Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2013   #61
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think McNair's lost the team.
Impossible, they are on the right track.
Old 11-10-2013   #62
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Sounds like Rick Smith attempting to keep his job.

This is what I meant by the same 2010 scenario. In 2010 talk radio was reporting NFL sources were reporting Kubes was likely to be fired, but Rick Smith wasn't, and I never understood how that could happen when Gary basically tells Rick what to do in the Texans structure.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #63
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair said this was a Super Bowl or bust season. I hope he sticks to his word and brings in a new coaching staff. And Wade Phillips is not a new coaching staff.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #64
Naija Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 945 Naija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
This is what I meant by the same 2010 scenario. In 2010 talk radio was reporting NFL sources were reporting Kubes was likely to be fired, but Rick Smith wasn't, and I never understood how that could happen when Gary basically tells Rick what to do in the Texans structure.
Because Gary really doesn't tell Rick what to do.

The way the power works, is that Rick gives a lot of weight to Kubiak and the other coaches opinions in getting players but still does try to goes about brining in certain players he thinks will help.

You know why it is obvious that Sam Montgomery and Travado Williams were Front Office/Rick Smith picks? Because Wade Phillips doesn't really rotate at the OLB position. Brooks Reed rarely saw the field UNTIL Mario Williams got hurt, the same for Mercilus and we even had two potential rookie OLBs, Justin Tuggle and the released Willie Jefferson, this season that played well in preseason and training camp that only saw playing time in garbage time this season. The Front Office was gunning for change at OLB or new blood, the coaches are fine with who they got.

You see it with this team all too often, DeVier Posey, Brandon Brooks, James Casey before his last two seasons and many others that the Front Office picks up and have to worm their way into the coaches' graces despite being clearly talented and potentially better players then the guys the coaches have playing in front of them.

Rick Smith clearly has a working relationship with Kubiak and other coaches and tries to get guys they would like but people that say or think Kubiak is pulling Rick Smith's strings on EVERY roster move are giving Kubiak more power then he has.
Naija Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #65
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naija Texan View Post
Because Gary really doesn't tell Rick what to do.

The way the power works, is that Rick gives a lot of weight to Kubiak and the other coaches opinions in getting players but still does try to goes about brining in certain players he thinks will help.

You know why it is obvious that Sam Montgomery and Travado Williams were Front Office/Rick Smith picks? Because Wade Phillips doesn't really rotate at the OLB position. Brooks Reed rarely saw the field UNTIL Mario Williams got hurt, the same for Mercilus and we even had two potential rookie OLBs, Justin Tuggle and the released Willie Jefferson, this season that played well in preseason and training camp that only saw playing time in garbage time this season. The Front Office was gunning for change at OLB or new blood, the coaches are fine with who they got.

You see it with this team all too often, DeVier Posey, Brandon Brooks, James Casey before his last two seasons and many others that the Front Office picks up and have to worm their way into the coaches' graces despite being clearly talented and potentially better players then the guys the coaches have playing in front of them.

Rick Smith clearly has a working relationship with Kubiak and other coaches and tries to get guys they would like but people that say or think Kubiak is pulling Rick Smith's strings on EVERY roster move are giving Kubiak more power then he has.
you can't give smith all the credit when things go right and none of the blame when things go wrong. It started when we were in cap hell and dumping winston and briesel and continued with his ineptitude by not being able to replace them. Smith has done nothing but mismanage the cap and continue to miss on draft picks. His time should be done here just like kubiak.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #66
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never liked the get your Coach before you get your GM dynamic. I like a top-down orgainization.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #67
Naija Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 945 Naija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you can't give smith all the credit when things go right and none of the blame when things go wrong. It started when we were in cap hell and dumping winston and briesel and continued with his ineptitude by not being able to replace them. Smith has done nothing but mismanage the cap and continue to miss on draft picks. His time should be done here just like kubiak.
Wasn't really giving him that much credit, I mentioned he pulled the trigger on getting both Montgomery and Jefferson for all the good that did the team.

I am sick of people bringing up Briesel and Winston. I liked those guys but one was up for a contract and the other was overpaid on a previous contract that kept him here during a time they wanted to secure at least one side of the line. Keeping either means you are hurting your cap more or risk not retaining the likes of proven pro bowlers such as Duane Brown, Arian Foster or Chris Myers. I think a healthy DeMeco Ryans would have been great on this team despite people saying he lost a step or wouldn't fit the scheme, but it was a roster move to free up space. You SHOULD pay your best playmakers to retain them, balancing that with letting talented guys go while working the draft for depth for potential next gen players or just cheap rotation guys while working under the cap is what a real GM's job is.

All that being said, I wouldn't mind seeing him get thrown out either. He and his office have a good eye for talent, especially with UDFAs and street free agents but among their normal off season free agents you can count the ones that had major positive impact on one hand (Antonio Smith, Jonathan Joseph, Daniel Manning and Wade Smith) and his drafting has been a mix bag in some seasons of good finds, busts and guys that blow up once they leave the team's sphere of influence.

