Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

They need to lose the Denver connection and find another coaching tree to find fruit.
Old 11-12-2013   #22
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Coughlin if he gets canned needs to be looked at.

He's won a ring and Eli isn't exactly an all time great.
Old 11-12-2013   #23
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249060 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Coughlin if he gets canned needs to be looked at.

He's won a ring and Eli isn't exactly an all time great.
Coughlin is like 90,000 years old or something. Hell, he looks older than Wade. (Like I should be talking)

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-12-2013   #24
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Coaching candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
This is just speculation, but:

I was looking at teams records today, and realized it is very possible that 8 teams could have openings this offseason.

Washington 3-6 Shanny
New York Giants 3-6 Coughlin
Minnesota 2-7 Frazier
Pittsburgh 3-6 Tomlin
Tampa Bay 0-8 Schiano
Atlanta 2-7 Smith
Jacksonville 1-8 Bradley
Houston 2-7 Kubiak

Now of course, some of these seasons can be turned around, and won't get fired. Like I said, it's just speculation.

Giving that however, are there any coaches from these teams any of y'all would like to bring in?
Tomlin is about the only guy on that list I'd be halfway interested in. Coughlin changed his outlook on things and became an even better coach, but he's getting up there in years and I'm not sure he'd even be interested in starting over. Tomlin would at least be worth an interview. Find out what he learned from his mistakes and see how much of the Steeler way can be brought in. But like I said before, halfway interested.

If we're looking at retreads, I'd be willing to take a look at Whisenhunt. He just had the one gig and got the Cards to the Super Bowl. The Cards fell apart, but from everything we know about the Cards owner, I'm not surprised at all.

If we're looking at college coaches, I guess I could find some excitement about Sumlin, but I just think it's too early for him. Two guys I'd be interested in considering for coordinator positions would be Will Muschamp and Bronco Mendenhall (BYU).
Old 11-12-2013   #25
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take Lovie Smith but we would need an excellent OC.
Old 11-12-2013   #26
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
I'll take Lovie Smith but we would need an excellent OC.
Bring back Mike Shanahan?

But I think Kubes will be here next season
Old 11-12-2013   #27
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bill Cowher Power Hour!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 11-12-2013   #28
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Josh mcdaniels. Made his rookie mistakes elsewhere, awful QB **** imposed on him and, I think very importantly, all that experience was gained dealing with shanny's aftermath in Denver.

Mcdaniels is one of the best offensive minds in the game, unlocks access to the bellichek coaching tree. His record in Denver was unfair, his firing somewhat questionable.

Picking in the top 3 given the perceived talent on the team must surely be a pull for us to get who we want.
We will remember them.
Old 11-12-2013   #29
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The Bill Cowher Power Hour!
Cowher hasn't coached a game in 7 years.

Old 11-12-2013   #30
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

McDaniels? That guy DESTROYED the Broncos. He's one of the biggest cancers. **** that guy. I never want to read his name suggested ever again.

And Mike Tomlin isn't getting fired, lol.
Old 11-12-2013   #31
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
McDaniels? That guy DESTROYED the Broncos. He's one of the biggest cancers. **** that guy. I never want to read his name suggested ever again.

And Mike Tomlin isn't getting fired, lol.
Ever notice how most who descend from the Belichick tree always FAIL in a BIG way? I think that's because Belichick always fills out The To Do List and hands it out to his subordinates. None of the subordinates know how to fill out a "To Do List".
Old 11-12-2013   #32
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Coughlin is like 90,000 years old or something. Hell, he looks older than Wade. (Like I should be talking)
'Only' 67
Old 11-12-2013   #33
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Tomlin isn't going anywhere, but I'd like him coming over if he got fired
Old 11-12-2013   #34
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

What do y'all think about the steelers DC? Dick Labeu (sp).
Old 11-12-2013   #35
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
He'll die a Steeler.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Old 11-12-2013   #36
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Dude - he can remember WWII ending.
Old 11-13-2013   #37
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Cowher hasn't coached a game in 7 years.
Kubiak has roughly coached 119 games in that general time frame. What does that prove? He's average - 51% of those were wins.

Cowher will be coaching, NOT playing. You are asking they guy to coach at a high level and generate wins. I'm pretty sure Cowher is capable of doing that now-- 7 yrs removed or not. With coaching, you either have IT or you don't. He has IT.
Old 11-13-2013   #38
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249060 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

If something is rotting in the fridge, throw it out. If you put something back in that rots, well, there's a problem that needs to be fixed somewhere. We're on our second regime, and they need thrown out. If the third regime turns out to be screw ups, then we know where the problem lies and it's probably not going to be fixable, just like Bud Adams.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-13-2013   #39
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Dude - he can remember WWII ending.
Plus he already had a shot at the HC gig in Cincinnati and it did not end well.
Old 11-13-2013   #40
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a question. Is it time for Rob Ryan to get a chance to be HC?

I'm not for him or against him. I'm just wondering. Thinking out loud if you will.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read