutes before I realized who it was.
bigmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #136
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Man this organization gets more pussified by the minute. Finally a player has the balls to call this organization out on how trash they've been and they're to butt hurt to take it so they release the guy. Meanwhile, Bulluck and Marciano are still on this team since they are good little boys who dont speak bad about management.

The Texans needed a cancerish player at this point to call out the team. That's been the problem here for 8 years. No accountability from the owner, to the GM, to the coach, and to the fans.

I guess that management is going to use Reed as a scapegoat now and Many fans will buy into it and be sympathetic towards this coaching staff. Lol!

Thanks EdReed for being the only player on this team in 8 years to havsay things like they are.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #137
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Perhaps you are just too used to Government work.

Ive never worked for the government so Im not sure where your thoughts are going. If you sucked, made lots of money it would not serve you well to publicly bad mouth your boss no matter what company you worked for. Continue your absurd thought process and detachment from reality if you wish
Old 11-12-2013   #138
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I may have this wrong since I'm multitasking....but Seth Payne was talking about Reed complaining that the coaches were not listening to him a bit ago on the radio.
No, you're right. Actually it was John McClain that said it I believe. Reed said no one wanted to listen to him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #139
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn. What if AJ or JJ said these things? I know they wouldn't. But what if they did? Would they cut them too?
Old 11-12-2013   #140
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
C'mon, man, pro football is a business unlike most.

When the owner of the team comes out and basically says they are signing a veteran player to teach the rest of the team mental toughness, are you really believing a pro football franchise is just like Exxon or Walmart or wherever?

"[W]e have the opportunity to bring in someone that can add a dimension to our team that really, really feels a need that we have. Its not often that we have that opportunity. Weve talked before about the fact that as we get into the playoffs, we have to have that level of mental toughness that will allow us to handle the increased pressures that are taking places in that point in time. In order to do that, we need to have veteran leadership on the field."
~ Bob McNair

So that whole leadership angle was only valid if he was going to tow the company line?

This is a sinking ship, but they want to act like it's all sunshine and rainbows on Kirby. Give me a break. We've seen this before, and it's just sprinkles on a dog turd. It's not brownie. It's sprinkle covered poo.

I hope Ed comes out and lays it bare now that he's got nothing to lose. This FO needs to be blown up and replaced. Going from a playoff season to 2-7 is pathetic. No more excuses for status quo.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read