Rick Smith doesn't get enough credit for all the good or bad that he and his front office have done for this team. But after a season like this, he really hasn't done enough to not get taken out in the tide should the McNair family clean house of the current coaches.
Naija Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #68
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naija Texan View Post
Wasn't really giving him that much credit, I mentioned he pulled the trigger on getting both Montgomery and Jefferson for all the good that did the team.

I am sick of people bringing up Briesel and Winston. I liked those guys but one was up for a contract and the other was overpaid on a previous contract that kept him here during a time they wanted to secure at least one side of the line. Keeping either means you are hurting your cap more or risk not retaining the likes of proven pro bowlers such as Duane Brown, Arian Foster or Chris Myers. I think a healthy DeMeco Ryans would have been great on this team despite people saying he lost a step or wouldn't fit the scheme, but it was a roster move to free up space. You SHOULD pay your best playmakers to retain them, balancing that with letting talented guys go while working the draft for depth for potential next gen players or just cheap rotation guys while working under the cap is what a real GM's job is.

All that being said, I wouldn't mind seeing him get thrown out either. He and his office have a good eye for talent, especially with UDFAs and street free agents but among their normal off season free agents you can count the ones that had major positive impact on one hand (Antonio Smith, Jonathan Joseph, Daniel Manning and Wade Smith) and his drafting has been a mix bag in some seasons of good finds, busts and guys that blow up once they leave the team's sphere of influence.

Rick Smith doesn't get enough credit for all the good or bad that he and his front office have done for this team. But after a season like this, he really hasn't done enough to not get taken out in the tide should the McNair family clean house of the current coaches.
My point being is we should have never been put in a situation when you have to dump your starting oline to save cap room. If winston was overpaid that is is Smith's fault cus he negotiated the extension. The more damning point is you dump those guys 3 years ago and you are still unable to find their replacements and you still have no cap room. We trade Ryans and then what, replace him with Brady James, Joe mays, and other scrubs? mean while cushing can't buy a healthy season, you don't even attempt to talk to mario williams and waste a 1st round pick in merciless.

Rick should have been fired just for the Ahman Green signing but now the Reed signing. How's glover doing btw?

you let leech go, you dont replace him
you let winston go, you dont replace him
you let brisiel go, you dont replace him
you let ryans go, you dont replce him
you let williams go, you dont replace him
you let quinn go, you dont replace him
you let barwin go, you dont replace him

you run a 34 defense but have 0 starting nfl quality lb's.

you even extend a 30 yo subpar qb to a 6 year extension.

and did i mention we never seem to have any cap space? it's one thing to suck but its another to be in cap hell and suck.

Old 11-10-2013   #69
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

you let leech go, you dont replace him
you let winston go, you dont replace him
you let brisiel go, you dont replace him
you let ryans go, you dont replce him
you let williams go, you dont replace him
you let quinn go, you dont replace him
you let barwin go, you dont replace him

goes without saying but all 7 of these starters were replaced with players that weren't as good as them (Barwin's a push). Reminds me of the scenario after the Texans first defensive season - I think we were 16th in the league in our inaugural year. We started replacing the aged Vets with draft choices that weren't nearly as good as the players that we let go and we were soon sporting the worst defense in the NFL.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #70
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

pfff I blame everybody I always thought lately the FO and RICK SMITH has the final say in the draft and F/a

bottom line the FO has failed from picking so many bust picks the last 3years and bust F/a I don't know why the FO is talking they should be fired 2 I say CLEAN HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #71
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
goes without saying but all 7 of these starters were replaced with players that weren't as good as them (Barwin's a push). Reminds me of the scenario after the Texans first defensive season - I think we were 16th in the league in our inaugural year. We started replacing the aged Vets with draft choices that weren't nearly as good as the players that we let go and we were soon sporting the worst defense in the NFL.
Funny how history repeats itself. in fact minus the bengals and browns this is the same schedule we went 2-14 in 2005.

Old 11-11-2013   #72
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Interesting time for this to be published, especially with an organization that rarely has leaks.

Change is coming.
It's a shot across the bow for Kubiak. It's also evidence that the Sam Montgomery bust is making a big impact internally.

Quote:
The frustration stems from coaches having too much draft input and keeping stars on the field too long. Rapoport elaborated on the last point saying that the front office believes the lack of a defensive-line rotation leads to wearing down late in games.
Here's how this is meant to be interpreted: "There is a serious problem with the quality of the depth, it is a major factor in these losses, and this particular problem is not the result of the GM's decisions."

And I believe all three points are true.

