Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2013   #24
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texian's Mid Season Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
You are going to have to link where Phillips has said he preferred smaller NTs. There are posts with link in this forum where Wade has pointed to previous NTs of different sizes that he played. He stated he takes what he has and tries to make them better. You can also say for every "lighter" Nose there are dozens who do not perform well. I think it depends on the fight in the dog rather than dog in fight. We have seen how Nose players have performed for Texans like Cody and Mitchell and I am ready to try a different approach. We get impact on the QB from Ninja, Watt and occasionally someone else but we need a way to shut down running game before the back gets past the LOS. Our Dline and LBs are not getting it done & why I am focusing on that in my mock.
I think if you review Wade's first press conference after being hired as Houston's DC I believe IIRC you will hear Wade discussing how he wants to attack the football and how he has been successful with a smaller 1 gap penetrating NT and he doesn't need a monster 2 gap NT in his system.

I understand what you're saying but science says that most 340 lb NT do not have the physical stamina to play 1000+ snaps a season and on average are limited to 300-400 snaps played effectively. Of course there are exceptions to every rule Wilfork and Ngata being two.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read