Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2013   #81
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
I don't get this Foster hate. At all.
Like power outages breed people, losing breeds stupid.
Old 11-07-2013   #82
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
its because he's a talented player and fans will be fans. They refuse to see what's right in front of them and make warped rationalizations and excuses for players they like.

Foster has had character issues well before he ever became a texan. He's had problems at Tennessee. There's been several times where he has acted out like a spoiled child on the football field.

You can see all of this if you choose to open your eyes and stop being a homer with his whole vegan, poetry, selling stock, anti ncaa pay me routine. He comes off as some pretentious know it all pretending to be so illuminated and all knowing.

He's not that smart and his interview with spencer tillman last year or a couple of years ago (where they talk poetry) shows what a real intelligent person looks like (Tillman) vs someone who pretends.

His actions right now prove it. He's ding up but since its a lost season he's packing it in despite being able to play. I understand his logic, saving his body for more years(equals one more year being paid) but please dont insult people's intelligence by trying to excuse and rationalize his selfish actions.
Dude u are biased about more players than anyone else i have ever seen on this board, If he was out training with AJ in the off season then the boy is not lazy. Doc told us his hamstring could lead to other problems, you dont know what Foster is going through injury wise.

Foster is an elite running back, AJ had his 2 seasons of major inujuries where it looked like his career may be over, he is now healthier than ever.
Old 11-07-2013   #83
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe there are folks turning on Arian where there are so many more deserving candidates for this ill will.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-07-2013   #84
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I can't believe there are folks turning on Arian where there are so many more deserving candidates for this ill will.
You know how fans are, they are worse than the flu, jumping from one host to the other. only to find their next victim. This is why i could never be a pro athlete, well that and the fact i am not a superior specimen gifted with a 6'6 frame and who can run the 40 in 4.5 seconds. But still......
Old 11-07-2013   #85
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact that Arian was seeing more doctors today is not exactly a great sign. As my concerns ran high re. his back, especially after he required epidural injections, they now run just as high that he ultimately ends up requiring "sharp therapy" similar to Cody.
Old 11-07-2013   #86
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
its because he's a talented player and fans will be fans. They refuse to see what's right in front of them and make warped rationalizations and excuses for players they like.

Foster has had character issues well before he ever became a texan. He's had problems at Tennessee. There's been several times where he has acted out like a spoiled child on the football field.

You can see all of this if you choose to open your eyes and stop being a homer with his whole vegan, poetry, selling stock, anti ncaa pay me routine. He comes off as some pretentious know it all pretending to be so illuminated and all knowing.

He's not that smart and his interview with spencer tillman last year or a couple of years ago (where they talk poetry) shows what a real intelligent person looks like (Tillman) vs someone who pretends.

His actions right now prove it. He's ding up but since its a lost season he's packing it in despite being able to play. I understand his logic, saving his body for more years(equals one more year being paid) but please dont insult people's intelligence by trying to excuse and rationalize his selfish actions.
You wrote three paragraphs explaining that you don't like his personality, but none supporting your actual argument. You're going to need more substance to make your case. Let me help you out here with some guidance...

We'll start with anecdotal evidence: Are you at the practices? His workouts? Have other players suggested he's uncommitted?

Let's move on to hard data: Have you seen his MRI's? X-Rays?

Cite an expert opinion: Is there an experienced doctor in this forum who could advise? If only we had a doctor around here... Hmm... We would need a doctor who could tell you back in September that Foster's calf, hamstring, and back injuries followed by epidural are NOT indicative of further compensatory injuries in 6-8 weeks, and any injury claims by Foster during that timeframe are likely due to Foster being a selfish pseudo-intellectual beat-poet.

If you find any success in that effort, you should team up with the guy from the Schaub thread who thinks it's cool to throw ice at players. You two could be a private investigation duo like Simon & Simon who team up to sell information to coaches on who's lazy and who's a loser.
Old 11-07-2013   #87
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian has been one of the few Texans that has always shined in the big games. I would think he deserves the benefit of the doubt and I don't blame him for pulling himself if he is injured.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
Old 11-07-2013   #88
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

They should try and buy the big truck that Lee Majors used to drive around in "The Fall Guy".

Just because.
Old 11-07-2013   #89
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
You wrote three paragraphs explaining that you don't like his personality, but none supporting your actual argument. You're going to need more substance to make your case. Let me help you out here with some guidance...

We'll start with anecdotal evidence: Are you at the practices? His workouts? Have other players suggested he's uncommitted?

Let's move on to hard data: Have you seen his MRI's? X-Rays?

Cite an expert opinion: Is there an experienced doctor in this forum who could advise? If only we had a doctor around here... Hmm... We would need a doctor who could tell you back in September that Foster's calf, hamstring, and back injuries followed by epidural are NOT indicative of further compensatory injuries in 6-8 weeks, and any injury claims by Foster during that timeframe are likely due to Foster being a selfish pseudo-intellectual beat-poet.

If you find any success in that effort, you should team up with the guy from the Schaub thread who thinks it's cool to throw ice at players. You two could be a private investigation duo like Simon & Simon who team up to sell information to coaches on who's lazy and who's a loser.
Briscoe, use the ignore button. I ignored this guy a long time ago. Just ignore, don't quote and they will go away.

