Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2013   #41
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think that he wants to leave. However whoever is organising at draft time ahould be sitting down with JJ and saying "we want you to be here for a long time - what do we need to do to ensure that".

If he has ideas about the kind of guys that we should be targeting at draft time, we listen. If he has ideas about what direction the pro game is going, we listen. If there are ideas he has that the franchise can do to improve their chances of winning a Superbowl, we listen. His play and attitude have earned him the right to help become involved in some of the big decisions that go on behind the doors (and obviously not in any area that involves current squad members, that would just get messy).
Old 11-10-2013   #42
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If you were JJ Watt, would you stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Are you drunk?

Franchised until the end of time? What does that even mean?

If his agent is smart, he's telling JJ, right this minute, to start thinking about other teams.

JJ likes the city. So what? There's a lot of cities to like.

He will get paid regardless.

As I have said: Bob McNair will have to chose between Kubiak and JJ. Personally, I'd chose JJ and let Kubiak walk; but, indications are that we're stuck with Kubiak for many years to come, so, I wish JJ luck and I will follow him and wish him well.

JJ Watt has an agent, managers, a marketing team and friends and family all telling him that, with his national endorsements, he can go anywhere, get paid, and STILL win a Super Bowl.

He does not have to stay in Houston to be liked.
He will be franchised until he signs a long-term deal, not very difficult to understand really. That is why there is huge incentive to sign a long-term deal here before it ever comes to that. Do you really think we would just let him walk? Why, out of niceness? The Texans have done a lot of things wrong in their short history but letting the best defensive player of his generation walk without franchising him until it becomes unbearable would be a new low even for us.

If his agent is smart like you? His agent wants him to get paid every dollar that hes worth and he will get that here. He doesn't want him playing out the string on 1 year franchise contracts keeping his fingers crossed that he doesn't get injured. So JJ has to suffer through a lost season, boo freaking hoo, great players have played through worse seasons than this multiple times and stuck it out.
Old 11-10-2013   #43
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
He will be franchised until he signs a long-term deal, not very difficult to understand really. That is why there is huge incentive to sign a long-term deal here before it ever comes to that. Do you really think we would just let him walk? Why, out of niceness? The Texans have done a lot of things wrong in their short history but letting the best defensive player of his generation walk without franchising him until it becomes unbearable would be a new low even for us.

If his agent is smart like you? His agent wants him to get paid every dollar that hes worth and he will get that here. He doesn't want him playing out the string on 1 year franchise contracts keeping his fingers crossed that he doesn't get injured. So JJ has to suffer through a lost season, boo freaking hoo, great players have played through worse seasons than this multiple times and stuck it out.
1) No, we don't "just let him walk." That's my point: OTHER TEAMS WILL OFFER HIM MORE, IF NOT THE SAME, AMOUNT OF MONEY. And JJ, all things being equal, will go to the team that will allow him to become a top-shelf football player. The team able to offer him that is not likely this one.

2) His agent wants him to make the most amount of money, yes. But, that will likely not be here. Also - and this is key - agents also think about endorsement money. Do you have any idea how much JJ's endorsement income would skyrocket if he were on a winning, high-profile team?

3) Do you have any idea the damage this team would do by constantly franchising JJ Watt? Franchising him more than once would ruin the team's relationship with him, and would make him want to walk even more.

4) JJ should stick it out? Even JJ has said that he realizes he only has a small window for an NFL career, and he has to focus on hitting his goals. He's supposed to "stick it out" for what, 10, 15 more years?

Again: I hope I'm wrong and he stays. But, I think it'll depend on Gary Kubiak's status.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #44
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He will get paid regardless.
The Texans have one large advantage - timing. Next year his salary will be $1.9 mil. The Texans can control him for 3 years after that. He signs a deal with the Texans, he gets his big money earlier.

Quote:
As I have said: Bob McNair will have to chose between Kubiak and JJ.
Putting aside your hopes, there is no reason to believe JJ shares your opinion of Kubiak.

Quote:
And then there are the teams that many players would like to play for. New England, San Fran and New Orleans come to mind.

If you don't think Bill Belichick is already mentally plotting a way to get JJ Watt in a few years, you are kidding yourself.
Notice any of those teams being big players in the top dollar free agent market? - nope.
Old 11-10-2013   #45
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I don't think that he wants to leave. However whoever is organising at draft time ahould be sitting down with JJ and saying "we want you to be here for a long time - what do we need to do to ensure that".

