Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 1 Week Ago   #621
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 135250 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Great. I listened to it. Now tell me how that proves what happened?
Listen to it again. Or do you just want him to be guilty? And you also said we will never know if he called 911.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #622
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 98587 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Listen to it again. Or do you just want him to be guilty? And you also said we will never know if he called 911.
You are quoting me incorrectly. I never questioned whether or not he called 911. I am questioning whether ALL he did was as you put it "defended himself, locked himself in a room, and called 911."

He did get convicted after all. And I don't think he got convicted because the judge thought he defended himself, locked himself in a room and called 911.

If you believe that all he did was defended himself, locked himself in a room, and called 911, then why was he convicted of assault?

http://time.com/3329416/greg-hardy-n...stic-violence/

Quote:
“On May 13, 2014, Greg Hardy attacked me in his apartment. Hardy picked me up and threw me into the tile tub area in his bathroom. I have bruises from head to toe, including my head, neck, back, shoulders arms, legs, elbow and feet. Hardy pulled me from the tub by my hair, screaming at me that he was going to kill me, break my arms and other threats that I completely believe. He drug me across the bathroom and out into the bedroom. Hardy choked me with both hands around my throat while I was lying on the floor. Hardy picked me up over his head and threw me onto a couch covered in assault rifles and/or shotguns. I landed on those weapons. Hardy bragged that all of those assault rifles were loaded. Landing on those weapons bruised [my] neck and back. Hardy screamed for his “administrative assistant” (Sammy Curtis) to come into the room and hold me down. Curtis came into the room, grabbed me from behind and held me down. Hardy and Curtis then took me into the living room area. I wasn’t nearly strong or fast enough to escape. I begged them to let me go & I wouldn’t tell anyone what he did. They took me out into the hall, pushed me down & went back inside his apartment. I crawled to the elevator and ran into CMPD (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department)

In court, the accuser testified: “He looked me in my eyes and he told me he was going to kill me. I was so scared I wanted to die. When he loosened his grip slightly, I said just,`Do it. Kill me.”
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #623
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 521408 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He did get convicted after all. And I don't think he got convicted because the judge thought he defended himself, locked himself in a room and called 911.

If you believe that all he did was defended himself, locked himself in a room, and called 911, then why was he convicted of assault?

http://time.com/3329416/greg-hardy-n...stic-violence/
No idea what happened, but...

Understand that conviction is not what you would normally think of as having been convicted at trial. It's not a regular trial and is more akin to a grand jury where only the prosecution gets to put on a case. It's a gatekeeping function of is there enough evidence to even proceed to a trial. For whatever reason they use language there which confuses the issue (akin to in some places the lowest court in the system is called the Supreme Court).

On topic - if Hardy gets reinstated and the Cowboys get him that's going to be a great movie football wise for them. Really good player for dirt cheap.
Old 1 Week Ago   #624
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 98587 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
No idea what happened
Exactly my point.
Old 1 Week Ago   #625
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 521408 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exactly my point.
Fine, but did you get the point about the "conviction" not being of any significance?

It sounds like you're trying to have it both ways - "I don't know, but he was convicted." Ordinarily that would kind of make sense, but not in this circumstance.
Old 1 Week Ago   #626
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Fine, but did you get the point about the "conviction" not being of any significance?

It sounds like you're trying to have it both ways - "I don't know, but he was convicted." Ordinarily that would kind of make sense, but not in this circumstance.
I understand your point. TexasRED's point seems to be that nothing happened except that Hardy ran away and called 911. I was using the conviction more as ammo to say that something happened. At least enough for the prosecution to say something happened.
Old 1 Week Ago   #627
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 55620 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
“On May 13, 2014, Greg Hardy attacked me in his apartment. Hardy picked me up and threw me into the tile tub area in his bathroom. I have bruises from head to toe, including my head, neck, back, shoulders arms, legs, elbow and feet. Hardy pulled me from the tub by my hair, screaming at me that he was going to kill me, break my arms and other threats that I completely believe. He drug me across the bathroom and out into the bedroom. Hardy choked me with both hands around my throat while I was lying on the floor. Hardy picked me up over his head and threw me onto a couch covered in assault rifles and/or shotguns. I landed on those weapons. Hardy bragged that all of those assault rifles were loaded. Landing on those weapons bruised [my] neck and back. Hardy screamed for his “administrative assistant” (Sammy Curtis) to come into the room and hold me down. Curtis came into the room, grabbed me from behind and held me down. Hardy and Curtis then took me into the living room area. I wasn’t nearly strong or fast enough to escape. I begged them to let me go & I wouldn’t tell anyone what he did. They took me out into the hall, pushed me down & went back inside his apartment. I crawled to the elevator and ran into CMPD (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department)