This 4th quarter fatigue has not been a problem until this season. Even last year, they were rotating pass rushers and linemen. In 2011, the "Next man up" mantra was the result of reliable depth. But this season, Kubiak cut some rookie rotational players (Montgomery, Jefferson, Jones) who have cost valuable roster spots, development time, and a 3rd round pick. That pick was meant to be used for Barwin's replacement.

The FO's critique about the coaches having too much draft input is a statement to Kubiak saying, "If these players cannot stay on the roster, you need to stop listening to the sources that made these recommendations." That interpretation makes a lot of sense if you consider how quickly Kubiak cut Montgomery, indicating that the kid wasn't his idea to begin with.

In a way, they're giving Kubiak a pass by recognizing that much of the fault lies on those advisers, but they're also saying, "We expect you to get your kitchen in order and take ownership of these draft decisions going forward."
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #73
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

So Smith is not mad at Smubiak; he's mad at the advisiaks. Smillips has no comment.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #74
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
It's Rick Smith's job to sign back-ups as well. Every team suffers from injuries. It's going to happen in the NFL. The good teams have back-ups that are ready to step-up and step in.

As for Schaub's decline, it started way before this year. His decline started at last half of last season. As a GM, you have to recognize that players are going to decline and prepare for them.
It wasn't just Schaub that started to decline last year. The entire team started the week after the bye last year. We were not the same team after the bye. Both the offense and the defense has not been the same since.
Old 11-11-2013   #75
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
So Smith is not mad at Smubiak; he's mad at the advisiaks. Smillips has no comment.
Uhh....whut?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #76
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59425 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think McNair's lost the team.
What!?! No way! McNair just has his Ox in a ditch....for the 8th consecutive year....

Problem is THIS particular ox continues to end up in that same ditch and can't stay on it's path....Maybe it's time to put down this ox and get one that can say on the path....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #77
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I'd like to know who's idea it was to cut Chris Jones over players like Montgomery, Trevardo, McClain, etc. Epic failure, imo.
Old 11-11-2013   #78
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4590 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Personally, I'd like to know who's idea it was to cut Chris Jones over players like Montgomery, Trevardo, McClain, etc. Epic failure, imo.
Starts with Kubiak he never holds the right players accountable until the media and fans do.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #79
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
That's exactly what I thought. For this organization this is how something like this begins. The only leaks the Texans ever have are intentional, planned leaks. I almost feel like I did the week Chris Palmer got sent packing. It's like the frustration is finally getting to the guys who make decisions.
It does have that 2005 feel to it...with the exception that the Texans are still making new records. Of course, it's a rather dubious one this time: first time the franchise has lost 7 games in a row.

It's obvious what needs to be done. What we are seeing with leaks like this is the first tremors of plate tectonics shifting on Kirby. McNair is not going to reveal his hand, but as Texans fans from the beginning, we can sense it. It's in the air, on the wire, and unless they do something squirrelly like win the next 7 games, BIG changes should be coming in 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I hope McNair's first move is to ditch him, and then the whole staff.

At a time when the head coach is unhealthy, and a FO source comes after the interim coach with defensive criticism, it shows there is little integrity or control in the FO.
yep. In the immortal words of the late, great Frank Zappa: "Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

As shocking as the 2013 season is for us fans, I can only imagine what McNair must be thinking right now. He's probably past stage one of grief, denial and isolation. Now he's in stage two: anger. Letting this little nugget of info out is a shot across the bow of Kubiak's ship.

Now on to stage three: bargaining!
Old 11-11-2013   #80
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It does have that 2005 feel to it...with the exception that the Texans are still making new records. Of course, it's a rather dubious one this time: first time the franchise has lost 7 games in a row.

It's obvious what needs to be done. What we are seeing with leaks like this is the first tremors of plate tectonics shifting on Kirby. McNair is not going to reveal his hand, but as Texans fans from the beginning, we can sense it. It's in the air, on the wire, and unless they do something squirrelly like win the next 7 games, BIG changes should be coming in 2014.

yep. In the immortal words of the late, great Frank Zappa: "Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

As shocking as the 2013 season is for us fans, I can only imagine what McNair must be thinking right now. He's probably past stage one of grief, denial and isolation. Now he's in stage two: anger. Letting this little nugget of info out is a shot across the bow of Kubiak's ship.

Now on to stage three: bargaining!
My gut instinct says he's getting Sumlin . He'll make a deal with wade to stay on and help out .

I hope Bob is getting mad cause I'm mad at this waste of time and total kluster %#$%^$ not going anywhere , Bob is 25 years older than me . His window , I hope , is smaller than mine for a Super Bowl run .

The game has changed and the Shanny tree has been attacked by pine bark beetles . The NFL and it's rule changes has passed the Shanny , Kubiak way up . A good defense and a fast scoring offense is the NFL today . The coach and QBs are partners on the best teams , with the QB having the ability to run a no huddle . Kubiak and time of possession doesn't matter is you get beat by 21 .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read