If he has ideas about the kind of guys that we should be targeting at draft time, we listen. If he has ideas about what direction the pro game is going, we listen. If there are ideas he has that the franchise can do to improve their chances of winning a Superbowl, we listen. His play and attitude have earned him the right to help become involved in some of the big decisions that go on behind the doors (and obviously not in any area that involves current squad members, that would just get messy).
Letting players become de-facto coaches? No.

I like JJ, and agree that he has earned some respect, but, he does not deserve to be calling shots at that level.

Plus, I don't think he'd even want to.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #46
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

He has to stay in a strong HEB market. Houston it is
Old 11-11-2013   #47
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, this is so ridiculous.

JJ Watt will be a Houston Texan for life, whether he gets injured next year or plays for the next 15 years.

All the releases, all the maneuvering, everything has been done to make sure we can lock him up.

He's not going anywhere.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #48
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys seen enough of JJ's character. Do you really think he will walk? I don't think so.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #49
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1) No, we don't "just let him walk." That's my point: OTHER TEAMS WILL OFFER HIM MORE, IF NOT THE SAME, AMOUNT OF MONEY. And JJ, all things being equal, will go to the team that will allow him to become a top-shelf football player. The team able to offer him that is not likely this one.

2) His agent wants him to make the most amount of money, yes. But, that will likely not be here. Also - and this is key - agents also think about endorsement money. Do you have any idea how much JJ's endorsement income would skyrocket if he were on a winning, high-profile team?

3) Do you have any idea the damage this team would do by constantly franchising JJ Watt? Franchising him more than once would ruin the team's relationship with him, and would make him want to walk even more.

4) JJ should stick it out? Even JJ has said that he realizes he only has a small window for an NFL career, and he has to focus on hitting his goals. He's supposed to "stick it out" for what, 10, 15 more years?

Again: I hope I'm wrong and he stays. But, I think it'll depend on Gary Kubiak's status.
You are writing some narrative of JJ that suits the way you feel about the team right now. Who's to say he isn't dead-set and laser focused on sticking it out here and turning this thing around? Its just as likely as he and his agent bunkered up in some hotel with a dart board of Smithiak trying to figure out an escape plan. In reality neither scenario is likely.

1. No other team can offer him more because we can tear up the last year or two of his rookie deal where he is making peanuts. Oh, and I thought he was already a top shelf football player, he did win DPOY with this team last year didn't he?

2. You are pulling out the endorsement card now? How many more endorsements can he have, honestly. Every other commercial I see him. I doubt this is high on his or his agent's list but if it is he is doing just fine. Should I pull out the no state income tax card or will you tell me the other team in Texas or the ones in Florida are superior situations?

3. Franchising him more than once might ruin the relationship with him but keep him on the team. Not franchising him would allow him to potentially walk for a 3rd round compensatory pick. Hmmmm, that 3rd rounder sure is tempting but I think I'm going to have to slap you with the tag JJ, just remember you can always sign a long-term deal. I could envision us franchising him at minimum 4 times. I would be shocked if it came to that and I will beg your forgiveness and eat all the crow I can fit down my mouth if it does.

4. The best QBs stay and the best non-qbs stay. Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitz, Andre Johnson, pretty much every good QB. This is what happens the large majority of the time. In the rare instances when guys of this caliber leave its because of injuries or some extenuating circumstances and I cannot recall it happening to a player fresh off his rookie contract (could be wrong). I doubt one bad season creates this kind of situation.

In conclusion I am just as frustrated with this team as you are (although maybe not quite) and I'm sure all the players, especially JJ, are pissed but these emotions start to shift once the off-season rolls around and cooler heads prevail. Optimism will raise its head around here again, we are not doomed to seasons like this ad infinitum.
Old 11-11-2013   #50
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Id go where the best money deal was for me if I were him but alas I have next to zero skill to ask for those kinds of dollars anyhow
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #51
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If the $$$$ is equal and the Texans keep walling around not doing anything traumatic, staying in the 6-10/10-6 range, but dont really ever have a chance to win a lombardi. Then I could see JJ walking the 1st chance he gets.

Luckily that wont be the case for the next 4 yrs at the earliest. if you had to let AJ at age 35 go so that you could have cap room to sign Watt is the question BoB should be asking himself.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #52
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Watt's going anywhere in the foreseeable future. But, I do think he'd like to eventually go back home and play for the Pack
Old 11-11-2013   #53
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm curious if Eddie Langston is even going to consider staying. He's in 7th grade and I'm sure we'll draft him but I wonder when his contract is up if he will want to stay.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #54
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
I'm curious if Eddie Langston is even going to consider staying. He's in 7th grade and I'm sure we'll draft him but I wonder when his contract is up if he will want to stay.

