Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013   #101
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I'm glad they made the move, but the only problem now is that he is going to probably blab about what a horrible organization this is and talk mad sh!t and embarrass the city, and everything he says will be believed because he's a HOF'er and the Texans are 2 and 7.

I wonder if we could pay him another million to sign a non disclosure agreement.

Watch the Patriots pick him up, pay him vet min and then he'll play lights out 10 picks, and. SB Ring, would be the icing on the cake for this season.
And if that happens it proves his point about our coaching
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #102
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
1. It doesn't make a difference in the longrun.
The only long run difference it will make is that he reportedly got a $62,500 per game roster bonus for being on the 46 man active roster. I'm pretty sure that would have been considered a likely to be earned incentive, so the $437,500 that he could have earned over the final 7 games (along with $125,000 he didn't earn for the two games he was inactive to start the season) will be credited to next years cap amount.
Old 11-12-2013   #103
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I can't help but notice that any player that has spoken against the interests of the organization does not stick around another year.

Eric Winston and DeMeco Ryans were representatives in the players union during the lockout. Kris Brown ratted out Kubiak about practices. Then there's "Pay Me Rick" Robinson.

Sure, each one may have written their own ticket out of town, but the FO didn't put any effort into retaining them. This may be tinfoil hat territory, but it's a pattern. Has any player at odds with the coaches or Smith been retained even for one year?
Ben Tate, maybe. I've always felt like he and Kubiak do not get along.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #104
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Players shouldn't come out and blast the coaches or other players - especially when their coach already deflects the vast majority of the blame on himself to begin with. Its on me Matt threw a pick 6 4 weeks in a row , Its on me Ed Reed cant tackle. Its on me Hopkins fumbled in the red zone.

Blaming others doesn't solve anything. Throwing it out there for the media to kick around doesn't do anyone any favors either.

You keep your troubles in house .... got a problem take it to the coach , not the media.
Somebody had to say it. What do we have to lose this year? Honestly, this is the best thing Ed Reed could do for this team because it helps chip away at Kubiak's sterling image in that organization. This team is going nowhere with this front office and coaching, we need more implosions like this to get the ball rolling to axe these guys. I hope someone like Antonio Smith echoes the same sentiment in the future.

The leadership on this team has consistently shown us a lack of accountability for players' performance, and Kubiak especially has shown a stubbornness to make the appropriate changes to put this team in a better position. I don't care how many times Kubiak says "it's on me", that doesn't help this team win. I want a coach who is willing to pull starters who suck, I want a coach who gets in the player's faces when they mess up, I want a coach who is willing to change his game plan (scripted or otherwise), when it is clearly not working. Find me a coach who demands excellence from his players every single week, because I don't think we have that now, on either side of the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I thought it was a horrible signing when we brought him in and have no problem with seeing him gone. It's the matter in which it went about that gets me. The FO is basically telling players that they can suck as long as they toe the company line.
^ this.
Old 11-12-2013   #105
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad they made the move, too.

Ed Reed was pissed off because he wasn't getting as many snaps as he thought he should. But, jeez, he's been terrible since he got here. He shouldn't have been on the field at all... ever.

Someone said that Bullock cost us more games and I'm not entirely sure that's the case.

So Ed Reed gets his feelings hurt because of his lack of playing time so he starts talking about the coaching? Hell yes he needs to be cut.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #106
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 16m

#Texans cut 6th rd pick Chris Jones. has 5 sacks in 6 games wt Pats. Only Texan with more, J.J. Watt (6.5). Oh and Ed Reed was released

ouch
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #107
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 51498 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Randy Bullock has cost us more games than Ed Reed.
If we'd spent the the Reed money on Quin then we'd be in way better shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #108
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Ed Reed was terminated because he wouldn't take the steel blue pill of bliss. There is no spoon.
I wont dispute that .... but he still shouldn't be taking the teams dirty laundry to the media. He definitely wasn't part of the solution ... more a part of the problem.

His deception in the FA process was a classless greedy act , his play did nothing to help the team and now I get the idea this was a self serving calculated move by Reed to get out of town and sign elsewhere for the rest of the season , somewhere he draws a playoff check ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #109
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Does Ed get to take his letterman jacket with him? Either way, guess old Ed isn't Texan worthy.
At this point in his career Ed Reed isn't even NFL worthy... good riddance.

