Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-08-2013   #261
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66838 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

If he is truly Incognito ... how do we know it was really him?
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #262
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Recently suspended Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito does not have the support from NFL peers that he has received from teammates.

Quote:
...in an unscientific survey conducted by team reporters for ESPN.com's NFL Nation over two days this week, Incognito does not have the same level of support from some of his peers. Three players participated from each team surveyed, with 72 players in all asked three questions. The players taking part were granted anonymity.
Which player would you rather have as a teammate?
(21%)Incognito 15
(47%)Martin 34
(32%)Neither 23

Have you been the victim of hazing in the NFL?
(43%)True 31
(57%)False 41

Have you provided money as a result of being hazed? If true, what's the most you have given?*
(39%)True 28
(61%)False 44
*Amounts ranged from $40 to $18,000
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013   #263
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing that I love most about this entire story is that no matter whether you think Martin handled this well or poorly -- no matter whether all this was a joke that got blown out of proportion or really was serious -- no matter what side you're on -- we can all take a lot of happiness from the fact that it's a guy like Incognito who is going down. Couldn't have happened to a worse human being

Even if it was all an elaborate fake -- I really think Incognito is done, and I know a certain #94 who has gotta be whistling karma right about now
Old 11-09-2013   #264
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The thing that I love most about this entire story is that no matter whether you think Martin handled this well or poorly -- no matter whether all this was a joke that got blown out of proportion or really was serious -- no matter what side you're on -- we can all take a lot of happiness from the fact that it's a guy like Incognito who is going down. Couldn't have happened to a worse human being

Even if it was all an elaborate fake -- I really think Incognito is done, and I know a certain #94 who has gotta be whistling karma right about now
Man I don't know, the league has accepted players who've done worse than this doooshbag. He may serve a one year suspension and give a bs apology and someone will sign him.
Old 11-09-2013   #265
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Man I don't know, the league has accepted players who've done worse than this doooshbag. He may serve a one year suspension and give a bs apology and someone will sign him.
I agree with gtexan that he is done. He's got such a history of poor behavior, I just can't think of any coach in their right mind that would welcome him to their football team. From a PR standpoint, they would immediately be personally criticized.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013   #266
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Martin is less likely to find another team, but don't hold me to that. I haven't been keeping up with the story really.

But I say that because for the most part *******s are generally more accepted in sports than guys that are perceived to be soft.

I have no idea what the ins and outs of this soap opera are, but I wouldn't have thrown my tray down and stormed out of the facility. I really don't know how I'd handle it because I don't see myself getting picked on in that environment. But I have been 'the new guy' in a locker room and only once did someone actually try to do this. This guy named Pete. This big defensive lineman. It never came to physical confrontation, but I verbally let him know I wasn't the one he wanted to try. It ended quickly. Didn't go to any coaches or administrators.

But I realize not everyone deals with conflict the same.

I guess what I'd expect Martin to do at the minimum is be willing to stand up for yourself. You're not in a normal, everyday life situation. You're an nfl offensive linemen. Getting picked on is unacceptable. Doesn't mean you have to haul off and punch a guy because he is trying you. Hell, I don't even have a problem with going to coaches as a method to restrain yourself.

But you can't say this guy is verbally abusing me and picking on me. Unless incognito is some real live gangster that you think is actually capable if killing you, then you have to be able to deal with that in your own for the most part.

I don't know either player. But I hate bullies. I don't have any negative thoughts about Martin as a person. Not everyone is willing to deal with that kind of confrontation. And that cool.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #267
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Let's get it right:

Jennifa

Actually, now it just sounds like a Bostonian is saying my name.

"Jennifa, that post was wicked retahded!"
Now go stuff ya face with Peppridge Fahm!
Old 11-11-2013   #268
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

In his interview he stated that the things he said to Martin came from a place of love. WHAT!?!??!!?!? There is no one I love or hate enough to say I am going to slap your mother c*m in her mouth you half N****R. damn I actually laughed out loud when this clown said that with a straight face.
Old 11-11-2013   #269
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 11-11-2013   #270
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Could it be that the Dolphins is such a horrid organization with Jeff Ireland at the helm that part of Martin's motivation is to GTFO of Miami.

