Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2013   #17
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I realize the trade value charts aren't an exact science, they're just a guide, but they're the best thing we've got for now. The #4 pick is worth 1800 pts.. If we traded down to #21 worth 800 pts., thus a difference of 1000 pts., we should be able to pick up a high 2nd, high 3rd, and high 4th. That hypothetical high 4th could also be a 3rd in 2015. At pick #21 we could still get a very good CB, DT, or OT and then with two high 2nd round picks we could fill ILB and a good QB prospect (Murray or McCarron). With two high 3rd round picks we could get a good Safety, and also fill one of the other unfilled needs at ILB, OLB, or some quality O-line depth etc... If we draft right that gives us 5 picks in the top 70 players. That's the possibility of filling 5 holes in one draft with quality talent, something few teams are able to accomplish. It could also put us back into the playoffs possibly within a year. All of this hinges on 1 decision to make, is Keenum the future at QB or do we use that high 1st round pick on a POSSIBLE franchise QB like Mariota or Hundley?

Glad I'm not the GM that has to make that decision. If it were me making that decision I'd bet on Keenum being the future at QB and then hedge my bet with a QB pick in the upper 2nd round.
Joe Thomas is a great tackle,but his team haven't made the playoffs ever! I'm sure rams really like the draft picks,but in his 1st yr,rg3 took a bad defense to the playoffs. I say this all the time,if you have a high 1st rd grade on a qb and you can get him,you gotta do it. Being right on a qb is the best way to guarantee your team success in this era.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read