Mike
It's a good question and one that many of us are losing sleep over lately. I mean, Eddie leaving could be disastrous to our future plans....

someday.....

Ok, in 2028
Old 11-11-2013   #55
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The Texans have one large advantage - timing. Next year his salary will be $1.9 mil. The Texans can control him for 3 years after that. He signs a deal with the Texans, he gets his big money earlier.

Putting aside your hopes, there is no reason to believe JJ shares your opinion of Kubiak.

Notice any of those teams being big players in the top dollar free agent market? - nope.
Cash this reality check! 'cak nailed it. The franchise holds all the cards.

JJ is considered a "legacy player" for the Texans, just like AJ. And look how McNair has treated AJ. Like royalty.

From just a marketing perspective, McNair will not let JJ go. And from what we've seen so far, JJ is loyal and not the kind of player to hold out and create a scene. Dude has an attitude that he can will this team to win. This is his team, and I have no doubt that he wants to be a big part of taking his team deep into the playoffs and to a Super Bowl. He already sees what he was part of in his first two years and how this city embraced him completely.

As long as a player believes in "next year", that the franchise is doing everything it can to put together a championship caliber team from year to year, it can be reasoned that players like AJ and JJ will stay committed to the franchise.
Old 11-11-2013   #56
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Not franchising him would allow him to potentially walk for a 3rd round compensatory pick. Hmmmm, that 3rd rounder sure is tempting but I think I'm going to have to slap you with the tag JJ, just remember you can always sign a long-term deal. I could envision us franchising him at minimum 4 times. ....
Wow, we could get the next Sam Montgomery.

I believe the CBA limits franchising to twice .
Old 11-11-2013   #57
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact that McNair has kept Kubiak way too long, the fact that Kubiak doesn't know what a good QB looks like, and the fact that Kubiak has wasted most of AJ's career tells me that if I'm JJ Watt, I'm taking the first route out of here as fast as possible.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #58
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Cash this reality check! 'cak nailed it. The franchise holds all the cards.

JJ is considered a "legacy player" for the Texans, just like AJ. And look how McNair has treated AJ. Like royalty.

From just a marketing perspective, McNair will not let JJ go. And from what we've seen so far, JJ is loyal and not the kind of player to hold out and create a scene. Dude has an attitude that he can will this team to win. This is his team, and I have no doubt that he wants to be a big part of taking his team deep into the playoffs and to a Super Bowl. He already sees what he was part of in his first two years and how this city embraced him completely.

As long as a player believes in "next year", that the franchise is doing everything it can to put together a championship caliber team from year to year, it can be reasoned that players like AJ and JJ will stay committed to the franchise.
Rep to both of you!

In a profession that's just stupid with the potential for injury (and not only career ending injuries, but career altering injuries that only permanently diminish skills, not end careers), consider that after this season, if the Texans choose to, they can essentially have JJ under a four year string of one year contracts. They can control him through the 2017 season for extremely reasonable dollars (for someone of JJ's skill level), and should any injury befall him during that time that would warrant it, they can walk away from all future years with no further dollars owed to JJ, not one cent of dead money as a result, and no further obligation of any sort.

Now I'm pretty sure that's not how the Texans want this to play out, but I'm also pretty sure that the thought of maneuvering a professional minefield in order to reach the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow isn't exactly the way JJ wants to spend what is most of the prime of his career.

JJ's got a lot to lose by rolling those dice, and a lot to gain financially by signing a long-term deal after this year or next. He may be hell bent for a ring, but he's far from stupid when analyzing risk/reward decisions.
Old 11-11-2013   #59
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
The fact that McNair has kept Kubiak way too long, the fact that Kubiak doesn't know what a good QB looks like, and the fact that Kubiak has wasted most of AJ's career tells me that if I'm JJ Watt, I'm taking the first route out of here as fast as possible.
Seriously doubt JJ shares any of those opinions. In his experience Kubiak has had them in the playoffs his 1st 2 seasons and AJ has been a stud.
Old 11-11-2013   #60
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
lol, this is so ridiculous.

JJ Watt will be a Houston Texan for life, whether he gets injured next year or plays for the next 15 years.

All the releases, all the maneuvering, everything has been done to make sure we can lock him up.

He's not going anywhere.
JJ strikes me as someone who wants to win at all cost. I don't know that he stays just for the money.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read