Unless you feel qualified to administer a plastectomy so the DB can see with his head up his own ass. Then, by all means, proceed.
Old 11-07-2013   #90
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
Arian has been one of the few Texans that has always shined in the big games. I would think he deserves the benefit of the doubt and I don't blame him for pulling himself if he is injured.
Especially if a doctor in this forum predicted this injury and timeframe seven weeks ago.
Old 11-08-2013   #91
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Briscoe, use the ignore button. I ignored this guy a long time ago. Just ignore, don't quote and they will go away.

Unless you feel qualified to administer a plastectomy so the DB can see with his head up his own ass. Then, by all means, proceed.
I try to avoid using the ignore list, and I only have one person on it.

A lot of people are joining the forums this year just to lash out at the organization, and it's diluting the quality of the discussions. It's up to veteran members to reject these low-value ideas being thrown around. It's why I've been so vocal the past few weeks with these people. They rationalize applauding when players are injured, condone throwing ice at players, they include players' families in their rants, and they make their criticisms personal. No wonder TexMex Mom stopped posting here.

So I don't think they should be ignored; We should vet their crude ideas until they learn to filter them themselves, or stop posting trash altogether. I think every veteran member here should make an extra effort until the plague has passed.
Old 11-08-2013   #92
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A lot of people are joining the forums this year just to lash out at the organization, and it's diluting the quality of the discussions. It's up to veteran members to reject these low-value ideas being thrown around. It's why I've been so vocal the past few weeks with these people. They rationalize applauding when players are injured, condone throwing ice at players, they include players' families in their rants, and they make their criticisms personal. No wonder TexMex Mom stopped posting here.

So I don't think they should be ignored; We should vet their crude ideas until they learn to filter them themselves, or stop posting trash altogether. I think every veteran member here should make an extra effort until the plague has passed.
Please use the quote button less then.
Old 11-08-2013   #93
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Please use the quote button less then.
I hear you. I still twitch every time I scroll past a quote of Uncle Rico.
Old 11-08-2013   #94
Tearstain
Rookie

Section: I wish :(
Rep Power: 5598 Tearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hear you. I still twitch every time I scroll past a quote of Uncle Rico.
Hey don't class all new forum members.

Some (ie. Me) might say somthing stupid as I am not as clued up about things as most of you.

We only get drip fed info about football over here in UK and even less about the Texans.
Old 11-08-2013   #95
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Can I short his stock?

...any put options out there?

To me, it just feels like he's given up. He's stopped taking football seriously, and he's more invested in his career as a celebrity.
Actually, you can, kind of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Street
Here are the salient points: Fantex is listing a "convertible" tracking stock for 20% of Arian Foster's so-called brand income. In the very same offering, Fantex is also offering shares in the brokerage platform's common stock. If you buy Arian Foster's tracking stock, it can be convertible to Fantex platform common stock at any time and in any way the company's management sees fit.
Link

Sad stuff.
Old 11-08-2013   #96
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstain View Post

Some (ie. Me) might say somthing stupid as I am not as clued up about things as most of you.

We only get drip fed info about football over here in UK and even less about the Texans.
No worries man! Most members here who have been around a while are perfectly accepting of new people. It's just when people join and immediately start bashing players/management/have unrealistic ideas and won't engage in constructive discussion that people start getting upset. Develop a reputation before getting crazy.

To the subject at hand though. Questioning Arian's drive is stupid. He's probably pushing himself too much right now and that's why he's getting all these injuries, compensating for the existing ones (as Doc has said multiple times). You same people saying he has no drive/love for the game are the same one's that would be b*tching if he was sitting out to completely heal. He can't win with you people.
Old 11-08-2013   #97
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstain View Post

Fyi - you have access to as much information as us. There's this fancy new thing called the internet that really helps. Hehe. Seriously though, most of us get our information from websites and message boards. TV & radio coverage is usually hours to days behind.

Reading the Texans Talk boards will get you up to speed. Welcome to the boards.
Old 11-08-2013   #98
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
No worries man! Most members here who have been around a while are perfectly accepting of new people. It's just when people join and immediately start bashing players/management/have unrealistic ideas and won't engage in constructive discussion that people start getting upset. Develop a reputation before getting crazy.
Yep. Unless a new member is already clued in to the ettiquette, it's best to lurk for a while. I was member of the Something Awful forums a few years back, and their ettiquette is harsh, but sensible. Mods quickly ban and probate people for quality control, which is necessary due to the volume of people joining daily.

On the other hand, you don't want veterans acting too exclusive or snobby. As you said, most members here are reasonably inclusive.

Quote:
To the subject at hand though. Questioning Arian's drive is stupid. He's probably pushing himself too much right now and that's why he's getting all these injuries, compensating for the existing ones (as Doc has said multiple times). You same people saying he has no drive/love for the game are the same one's that would be b*tching if he was sitting out to completely heal. He can't win with you people.
Exactly.
Old 11-08-2013   #99
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The bold is the key. Don't roll in here calling people, ignorant, homers, koolaid drinkers, haters, etc. especially without being able to back it up.
Old 11-08-2013   #100
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Great post, man. Vinny has always said to give posters enough room to define themselves (obviously drawing a line about personal attacks, etc.).

When someone is allowed to speak their mind long enough, their own words define them and everyone else forms a perception of that individual based on the thoughts they put on these pages.

We have never promoted group-think mentality. On the contrary, the forum flourishes when all perspectives are laid out. But sometimes a perspective can be so vindictive, so filled with vitriol and hate, that it goes into extremism and loses all objectivity. And that is when the collective standards of members comes into play, because you see folks with different opinions aligning themselves together against the obvious troll cancer until it is eradicated, either by choice or by force.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read