He took the Texans for a ride and scammed them out of one last pay day. I've said it before, Ed Reed showed up to collect his check holding a gun and wearing a ski mask.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #110
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it curious that Reed gets cut when Kubiak returns from his short absence. I wonder if he was told to cut him or who's idea this was.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #111
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
The only long run difference it will make is that he reportedly got a $62,500 per game roster bonus for being on the 46 man active roster. I'm pretty sure that would have been considered a likely to be earned incentive, so the $437,500 that he could have earned over the final 7 games (along with $125,000 he didn't earn for the two games he was inactive to start the season) will be credited to next years cap amount.
If the total caphit for Ed Reed is the same, then it doesn't really matter in the longrun because cap rollover will mean we still have the same amount of money to work with. That is assuming we rollover all the extra cap space from this year.
Old 11-12-2013   #112
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wont dispute that .... but he still shouldn't be taking the teams dirty laundry to the media. He definitely wasn't part of the solution ... more a part of the problem.

His deception in the FA process was a classless greedy act , his play did nothing to help the team and now I get the idea this was a self serving calculated move by Reed to get out of town and sign elsewhere for the rest of the season , somewhere he draws a playoff check ....
Looks to me that the Texans are intolerant of a little outside the lines coloring. Kubiak being out, Keo replacing Reed when Kubiak out....who's calling the shots here?

Old 11-12-2013   #113
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Somebody had to say it. What do we have to lose this year? Honestly, this is the best thing Ed Reed could do for this team because it helps chip away at Kubiak's sterling image in that organization. This team is going nowhere with this front office and coaching, we need more implosions like this to get the ball rolling to axe these guys. I hope someone like Antonio Smith echoes the same sentiment in the future.

The leadership on this team has consistently shown us a lack of accountability for players' performance, and Kubiak especially has shown a stubbornness to make the appropriate changes to put this team in a better position. I don't care how many times Kubiak says "it's on me", that doesn't help this team win. I want a coach who is willing to pull starters who suck, I want a coach who gets in the player's faces when they mess up, I want a coach who is willing to change his game plan (scripted or otherwise), when it is clearly not working. Find me a coach who demands excellence from his players every single week, because I don't think we have that now, on either side of the ball.

^ this.

Did they have to say it to the media or could they have kept the dirty laundry in house - Take it to Kubiak himself , take it to McNair .... You don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

He did pull this starter .... who sucked. And that is probably why this sh!t went to the media.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #114
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
This basically. Just tow the company line and you'll be fine, but don't speak out and make logical points against the staff or chop-chop.

I guess they just didn't like that he said it in public.

And because he's been terrible
^^^^
This

Is why the Rick/Gary regime should be fired.

Contrast that to why Coach Joe and Fat Randy still have jobs? Rick/Gary playing favorite and BoB's rule, dont dare speak a word bad about how bad the inner working of the Texans org really is. If fans know what's really going on behind the scenes then they could turn against the org. BoB cant have that, it's bad for business.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #115
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I can't help but notice that any player that has spoken against the interests of the organization does not stick around another year.

Eric Winston and DeMeco Ryans were representatives in the players union during the lockout. Kris Brown ratted out Kubiak about practices. Then there's "Pay Me Rick" Robinson.

Sure, each one may have written their own ticket out of town, but the FO didn't put any effort into retaining them. This may be tinfoil hat territory, but it's a pattern. Has any player at odds with the coaches or Smith been retained even for one year?
I don't see what the problem is with this.

If I'm a coach, I don't want players that I have problems with on my team. This isn't just football, it's the same in business situations or wherever you have a group of people working toward a common goal. If you've got people who are working against you, get them out of the group.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #116
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Did they have to say it to the media or could they have kept the dirty laundry in house - Take it to Kubiak himself , take it to McNair .... You don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

He did pull this starter .... who sucked. And that is probably why this sh!t went to the media.
I may have this wrong since I'm multitasking....but Seth Payne was talking about Reed complaining that the coaches were not listening to him a bit ago on the radio.

Old 11-12-2013   #117
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Rick Smith gets a lot of hate on this board, but the good thing about him is that he's got no qualms about swinging the axe.
Yep, Rick swings the axe when Gary says, "Swing the axe Rick."
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #118
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Looks to me that the Texans are intolerant of a little outside the lines coloring. Kubiak being out, Keo replacing Reed when Kubiak out....who's calling the shots here?

Coloring outside the lines? How many companies have you worked for that you could publicly blast your boss? For most jobs in this world its 0 add to that you suck at your job that number comes closer to 0 if it wasnt already
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #119
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

If Ed were still in his prime, he could get away with it. Shockey said the same exact thing a few years ago, and Coughlin had to suck it up and keep him.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #120
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Never in a million years did I see this kind of season coming for you guys. Its almost insane when you go back and read this...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview13/team/_/name/hou

then shoot forward to today...

Man...

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read