Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcat View Post
Dave Toub, ST coach with KC. This guy is going to be another Harbaugh.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8...ams-highlights
Hey ... if y'all want a special teams coach , good , Bob has a favorite in Joe Marciano . He's a great face of the franchise kinda like another #8 .

Link to the first/original thread:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64514
Old 11-11-2013   #2
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coaching candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
My number 1 GM prospect would be:

Eric DeCosta Ozzie Newsome's long time protege
I like that. Newsome has done wonders for Baltimore. Maybe he could bring a scout or two with him.

I like Reed as a secondary coach. Let Ed coach up the youngsters.

We need a fresh offensive system, Garys has been figured out and exposed. Not sure who the next OC needs to be, but they need to bring something fresh to the table, and not conservative.

Wades defense has also been figured out, and puts too much stock in the blitz. We need to get better at applying pressure with four up front, and controlling the field in coverage. We need to bring in a defensive scheme that is cutting edge, and not the same ol same ol.

ST needs to be completely re-vamped. Bring in someone who is shining at the college level.
Old 11-11-2013   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
Clear a couple things up first:

Shaw won't be leaving Stanford.
Lovie Smith is not a good coach
Gruden isn't leaving MNF

Now, some other prospects mentioned:

Tony Dungy may be the most overrated coach in NFL history (Anyone could have done what he did with Peyton. In fact, a really good coach would have won many more titles). Just see what Jim Caldwell did with Peyton (14-2) and without.

Rex Ryan isn't getting fired by the Jets - he has done a phenomenal job this year. He's weird, but I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Tony Dungy also built the defense that Gruden won his SB with...I feel safe in assuming he has an eye for defensive talent..especially when you consider how good his defenses were in Indy.

I'd like to see David Shaw or Obrien from Penn State...
Old 11-11-2013   #4
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Dungy has categorically said he is done with coaching, kaput, finished, never to go back. Enjoying his life after coaching to much to ever go back.
Old 11-11-2013   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be happy with either Lovie Smith or Kevin Sumlin.

Old 11-11-2013   #6
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11687 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

You need a good GM with an eye for talent no matter who you hire. I don't like a coach having total control or the final say on personnel decisions. It just gives them more things to worry about and its hard enough to coach without having to find players too.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
Old 11-11-2013   #7
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
You need a good GM with an eye for talent no matter who you hire. I don't like a coach having total control or the final say on personnel decisions. It just gives them more things to worry about and its hard enough to coach without having to find players too.
Unless someone like Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells walks through the door.
Old 11-11-2013   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

You call Cowher, without a doubt. Lovie was well loved up here, even with the firing. Good man, runs great Ds. His issue was working with a GM to hire a competent O Coordinator. Zimmer needs a shot at some point. I'm just a little worried why he hasn't gotten one so far. Not sure if his style wears on people.

LZ threw this out today. I haven't watched his work as much as others so no real opinion here.

Quote:
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 2h
I would take Kyle Shanahan as play-caller in HOU in a heartbeat. I would also consider him w/ interview if HOU went in diff direction at HC
Old 11-11-2013   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
You call Cowher, without a doubt. Lovie was well loved up here, even with the firing. Good man, runs great Ds. His issue was working with a GM to hire a competent O Coordinator. Zimmer needs a shot at some point. I'm just a little worried why he hasn't gotten one so far. Not sure if his style wears on people.

LZ threw this out today. I haven't watched his work as much as others so no real opinion here.
Makes a lot of sense. Give Gary his final year contract while lightening his load by bringing back Kyle. Rick Smith will remain the GM. Soild call.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 11-11-2013   #10
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

We already had little Shanny (28 years old) here and groomed him for daddy to take to Washington as his oc. He isn't going to come back and do the same job he is already doing for his dad. I sure wouldn't want him as head coach here. He is way to inexperienced for that job. I think we need to go in a different direction.
Old 11-11-2013   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We already had little Shanny (28 years old) here and groomed him for daddy to take to Washington as his oc. He isn't going to come back and do the same job he is already doing for his dad. I sure wouldn't want him as head coach here. He is way to inexperienced for that job. I think we need to go in a different direction.
People said the same thing about Jeff fisher.
Old 11-11-2013   #12
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Wonder what Rob Ryan could do with our defensive players?
Old 11-11-2013   #13
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I bet big Shanny gets canned after this season.
Old 11-11-2013   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be done with the Shanny's and their tree .
Old 11-11-2013   #15
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
I bet big Shanny gets canned after this season.
just to clarify - I want nothing to do with big Shanny. Just pointing out that after daddy gets fired, Kyle will have no other reason to stick around D.C.

To be honest, I am ready for a complete overhaul scheme change myself. Ready for a spread offense a la New Orleans, GB, Denver, etc. The ZBS was great and effective but in order to re-invent our team (which is what I think is needed) I think we need to re-invent the scheme.
Old 11-11-2013   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerry Glanville

We might still suck, but ya couldn't say it wouldn't be entertaining

Old 11-11-2013   #17
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92860 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Zimmer
Jay Gruden
Lovie Smith
Joe Philbin (if he gets canned over the Incognito mess)

Rob Ryan was a blowhard douche when he was with the Cowboys, not sure if he is head coach material.

Hopefully no college coaches
Old 11-11-2013   #18
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just speculation, but:

I was looking at teams records today, and realized it is very possible that 8 teams could have openings this offseason.

Washington 3-6 Shanny
New York Giants 3-6 Coughlin
Minnesota 2-7 Frazier
Pittsburgh 3-6 Tomlin
Tampa Bay 0-8 Schiano
Atlanta 2-7 Smith
Jacksonville 1-8 Bradley
Houston 2-7 Kubiak

Now of course, some of these seasons can be turned around, and won't get fired. Like I said, it's just speculation.

Giving that however, are there any coaches from these teams any of y'all would like to bring in?

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Old 11-11-2013   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

Little Shanny needs a win on his career path before there is any consideration. Cronyism is a major contributor to the mediocrity of the Texans' Kubiak experience to date.
Old 11-12-2013   #20
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

Lovie Smith.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read