Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-12-2013   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hindsight for Jerry Jones

"Speaking with the Dallas Morning News after Sunday’s loss, Jones admitted that the decision to fire Ryan isn’t looking too smart at the moment.
“We thought that it was best for us to go in the direction that we are and that doesn’t look good right now,” Jones told the paper.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/d...rts%3Aansfox11

Old 11-12-2013   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 248016 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hindsight for Jerry Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Hindsight for Jerry Jones
Now let's hear the one about how "we" thought it was a good idea the fire real pro football GMs and hire the owner as the team's GM, but that's not looking good...

Here's some hindsight for you, Jerruh...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the richest morons in the league. Way to throw your 97 year old DC under the bus, you tool.

Kiffin was an odd hiring anyway.....well, fitting for dullass
Old 11-12-2013   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
One of the richest morons in the league. Way to throw your 97 year old DC under the bus, you tool.

Kiffin was an odd hiring anyway.....well, fitting for dullass
Jon Gruden will be the next HC of the Cowgirls, Monte Kiffin DC.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #5
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess we could say he is the antithesis of Bob McNair.

Knee jerk owner as opposed to the patience of Job owner.

The boys have won more games than the Texans this year though.

And they won a super bowl forty years ago.

Old 11-12-2013   #6
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 28431 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

In all seriousness, I still can't understand why a Cowboys hater would care. I don't doubt that I'm wired differently, but there is only two other teams that I have a nice emotional interest, Texans and Vikings. Other than that I'm pretty indifferent. Certainly I wish losses for those in our division, and there are teams that I will tune in with casual interest and perhaps root for, such as the Forty Niners, Denver, Seattle, Saints, Ravens, and that's about it. I guess it could be surprising, but New England is on my indifferent list. I give them props, but I'm rarely interested in watching them unless they are playing one of the teams above.
StarStruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #7
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
In all seriousness, I still can't understand why a Cowboys hater would care. I don't doubt that I'm wired differently, but there is only two other teams that I have a nice emotional interest, Texans and Vikings. Other than that I'm pretty indifferent. Certainly I wish losses for those in our division, and there are teams that I will tune in with casual interest and perhaps root for, such as the Forty Niners, Denver, Seattle, Saints, Ravens, and that's about it. I guess it could be surprising, but New England is on my indifferent list. I give them props, but I'm rarely interested in watching them unless they are playing one of the teams above.

I always root for the Skins, Eagles, Giants and Texans.

And whomever is playing against the boys.

Seriously, does that make me a hater? (rhetorical question I suppose)

Actually there was a time when I could root for the boys. Before Jerry's insulting treatment of Tom Landry. A great coach who deserved better.

If the boys fans are allowed to live in the past then so am I...

Old 11-12-2013   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like the Cowboys because of their fans. I was an Oiler fan growing up as a kid. I constantly heard all the crap about how the Cowboys are a real football team and the Oilers weren't $hit. All of that from Houstonians, not people from Dallas. So, I learned to hate those traitorous bastards and the team they love and I've never lost that feeling. And now that I'm old, cantankerous, irritable, and generally don't give a goddamn what anyone thinks of me, my attitude about the Cowpukes grows worse.

I will say though there are a couple of folks who post on this board that are Cowboy fans that are very nice people. I sometimes wonder if I hurt their feelings when I post such hatred towards the Cowpies. But then I realize that if I do, they need their man card revoked. That, and they are probably used to me being a $hithead about it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
You don't hurt mine cause I am a heartless individual so no worries there
So am I. So, I guess it won't hurt anyone's feelings if I say your are a worthless troll? Of course, if I call you a worthless troll, it would actually invigorate you causing you to make more meaningless trolling posts.

I feel like I should give this more serious thought, but I've just lost my train of thought. I think I should just leave it at you being a worthless troll, otherwise it might appear I'm actually putting in effort trolling you instead.

Old 11-12-2013   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This **** again? you people need new material seriously, Jones didn't just
walk up to Landry and proclaim your fired, he discussed with Tom that it
would be in the best interest to make the coaching change and Landry
agreed shook Jones hand and the two went their own way

You might want to peddle your revisionist history to a forum with less spite toward the Arlington Cowboys...

Quote:
Why Tom Landry died a Giants fan

Tom Landry died a … Giants fan!

Yes, according to the widow of the legendary Cowboys coach who says in a new book that Landry was so disgusted by Jerry Jones’ treatment of him during and after his 1989 firing that he spent the rest of his life rooting for Big Blue instead of America’s Team.

Source
Old 11-12-2013   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I will say though there are a couple of folks who post on this board that are Cowboy fans that are very nice people. I sometimes wonder if I hurt their feelings when I post such hatred towards the Cowpies. But then I realize that if I do, they need their man card revoked. That, and they are probably used to me being a $hithead about it.
Ummm, one of them doesn't have a man card to revoke.
Old 11-12-2013   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
but in the end your just ignorant comedy that has no humor
At least I wasn't the one who got us moved to the smack forum you ****ing idiot.

If you're gonna troll some, troll where it might do some good. There's to much Cowboy hate around here for your ignorant posts to have a real effect.

Old 11-12-2013   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, I think I'll use the history and truth to smash the lies of those who
spit at the Cowboys in jealousy
Most Cowboy fans disagree with you. I guess they are acting out of jealousy as well.
Old 11-12-2013   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
The bigger the lie, the more it is told the more likely it is to be believed?? false propaganda
is the new truth for the brainless who believe it
Obama? Is that you?

Old 11-12-2013   #15
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Bringing in Kiffin was a weird choice, you would have thought they would bring in another 3-4 guy.

Passing on Shariff Floyd in the draft after making the transition was even stranger.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Jon Gruden will be the next HC of the Cowgirls, Monte Kiffin DC.
Would Gruden really go there without an agreement to make his own pick for GM? He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to let Jerry run things.
Old 11-12-2013   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Bringing in Kiffin was a weird choice, you would have thought they would bring in another 3-4 guy.

Passing on Shariff Floyd in the draft after making the transition was even stranger.
Passing on Eric Reid was also a dumb move. Why the hell would you transition to a Tampa 2 defense without any safeties? That made no sense to me.
Old 11-12-2013   #18
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 28431 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

I will say though there are a couple of folks who post on this board that are Cowboy fans that are very nice people. I sometimes wonder if I hurt their feelings when I post such hatred towards the Cowpies. But then I realize that if I do, they need their man card revoked.
OoooKaaaay... Seems that I didn't make the list of the very nice.
StarStruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
OoooKaaaay... Seems that I didn't make the list of the very nice.
Yes you did. I just didn't tell you. LOL

Old 11-12-2013   #20
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Passing on Eric Reid was also a dumb move. Why the hell would you transition to a Tampa 2 defense without any safeties? That made no sense to me.
Not to mention they signed Carr and drafted Claiborne to play a man coverage scheme and then switch to an almost purely zone scheme.

Jerry really screwed the pooch with his DC shuffling.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read