Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2013   #1
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 15483 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If you were JJ Watt, would you stay?

It must be so frustrating for him to single handedly carry this defense and make big play after big play after big play only to lose 7 straight games. Watch our secondary make bonehaded plays & mistakes every week. Watch our offense not make the big play when it's needed.

He's gonna go to a contender right? No way he stays in Houston.
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #2
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If you were JJ Watt, would you stay?

We're in position to select a dominating defensive player with our first-round draft pick in 2014. We may soon add another force up front to take some pressure off of Watt. I think he'll stay long term. We're going to be a great team again in 2014. All we have to do is add more young talent around him on the defensive side of the ball.
Old 11-10-2013   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are people worried about this NOW? he's still under our control for at least 2 years.

Who's to say he doesn't see "change" coming just like the fanbase?
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #4
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 15483 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
We're in position to select a dominating defensive player with our first-round draft pick in 2014. We may soon add another force up front to take some pressure off of Watt. I think he'll stay long term. We're going to be a great team again in 2014. All we have to do is add more young talent around him on the defensive side of the ball.
Lol what makes you think we'll be a great team "again"? Our special teams is atrocious and Marciano is riding a free ride. Our secondary makes huge mistakes every week whether it's a penalty or a missed coverage for long TDs. Our O-Line has looked awful. Our young QB can't read the blitz and would rather gamble deep than move the chains. Our #1 RB is having BACK surgery. The only promise on this team is at D-Line...
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #5
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a dumb question. He CAN NOT go anywhere!

Under contract another year, then a team option year under contract, then two years of possible franchise tag.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

He has no choice, but if my goal was to win a Super Bowl, I would not stay if this regime was brought back.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #7
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWin View Post
Lol what makes you think we'll be a great team "again"? Our special teams is atrocious and Marciano is riding a free ride. Our secondary makes huge mistakes every week whether it's a penalty or a missed coverage for long TDs. Our O-Line has looked awful. Our young QB can't read the blitz and would rather gamble deep than move the chains. Our #1 RB is having BACK surgery. The only promise on this team is at D-Line...
We barely lost the last three games, to three teams that will probably make the playoffs, by a combined seven points. Those three games are likely wins with a healthy Arian Foster and Brian Cushing.

Not to mention if we can add a reliable kicker in the off-season. We may be 2-7 but I see plenty of great opportunities for the Texans to become a playoff contender again going into next season. All we need is a good draft and a couple important players coming back healthy.
Old 11-10-2013   #8
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

As soon as he's a free agent, he'll be gone. It's plain to see JJ cares about winning. He won't stay with a franchise that has no chance to succeed.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #9
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Love JJ, but, he'll be gone. And, for his sake, I want him to go. He wants to win a ring. He can't waste his career here waiting for it to happen.

As for money, he will get paid no matter where he goes. His profile is national. Money will not be an issue.

As I said before, McNair, at some point, will have to choose between JJ and Kubiak.

JJ will not stay.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, if I was JJ Watt I would honor my contract and right the ship.
Old 11-10-2013   #11
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

We have 2 years to get things right. I just can't comprehend how you have JJ Watt on your team, and noone else can take advantage of his presence.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #12
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I can imagine JJ watches AJ who's given his career to this sh!tty franchise and has made up his mind that he doesn't want it to go like that. I think JJ should leave this crappy team and I would too. It sucks that I'm a fan so I'm kind of stuck with them but JJ is not.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #13
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
We have 2 years to get things right. I just can't comprehend how you have JJ Watt on your team, and noone else can take advantage of his presence.
Have we taken advantage of Andre Johnson?
Old 11-10-2013   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Love JJ, but, he'll be gone. And, for his sake, I want him to go. He wants to win a ring. He can't waste his career here waiting for it to happen.

As for money, he will get paid no matter where he goes. His profile is national. Money will not be an issue.

As I said before, McNair, at some point, will have to choose between JJ and Kubiak.

JJ will not stay.
I have no doubt JJ will be the next Andre Johnson to this team. The only team i can legitimately see him leaving to is the GB Packers, even then I just can't see him up and leaving. he has entrenched himself to the city, not just the team. Kubiak will NOT be here in 2 years.
Old 11-10-2013   #15
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If i was Watt i would stay. Who cares about rings? Get that max contract. Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M. Get the money; dolla, dolla bill yall.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #16
Gotta Know
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Gotta Know is a quality contributor and well respectedGotta Know is a quality contributor and well respectedGotta Know is a quality contributor and well respectedGotta Know is a quality contributor and well respectedGotta Know is a quality contributor and well respectedGotta Know is a quality contributor and well respectedGotta Know is a quality contributor and well respectedGotta Know is a quality contributor and well respectedGotta Know is a quality contributor and well respectedGotta Know is a quality contributor and well respectedGotta Know is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
This is a dumb question. He CAN NOT go anywhere!

Under contract another year, then a team option year under contract, then two years of possible franchise tag.

The ill-will from that would permeate the organization for years to come. There wouldn't be a single good player willing to sign with the Texans.

FWIW: JJ will play his heart out for this team while under contract but he will not be here after his rookie contract unless he believes the team has a chance at the Super Bowl. It's just the way he's wired.
Gotta Know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #17
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

People take his unwillingness to accept failure as a sign that he's itching to quit. That's not the kind of person i sense he is. He's blue collar, work hard all the way.

In fact, we need more players and coaches with the same attitude. I'm tired of hearing the same bull**** after every loss for the last 11 years.

"we just gotta continue to work and get better" blah, blah, blah. so sick of that. Give me 53 players that hate losing more than they enjoy winning.
Old 11-10-2013   #18
awc713
Rookie

Rep Power: 248 awc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respected

dumbest thread i've seen in a while. no reason to think watt doesn't love htown.

we had a down year. so what. he's not hitting the market for a long time, and we'll lock him up way before that ever happens.

watt will be a texan for life.
awc713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #19
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
I have no doubt JJ will be the next Andre Johnson to this team. The only team i can legitimately see him leaving to is the GB Packers, even then I just can't see him up and leaving. he has entrenched himself to the city, not just the team. Kubiak will NOT be here in 2 years.
Why wouldn't he leave?

Ok, he likes the city. So?

JJ is a nice guy, but he wants a ring. Say that slowly: He. Wants. A. Ring.

How do you know if Kubiak won't be here in two years?

I'm guessing we're stuck with Kubiak for another 10 years, or until Kubiak wants to leave on his own.

Why should JJ put up with that?
Old 11-10-2013   #20
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
People take his unwillingness to accept failure as a sign that he's itching to quit. That's not the kind of person i sense he is. He's blue collar, work hard all the way.

In fact, we need more players and coaches with the same attitude. I'm tired of hearing the same bull**** after every loss for the last 11 years.

"we just gotta continue to work and get better" blah, blah, blah. so sick of that. Give me 53 players that hate losing more than they enjoy winning.
He's not itching to quit. I'm just saying he wants a ring, and that he will eventually realize he can't waste his career like Andre.

Nothing wrong with that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read