Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013   #81
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearkat Texan View Post
To me this seems petty...you can miss a ton of FG's and you can keep your job...

So fall in line you get to stay but act out your gone
Happens all the time. Not sure why you are surprised. I'm not happy with Fat Randy either, but if Bullock's performance was on par with Reed's he would be missing 30-yard FG's because the kick was short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
This reeks of either Smith trying to save his job or Kubiak. Its gonna get nasty.
I agree. I think both could be singing "Two Tickets To Paradise" after this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Alright, now I'm pissed. I don't care that the guy was at the bottom of the league in safety play. You had a leader with championship experience put into words the very issues that have become obvious to attentive fans, and instead of sitting him down and maybe learning something from him you trashcan him. The money was already paid... why not utilize the only tool he had left -- his brain.

This tells me Wade is intransigent in his play calling and lack of adjustments. And it sends the message to vets to keep their mouths shut or get cut. That contributes to a leadership void.
IMO Reed didn't mean a thing to this team. He simply brought nothing to the table. The hired gun forgot to bring his bullets and everybody knew it.
Old 11-12-2013   #82
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
I bet he signs with a contender. And is playing in New Jersey come February.
In which case they'll no longer be a contender.
Old 11-12-2013   #83
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91652 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The rest of this years salary and another $1.333m that would have gone on next years but should now be on this years cap.
The $1.333M (along with another $1.333M) will all hit next years cap. Any unamortized bonus for a player cut (or traded for that matter) after June 1 of the league year gets fully recognized in the following league year.
Old 11-12-2013   #84
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
[/b]

Even if he was correct?

We have been saying for years this team is outcoached - almost every game.
Even if he was correct.

Kubiak has been outcoached but if one of the players said something to the degree of "Matt Schaub sucks" or If Arian Foster said the line isn't doing it's job, would you consider that being ok?

Just because everyone knows it doesn't mean it needs to be said by their colleagues.

Keep the appearance of unity on the outside.
Old 11-12-2013   #85
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Let's spread the rumor that Bullock is saying we were outcoached and that he's being bullied by McNair's Son.
I heard Derek Newton complaining about the coaching as well.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #86
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Should have kept Glover Quin.
Old 11-12-2013   #87
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Memo sent today:

Let that be a lesson to the rest of you that speaking your mind is not acceptable in this club. We want you to tell the media how well your coaches prepare you, and how you would run through a brick wall for them. Your coaches work hard to prepare you every week to consistently be close to winning, and they deserve your adoration and respect. Next time someone asks you about this team in the postgame, say you love "Coach Kubes" cause the media loves nicknames.

If we lose, be sure to blame abstract things like "they played a better game" or "not wanting it enough." We can't have dissent in the lockerroom, or it might lead to even more losses. Clearly Mr. Reed was not a team player, as evidenced by his comments the other day. He was a cancer, and is the reason we lost all these games. His undermining nature and pride have taken this team from Super Bowl contender to basement dweller. Now that we have that bit taken care of, you can bet this team will be in the playoffs next year. Soldier on good men, for next year Kubiak, Wade and Marciano will lead us to the promised land!
Players shouldn't come out and blast the coaches or other players - especially when their coach already deflects the vast majority of the blame on himself to begin with. Its on me Matt threw a pick 6 4 weeks in a row , Its on me Ed Reed cant tackle. Its on me Hopkins fumbled in the red zone.

Blaming others doesn't solve anything. Throwing it out there for the media to kick around doesn't do anyone any favors either.

You keep your troubles in house .... got a problem take it to the coach , not the media.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #88
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever. This team is ****ed anyways.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #89
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
A couple things beyond the frustration of a gamble that really, really did not payoff this off-season:

1. They are getting him off the books now- instead of taking the hit next season, which is great.

2. This should also have a positive impact on the compensatory draft pick formula... Performance impacts the equation somehow. And, I'm sure being cut and only starting a couple games will lessen his value when the picks are rewarded to the Texans for the signings of: Barwin, Casey, Quin, Ball, Forsett, .

It's the best move the Texans could have made at this point... I'm glad they are willing to admit a mistake this quickly, at least- instead of keeping him around and attempting to justify it or hide it.
1. It doesn't make a difference in the longrun.

2. It might reduce his valuation, but it's really an unknown. Snap counts seem to have an effect on it, so I guess this will reduce that. It's not like he was gonna get all-pro or probowl honors this year anyways. His contract is still big, and will likely cancel out either Quin or Barwin's.