And, I loved in Incognito's interview with his workout buddy Jay Glazer how poor victimized Richie sad he just wanted to hug Johnathan Martin.

Interesting that Billy Devaney, Incognito's former GM with the Rams, said after watching the Glazer interview that Richie was putting on a big act for the cameras.
Old 11-11-2013   #271
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
And, I loved in Incognito's interview with his workout buddy Jay Glazer how poor victimized Richie sad he just wanted to hug Johnathan Martin.
yeah, no doubt. I mean, who here hasn't called their best buddy and threatened to physically assault their sister and rape their mom while throwing out racial insults, and then extorted money from them? Just dudes being dudes, amirite? [/sarcasm]

After hearing Antonio Smith talk about Incognito, that interview was goofy.
Old 11-12-2013   #272
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Giants legend Lawrence Taylor told the New York Daily News that Jonathan Martin should have kept his issues with Richie Incognito inside the locker roomTaylor, who spent his entire NFL career with the New York Giants from 1981 to 1993, played when the Giants kept all of their issues in-house. The Hall of Famer said that while he does not condone Incognito’s behavior in the Miami Dolphins bullying case, he would welcome Incognito back into the locker room before Martin. From the New York Daily News:“Martin wouldn’t be allowed back in my locker room,” Taylor told the Daily News. “I understand Incognito may be a bad guy, but all that stuff should have stayed in the locker room. I don’t know if I would let Incognito back in the locker room either, but he would be allowed back in my locker room before the other guy would. They are texting each other like two women. I don’t understand that.
“If you are that sensitive and weak-minded, then find another profession,” he said. “That’s the way I feel about it. This is the NFL. This is football. This is not table tennis. This is not golf. I don’t know how you bully a 350-pound player.”
http://tracking.si.com/2013/11/09/la...?sct=obnetwork
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #273
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post

Thanks lt for the advice too bad no one could give you solid guidance to prevent some of your 10+ arrests
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #274
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Giants legend Lawrence Taylor told...
LT should probably focus on staying away crack and underage prostitutes, remembering to register himself as a sex offender if he moves, and helping his son LT, Jr. prepare his own defense for multiple child molestation, statutory rape, and sodomy charges.
Old 11-12-2013   #275
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Pic:

Richie Incognito GMail Inbox

Theres one from Schaub, and Ed Reed!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #276
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Richie Incognito GMail Inbox

Theres one from Schaub, and Ed Reed!
Old 11-13-2013   #277
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

schefter said on mike and mike there was at least one other current phins player who felt similar to Martin about the phins culture/incognito although said player didnt experience all that Martin did and that at least one phins Admin also felt similarly and that it was only a matter of if these folks would have enough stones to tell the league and its investigator the truth about what they know
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #278
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
schefter said on mike and mike there was at least one other current phins player who felt similar to Martin about the phins culture/incognito although said player didnt experience all that Martin did and that at least one phins Admin also felt similarly and that it was only a matter of if these folks would have enough stones to tell the league and its investigator the truth about what they know
There's a leadership vacuum on that team, and its apparent throughout this whole ordeal. Seems like a "go along to get along" mentality set in and one person with a big personality set the tone in the locker room, regardless of whether or not he was a fit person to set that tone. Coaching should have stepped up and set an example. Philbin is like a limp rag.

What a hot mess of a franchise. I know the Texans are going through their little trials and tribulations right now, with grumblings about accountability and coaching, but at least I'm confident that there are real leaders in the locker room who also happen to be good people.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #279
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Schefter reporting of at least one other player and two other members of the Dolphins organization who have similar complaints/experienced similar feelings that Martin did regarding Incognito. Question is whether they want to go on the record publicly.
Old 11-14-2013   #280
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Richie Incognito files grievance against Miami Dolphins

Quote:
Incognito on Thursday filed a non-football injury grievance against the team, seeking to collect the paychecks he stands to lose as a result of his Nov. 3 suspension for “conduct detrimental to the team.”

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read