Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-14-2013   #121
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default 2013 College Football Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Aggies were good today. Their defense is slowly morphing into the Houston Cougars D but they got a buttload of offense and while I personally don't care much for Johnny Paycheck he is a hell of a football player.

Aggie fans should be pleased. [bold] I was hoping they'd get the **** beat out of them to maybe shut up some of the "instant" (just add winning!) fans who have popped up in my circle recently but this will do.[/bold]
This is where I am at. They have been as obnoxious as Cowboy fans. The football program at A&M has not won a conference championship in how many years now? 18? 19? Yet the way these folks talked their poop stinketh not. The sounds of crickets chirping since midway through the 2nd qtr has been peaceful bliss. They have gone radio silent.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #122
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 College Football Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
This is where I am at. They have been as obnoxious as Cowboy fans. The football program at A&M has not won a conference championship in how many years now? 18? 19? Yet the way these folks talked their poop stinketh not. The sounds of crickets chirping since midway through the 2nd qtr has been peaceful bliss. They have gone radio silent.
I'm with ya'll. I went to law school from 93-96 and some of my best friends were Aggies. I had to hear about Aggie recruiting and greatness for 3 years despite them not winning a whole lot of big games and having a handful of bowl wins and a nice stretch in the 80s. They ragged on me non-stop about TCU. For the last 15 years TCU has dominated comparatively to the Ags yet they still tell me that the TCU's Rose Bowl win and two BCS games don't count because of their competition...competition that included beating Big 12 teams and being in BCS games and winning one. Aggie fans are so over the top that they matter and they haven't for 2 decades until now. Despite being an idiot I like a cocky QB and Johnny Football but prefer Aggie fans get no satisfaction. They're a cult.
Old 09-15-2013   #123
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Wisconsin just got screwed. Time expiring, they are on like the 15-20 yard line, down by two. Arizona State defender falls on the ground right where the ball should be spotted, then the ref spots the ball and tells Wisconson they can't snap it, time expires. Then the refs run off the field in fear. That was absolute robbery.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 09-15-2013 at 03:00 AM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #124
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just stumbled across this article......

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...16--ncaaf.html

Quote:
Savannah State is a 60-point underdog for the third time in less than two seasons

If you need an example of a college football team willing to get mauled for a significant payday, look no further than Savannah State.

The Tigers are 60 point underdogs to Miami on Saturday, the third time they've been on the wrong side of a 60 point (or more) point spread since 2012.

Last season, Savannah State opened against Oklahoma State and the line on that game was a whopping 65.5 points before kickoff. Oklahoma State covered easily, 84-0. So the following week, Savannah State was even a bigger underdog against Florida State.

That line opened at 70 points and went down to a meager 65 by kickoff. But Savannah State covered this time, only losing to Florida State 55-0. The line against Miami Saturday opened at 55, but quickly shot up to 60 points.

Will Miami score at least 60 points to cover? They haven't scored over 60 since 2002. Your best play may be with Savannah State.

For both games last season, Savannah State took home $860,000. It'll make $375,000 against Miami. That's over $1 million for three likely blowouts. Given how hard it can be to balance an athletic budget at a school in the FCS, you can't blame Savannah State for taking the large paydays when they present themselves, can you?
Just for grins I'm taking Miami -60. I'm not really betting due to my horrible luck when money is on the table, but just for grins.
Old 09-19-2013   #125
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Tajh Boyd not having a great night but is avoiding costly mistakes against the wolfpack.
Old 09-21-2013   #126
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Few thoughts on our game vs SMU.

Too many penalties. 13 for 100+ yards is unacceptable.

Defense looks better. They look more fiery, playing with a chip on their shoulder. Starters back and getting their feet wet.

Offense is as good as ever. Mike Evans was less there this game, but I think that's because he's Manziel's emergency go to guy and there were no emergency situations in this game. Malcome Kennedy had a good game, as did Ben Malena. Tra Carson is a wrecking ball of a RB.

Deshazor Everett will be playing on Sundays. He's a good CB.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #127
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't want to create a whole thread for him, but I'd love to have the receiver Reese from Baylor. His speed is incredible. I just don't want to burn another top 4 round pick on receiver.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #128
Swearinger
Sleeper

Rep Power: 0 Swearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I didn't want to create a whole thread for him, but I'd love to have the receiver Reese from Baylor. His speed is incredible. I just don't want to burn another top 4 round pick on receiver.
That whole team look's like they could run the 40 in 4.4 seconds.
Swearinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #129
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Case McCoy had a good game eh???
Old 10-12-2013   #130
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Case McCoy had a good game eh???
he still has one of the worst throws i have ever seen, he is horrible. The texas running game is the real reason the beat OU today
Old 10-12-2013   #131
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
he still has one of the worst throws i have ever seen, he is horrible. The texas running game is the real reason the beat OU today
I only saw a little bit of the game while I was in the tire shop. That first huge TD & a few plays after.
Old 10-27-2013   #132
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29204 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

It's comforting that (most of) the college teams we root for around here are doing well. Really takes the sting out of the Texans' performance so far.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #133
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Knowing I can count on A&M to win this weekend (granted, it's friggin UTEP lol) is a good salve over the pain of watching the Texans lose normally. However, I'm legitimately excited this weekend because I've been converted into the Faith of Keenum

Glad our D showed up to play against Vandy. Offense was shooting itself in the foot with all the fumbles. Manziel was solid except for the one interception. Mizzou looks beatable and LSU... well, that game is the wild card.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013   #134
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

#3 Florida State vs #7 Miami

Hoping Jaboo can keep it up!
Old 11-02-2013   #135
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
#3 Florida State vs #7 Miami

Hoping Jaboo can keep it up!
Dont worry TS, if Winston doesn't turn the ball over it will be another easy W for the Seminoles.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013   #136
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Dont worry TS, if Winston doesn't turn the ball over it will be another easy W for the Seminoles.
So much for that idea as Winston has thrown two INTs first half but holds lead.
Old 11-02-2013   #137
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
So much for that idea as Winston has thrown two INTs first half but holds lead.
They are making him settle for shorter routes and it's new to him. He looks a tad uncomfortable. We'll see how he adjusts.
Old 11-07-2013   #138
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'm going to go catch a little of the Oklahoma at Baylor game. Pretty nice Thursday night matchup!
Old 11-07-2013   #139
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I think I'm going to go catch a little of the Oklahoma at Baylor game. Pretty nice Thursday night matchup!
Note for me if there's much pressure on the Baylor QB; the guy has looked really good so far, but he barely saw any difficult situation.

If he can handle the pressure, this guy can be a little well-kept secret.

Can you watch the play of the OTs as well, please.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #140
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Not the most exciting game thus far.

All the talk about Baylor's offense and they really don't look all that impressive in the early portions of this game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read