This was a retaliation move, no question. You can't talk bad about the coaches, no matter how obviously inept they are. It's the same as talking crap about your boss in the real world. If they have power over you, don't be surprised to see them exert it when you piss them off. This was absolutely not an accountability or performance move.

I just want to reiterate that THIS WAS NOT AN ACCOUNTABILITY MOVE!
Old 11-12-2013   #90
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I heard Derek Newton complaining about the coaching as well.
Even more egregious was Newton saying that he though battle red was fugly.

We need to take the message to where it counts! Twitter, of course.
Old 11-12-2013   #91
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Practical decision. They had paid a premium for damaged goods whose only prospect was souring the locker room.

No upside, demonstrable liability.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #92
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Players shouldn't come out and blast the coaches or other players - especially when their coach already deflects the vast majority of the blame on himself to begin with. Its on me Matt threw a pick 6 4 weeks in a row , Its on me Ed Reed cant tackle. Its on me Hopkins fumbled in the red zone.

Blaming others doesn't solve anything. Throwing it out there for the media to kick around doesn't do anyone any favors either.

You keep your troubles in house .... got a problem take it to the coach , not the media.
Ed Reed was terminated because he wouldn't take the steel blue pill of bliss. There is no spoon.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #93
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, this still brings up the issue of accountability by the FO and coaching staff.

Bullock plays poorly and we pretend to have a FA kicking try-out, but it was all basically a scare tactic.

Newton is god awful and still plays ahead of Ryan Harris.

Ed Reed played poorly and was benched.

Then you have the coaching.........

Marciano. Enough said.

Kubiak/Dennison halftime adjustments (or lack-thereof).

Point being, if you don't perform well at your job there is a 99% job you will keep it. If I'm Ed Reed I'm pissed at being benched too. Look at the mediocrity around you and you're the one who gets benched. Not to mention he's the only guy to come out and voice the opinion that the majority of the fanbase already has. We all thought it and, for me, it was nice to hear someone from inside actually acknowledge it.

I thought it was a horrible signing when we brought him in and have no problem with seeing him gone. It's the matter in which it went about that gets me. The FO is basically telling players that they can suck as long as they toe the company line.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #94
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

He hasn't been "great" all season, but I don't think Ed Reed is the main reason we lost 7 in a row. I get it you can be as mediocre as you want just don't question the mediocrity of the coaching...make sense.
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #95
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard marciano was saying he should coach the defense due to the fact his style of coaching always pins the offense inside the twenty.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #96
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Dead Reed laughing all the way to the bank...

Ed Reed
‏@TwentyER
Thanks to the Texans! And the City of Htown!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #97
clutch
Rookie

Rep Power: 960 clutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank god..we havnt won a game since he stepped on the field..here comes a 7 game winning streak...
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #98
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 33937 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad they made the move, but the only problem now is that he is going to probably blab about what a horrible organization this is and talk mad sh!t and embarrass the city, and everything he says will be believed because he's a HOF'er and the Texans are 2 and 7.

I wonder if we could pay him another million to sign a non disclosure agreement.

Watch the Patriots pick him up, pay him vet min and then he'll play lights out 10 picks, and. SB Ring, would be the icing on the cake for this season.
Old 11-12-2013   #99
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't help but notice that any player that has spoken against the interests of the organization does not stick around another year.

Eric Winston and DeMeco Ryans were representatives in the players union during the lockout. Kris Brown ratted out Kubiak about practices. Then there's "Pay Me Rick" Robinson.

Sure, each one may have written their own ticket out of town, but the FO didn't put any effort into retaining them. This may be tinfoil hat territory, but it's a pattern. Has any player at odds with the coaches or Smith been retained even for one year?
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #100
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I'm glad they made the move, but the only problem now is that he is going to probably blab about what a horrible organization this is and talk mad sh!t and embarrass the city, and everything he says will be believed because he's a HOF'er and the Texans are 2 and 7.

I wonder if we could pay him another million to sign a non disclosure agreement.

Watch the Patriots pick him up, pay him vet min and then he'll play lights out 10 picks, and. SB Ring, would be the icing on the cake for this season.
you want to pay to shut him up? This team doesn't need anyone to embarrass them since this is just more failure. They do a good job all by themselves.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read