In court, the accuser testified: “He looked me in my eyes and he told me he was going to kill me. I was so scared I wanted to die. When he loosened his grip slightly, I said just,`Do it. Kill me.”
If Hardy did commit that type of assault and battery, I find it hard to believe that Hardy wasn't prosecuted and convicted at a trial. There should be a lot of visual evidence to prove such a horrendous act of violence.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #628
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
If Hardy did commit that type of assault and battery, I find it hard to believe that Hardy wasn't prosecuted and convicted at a trial. There should be a lot of visual evidence to prove such a horrendous act of violence.
Its hard to move forward with a trial when the accuser wont cooperate. Some think she was paid off. Others that she is crazy. Either way she is forcing their hand.
Old 1 Week Ago   #629
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 227329 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
And now he's a cowboy

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Dallas gave DE Greg Hardy a one-year, $11.3 million deal that could be worth up to $13.116 million.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #630
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 159790 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Great pickup from a football perspective. We will see when it comes to a personal one.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #631
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
And now he's a cowboy
Set up to protect the Cowboys. From PFT.com

Quote:
It’s a one-year contract, which carries a salary of $750,000. He can earn up to a total of $13.1 million (which was his base salary as Carolina’s franchise player in 2014) through a series of per-game roster bonuses, incentives, and a large workout bonus.

Specifically, Hardy can earn a workout bonus of $1.3116 million, a whopping $9.25 million in per-game roster bonuses, and $1.8044 million in incentives based on sacks.
Old 1 Week Ago   #632
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 468091 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“There’s no question in my mind, the emphasis we have on spousal abuse in the NFL and the lack of tolerance for it. It’s intolerable and will be adjudicated accordingly.”
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #633
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
MSR.
Old 1 Week Ago   #634
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 468091 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Andrew Brandt @adbrandt
Quote:
Seems @RosenhausSports worked it well, selling interest that probably wasn't there. Cowboys may have negotiated against themselves.
Old 1 Week Ago   #635
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116988 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Set up to protect the Cowboys. From PFT.com
Great deal for the Cowboys.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #636
Blake
MMQB

Hopefully more of the truth comes out soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ardy-evidence/

Quote:
According to WBTV.com, the NFL has sued the North Carolina Attorney General and the Mecklenburg County District Attorney in an effort to get the file.

The lawsuit contends that the NFL is legally entitled to see the exhibits introduced into evidence in the bench trial last July that resulted in a finding that Hardy had committed domestic violence against his former girlfriend.
Old 3 Days Ago   #637
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rick Gosselin @RickGosselin
Quote:
Gosselin: Cowboys' signing of Greg Hardy reeks of desperation | @dallasnews http://t.co/VT3fPfCkyI
Quote:
Desperate teams sink to desperate measures.
I went back to my 2010 draft notes to see what I had on Hardy. One general manager said, “when he decides to play, he’s the most talented player in the draft.” A scout called him, “the most talented defensive end in the draft.” Another scout said, “as pure a pass rusher as there is in this draft.”

Yet in a league that’s driven on defense by the pass rush, Hardy slid all the way to the sixth round of the 2010 draft. He was the 175th overall choice and 14th defensive end taken. The Cowboys had three chances to draft Hardy but passed each time.

That’s because red character flags abounded. He was suspended for two games in 2008 for missing classes and workouts, and NFL talent evaluators spoke of his maturity and trust issues plus his sense of entitlement.

Seven NFL teams told me they had taken Hardy completely off their draft boards. They weren’t going to mess with him in any round at any price.

And that was before Hardy was convicted of domestic violence in 2014 and sentenced to 60 days in jail (suspended) with 18 months of probation. Hardy appealed the verdict and the charges were dismissed last month because court officials were unable to locate the victim to testify.

Hardy posted nine sacks in his last four games for Carolina — the final three games of 2013 and the first game of 2014 — before he was placed on the NFL exempt list to deal with his legal issues.

The Panthers eventually decided he was too much of a distraction to bring back in 2015, so they cut him and all of his pass rush potential earlier this month. Now Hardy awaits word from the NFL if he must sit for a stretch in 2015 with a suspension.

So the next time I hear Jason Garrett talk about bringing “the right kind of guy” into the Cowboys locker room, I’m going to turn my tape recorder off. Then I’m going to politely excuse myself.

After a brief spell of trying to win the right way with high-character players — think Sean Lee, Brandon Carr and Travis Frederick — the Cowboys are now just trying to win. The arrivals of Hardy and Rolando McClain plus the return of Josh Brent are proof of that. That’s a trio I wouldn’t invite over to my house for dinner any time soon...

Last edited by Playoffs; 3 Days Ago at 01:06 PM.
Old 3 Days Ago   #638
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Rick Gosselin @RickGosselin
Looks like a damn smart football move to me.
Old 2 Days Ago   #639
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 159790 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Looks like a damn smart football move to me.
Low risk, high reward. Cowboys don't care about checkered pasts, never have. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Either way, this is not a huge roll of the dice.

Not a great PR move, but then again, Jerry never gave a shit.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #640
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 400274 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Low risk, high reward. Cowboys don't care about checkered pasts, never have. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Either way, this is not a huge roll of the dice.

Not a great PR move, but then again, Jerry never gave a shit.
Low risk?

I'd be worried Goddell would change his mind & suspend him for the season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read