Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2013   #181
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak Collapses at the half

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Quoting myself in shame. Made a grammar error I hate.

**their soap avatars**

But seriously folks who can't let it go, take it elsewhere please.

Back on topic

I wish him the best.

link
So I reckon we'll never really know what might've caused this episode? I think they ruled out exhaustion. Anxiety? Stress? I don't know, it seems strange considering how healthy he is.

My high BP has been declared genic by my cardio. I wonder if that might be it
Old 11-08-2013   #182
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Nope, I don't spend 16-18 hours a day on a message board accumulating 30,000 posts.
You're getting there quick.

I'm a little late to the party, eerrr, peepeeing match but I did catch up.

That said, I find myself cornfused...

Quote:
If Texian is a woman she posed as a man named Larry House that commented on an article in the Chronicle that got included in an article written by Stephanie Stradley.

Either that or Texian is a man named Larry House.
Quote:
Thank You! One in the same.
So are you a dangler or a canoe, confused gender, keyboard impersonator, whut?

I'm almost sure I'm not alone in questioning this. Even if I am, I still wanna know.

So, are you Larry or Mary???

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013   #183
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
You're getting there quick.

I'm a little late to the party, eerrr, peepeeing match but I did catch up.

That said, I find myself cornfused...

So are you a dangler or a canoe, confused gender, keyboard impersonator, whut?

I'm almost sure I'm not alone in questioning this. Even if I am, I still wanna know.

So, are you Larry or Mary???
Well Ma'am, I'm not a Mary but what if I were?
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013   #184
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
So I reckon we'll never really know what might've caused this episode?
I hope not. It's none of our business. The man's under scrutiny for every action he takes already; that's probably a factor in the cause. I hope his medical records stay private. I know I'd want mine to stay private.

That job's a bear, especially when the team is not performing. Working 16-20 hours a day and stressing over stuff he can't truly control has got to be a b&^ch. Whatever I may think of his record so far, I wish him the best for his health and family.
Old 11-10-2013   #185
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
The success of the Colts could likely be a part of the decision of whether or not the Texans should continue down the same road traveled the last 8 years. If Colts make it to AFC Championship game in addition to also having $40 million to spend in free agency in 2014 vs Texans picking in Top 10 in the 2014 NFL Draft with only $8 million available to spend under the salary cap in the 2014, this will not only dictate change but demand changes in the front office. Not only do the Texans have a failed business model but a business model that has been losing ground to the competition and has reached a point where it getting considerably worse.
I hear ya..... paying your players just doesn't work in the NFL anymore. We should let them all walk, let Bob pocket that money. So long Duane Brown, Jjo, Cushing, Schaub..... pfft.... we don't need no stinking Aj, OD, Arian Foster (tofu eating sumbich)..... who needs Chris Myers & Danieal Manning?

Not us.

All we need is more cap room to not pay players.

Cap room wins championships.

Old 11-10-2013   #186
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I hear ya..... paying your players just doesn't work in the NFL anymore. We should let them all walk, let Bob pocket that money. So long Duane Brown, Jjo, Cushing, Schaub..... pfft.... we don't need no stinking Aj, OD, Arian Foster (tofu eating sumbich)..... who needs Chris Myers & Danieal Manning?

Not us.

All we need is more cap room to not pay players.

Cap room wins championships.

I really think you're missing the point here. The Colts have on avg. $1.75 million to spend on each free agent and the Texans on avg have less than the vet minimum of $500K to spend per free agent. Now I ask you, who can afford to sign the better players next year?

Last edited by Texian; 11-10-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-10-2013   #187
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really think you're missing the point here. The Colts have on avg. $1.75 million to spend on each free agent and the Texans on avg have less than the vet minimum of $500K to spend per free agent. Now I ask you, who can afford to sign the better players next year?
At least we didn't trade a first rounder for Trent Richardson...
Old 11-10-2013   #188
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
At least we didn't trade a first rounder for Trent Richardson...
I too don't agree with the Richardson trade but they still average $1.75 million per free agent.
Old 11-10-2013   #189
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
I too don't agree with the Richardson trade but they still average $1.75 million per free agent.
Due primarily to the new rookie wage scale.

Sam Bradford 6 years, $78 mil, $13 mil avg.
Andrew Luck 4 years, $22.1 mil, $5.5 mil avg.
Old 11-10-2013   #190
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I don't fully agree with all of this, but it is a fair and reasonable assessment.

I think McNair is more intent on winning that Hervoyel... However, it is undeniable that he prioritizes ethical and moral intangibles and consistency more than many fans would like- and more than many other organizations.

I also agree that Kubiak has a number of limitations as a leader. I think, however, he has some strengths as well and am more optimistic than most about the possibility of winning with him, though it is fair to say that he won't ever become an elite head coach and a game day difference-maker like the great ones.

I am one of the satisfied customers. As a recovering Cowboy fan who was overwhelmed with on field success in the 90s, I find Bob's model refreshing. My last year as a Cowboy fan, in 1995, I experienced how unsatisfying winning can be when Switzer took that team and won a Superbowl with it. After that day, I learned that (for me at least) winning is not that satisfying when you despise the leaders of that which you root for.

You find this idea refreshing where the HC is allowed to coddle his failing coaching staff to the point of failure that looks like a train crash over and over again? It was the whole Frank Bush and Smith debacle with the defense where neither guy should have been hired in the first place and then Gary was forced to have Wade come into the picture after years were wasted. Now we're still dealing with problems like Marciano who Kubes refuses to let go of, a pudgy kicker who can't even get close to the goal posts, and Matt Schaub who Gary refused to bench even after he broke the pick 6 record and his statistics going back to last 4 games of 2012 season were mind boggling bad. How do you still find this kind of approach refreshing from Bob after 8 years of Smithiak? I just can't understand the positive feelings from these constant failures that seem so similar to the ones in the early Kubiak era of the Texans.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #191
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Due primarily to the new rookie wage scale.

Sam Bradford 6 years, $78 mil, $13 mil avg.
Andrew Luck 4 years, $22.1 mil, $5.5 mil avg.
That's a $7.5 million difference. $7.5 million is less than 20% of the $40 million, so primarily is not necessarily the case but it helps that's for sure. $7.5 is 3 players over $2 million and $2 million gets you a pretty good football player.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read