Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2013   #141
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 51471 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ill Say It. Reed Looks Like Crap

I just want to see him make at least one big play sometime soon.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013   #142
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
He was brought here to help tutor younger players and make an impact in the playoffs, so I'd like to see him wearing a ball cap and toting a clipboard. His mind may be able to still make plays, but his body just isn't. He could make a huge impact by mentoring our young players and teaching them what it takes to be a HoF'er in this league.

Ed was never a big hit machine or a cover type safety. He made his mark by playing centerfield and knowing what an offense's tendencies are. He's an instinctive, reactive player whose body just can't react quickly enough anymore. He needs to be on the sidelines. The only big plays he's going to make will be for the other team.
Old 10-29-2013   #143
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob McNair wanted Reed because he thought his team lacked fire and Reed gave Brady fits . That may have been the match to light the fire alright , the fire not to play .
Old 10-29-2013   #144
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
i'm holding final judgement until denver and new england. i said at the time, we got ed reed for the peyton manning and tom brady, as well as experience in the playoffs. i have almost no confidence that he'll perform in those situations based on how absurdly bad he's been thus far, but i want to see those games before calling for the ax. we were supposed to coast through this early part of the season without even needing him, unfortunately he's contributed to our current collapse.
Old 10-29-2013   #145
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'm holding final judgement until denver and new england. i said at the time, we got ed reed for the peyton manning and tom brady, as well as experience in the playoffs. i have almost no confidence that he'll perform in those situations based on how absurdly bad he's been thus far, but i want to see those games before calling for the ax. we were supposed to coast through this early part of the season without even needing him, unfortunately he's contributed to our current collapse.
I'll buy that when Manning and Brady's release times more closely resemble Reed's reaction times. Is Reed going to drink some magical elixer that allows him to speed up his game to match theirs? Manning and Brady will humiliate Reed, as he stands today. This is an NFL team forum, not an EA Sports nostalgic video game. Final judgement SHOULD'VE come last pre-season by hiring Reed as a DB coach and letting Quin learn from him. Hindsight sux.
Old 10-29-2013   #146
Yaky
Rookie

Rep Power: 1001 Yaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respected

Glover Quin + Barwin >>>>>>>>>>>> Ed Reed
Yaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013   #147
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'll buy that when Manning and Brady's release times more closely resemble Reed's reaction times. Is Reed going to drink some magical elixer that allows him to speed up his game to match theirs? Manning and Brady will humiliate Reed, as he stands today. This is an NFL team forum, not an EA Sports nostalgic video game. Final judgement SHOULD'VE come last pre-season by hiring Reed as a DB coach and letting Quin learn from him. Hindsight sux.
you're 100% right, i'm just keeping my blinders on and hoping someone's going to tell me it's all a bad dream.
Old 10-29-2013   #148
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
you're 100% right, i'm just keeping my blinders on and hoping someone's going to tell me it's all a bad dream.
pinch, pinch, pinch. dammit
Old 10-29-2013   #149
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaky View Post
Glover Quin + Barwin >>>>>>>>>>>> Ed Reed
Quin plus a cadaver > Reed.

Algae+ more algae>>>>>>>>>>>>than Barwin. I miss him like I miss the crabs. Add Casey to the mix and we get a ->>>>>>> if that's even possible. Go Iggles!!!!!
Old 10-30-2013   #150
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132643 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

With the revealed Colt's incite into the Texans...............we're screwed..........

Quote:
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 48m

Chuck Pagano coached Texans' Ed Reed while defensive coordinator & secondary coach with the Ravens. Could have inside info like...he's old
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013   #151
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
He was brought here to help tutor younger players and make an impact in the playoffs, so I'd like to see him wearing a ball cap and toting a clipboard. His mind may be able to still make plays, but his body just isn't. He could make a huge impact by mentoring our young players and teaching them what it takes to be a HoF'er in this league.

Ed was never a big hit machine or a cover type safety. He made his mark by playing centerfield and knowing what an offense's tendencies are. He's an instinctive, reactive player whose body just can't react quickly enough anymore. He needs to be on the sidelines. The only big plays he's going to make will be for the other team.
Disagree- when drafted, Ed was a hit machine here in Baltimore; his athleticism led him to Interceptions early in his career; after learning film Study from Ray Lewis, his preparation led him to INT's, sacks and strips. and hasn't been the same sure tackler or hit machine as he was previously.

I was sad to see him go as he should have retired a Raven, but he is done- has been since before last season. But instead of riding off, he ran for $$$$ after getting his ring. Now he looks downright pathetic. Its like watching Johnny U in Powder Blues for the Chargers.....

About 2007, he suffered the neck injury (nerve impingement)
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #152
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Looks like Ed Reed has finally been demoted from his starting job, though Wade Phillips is not calling it that. He'll only be used in dime packages now. That's a good thing, except they paid $6M for a dime safety.
Old 11-08-2013   #153
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 15013 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Quit knockin' Grady guys.. He's by far my favorite Texans S

(now if we can just get 'lizabeth as the DB's coach we'll really
be rolling!)

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #154
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the picture used on that article.

TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #155
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 15013 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Caption: "Nice shoes you have there!"

speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #156
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 154140 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Looks like Ed Reed has finally been demoted from his starting job, though Wade Phillips is not calling it that. He'll only be used in dime packages now. That's a good thing, except they paid $6M for a dime safety.
Wasn't that the way he was used last week?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read