Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2013   #61
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8663 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
He's saving himself for the playoffs.
Playoffs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2R2sH2ScBM
Old 11-06-2013   #62
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
LOL.

Good question!

I think they probably put in a number of snap counts, maybe?

It would be crazy if they leave such a loophole open after Foster had gone from the game early a few times already.
I am genuinely curious. A lot of times those types of bonuses are based on whether you're active on game day. Sometimes they're based on other metrics like yards or carries. But I don't think I've ever heard of one based on number of plays. I'd be willing to bet he got the bonus for the past two games.
Old 11-06-2013   #63
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I am genuinely curious. A lot of times those types of bonuses are based on whether you're active on game day. Sometimes they're based on other metrics like yards or carries. But I don't think I've ever heard of one based on number of plays. I'd be willing to bet he got the bonus for the past two games.
Foster's bonus is almost certainly triggered by being active on game day.

There are snap count triggered bonuses but they are typically on a per season rather than per game basis.

Claiming Foster is being just ready enough to get a bonus check is naive at best. He doesn't control whether he is active. That is a medical staff/coaching decision and they are used to basically every player say they are ready to go. Having money on the line would only make them more reluctant if anything.
Old 11-06-2013   #64
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
Arian Foster is a selfish player who thinks he's so much more intelligent than he really is.

A poser trying to carry himself as some enlightened "keeping it real" cool hipster d-bag.

He needs to get over himself and start being a team player.
Sounds more like some of the posters on Texanstalk.
Old 11-06-2013   #65
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster didn't practice today. I hope he sits this next game out so we can see what Johnson & Graham can do.
Old 11-06-2013   #66
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 95025 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4tx View Post
lol overtrains? dude skipped out on all of camp. The guy doesn't like to practice or doesn't think he needs to practice. I was kidding about the vegan thing but just shows what a free spirit kind of guy he is to do that...its one thing if you are a 90lb woman to be a vegan and another to be one of the highest paid RBs in the game in a sport where you can take absolute beatings...but in his case, he slips and falls so much he rarely takes a hard shot...dude is the master of slipping for an extra yard but losing the ability to ever break one.

Great question about his game bonus...maybe why he "trys" for a few plays and then heads to the lockeroom....cha ching!
For every slip Arian makes, he goes back out and jukes players like they're in junior varsity.

This forum has lengthy threads dense with information contributed by an experience sports doctor that correctly predicted the degree and recovery time of Arian's injuries in the preseason. It's recommended that you rely on a rational source of information like those threads instead of your crystal ball for reading Arian's mind.
Old 11-06-2013   #67
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Arian Foster is a selfish player who thinks he's so much more intelligent than he really is.

A poser trying to carry himself as some enlightened "keeping it real" cool hipster d-bag.

Perhaps you should "get over" yourself.
Old 11-06-2013   #68
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 95025 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Where are people getting these mind reading abilities? Please, show me so I can make a one way trip to Vegas.
Old 11-06-2013   #69
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree Bill, you say anything other than " aw shucks he s hurt, but i know he wishes he can play" is wrong. Dont doubt him or his attitude or say his body language says he id a pompus arse. Nope he was just ran too hard like MANY RBs before him and still find success
Old 11-06-2013   #70
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Where are people getting these mind reading abilities? Please, show me so I can make a one way trip to Vegas.
I'm thinking it's Josh Innes in drag posting under a sock account.

His personal attitude against Foster spews on the radio and sounds just like the post you quoted.

I completely understand critical analysis of on-field performance.

I have never understood the personal vendetta attitude about the players themselves as people. Unless qualified that they actually know the player in real life, it all comes across as unsubstantiated gossip.
Old 11-06-2013   #71
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 10842 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
I agree Bill, you say anything other than " aw shucks he s hurt, but i know he wishes he can play" is wrong. Dont doubt him or his attitude or say his body language says he id a pompus arse. Nope he was just ran too hard like MANY RBs before him and still find success
I will try to be civil in light of this incredible ignorance. First I ask, where is your freaking evidence that he is being lazy, not a team player, selfish, or whatever asinine accusations you want to make? Next I will present my evidence that makes me think you are just completely ass backwards wrong:

- CND (a doctor and worth listening to, unlike you) warned us to take Kubiak's lies (coach speak) with salt and warned us that there will possibly be more injuries coming for Foster. That you chose to ignore someone as knowledgeable as him in light of your own non-educated assumptions is laughable at best.

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't want to play when the game is lost and angrily march along the sideline

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't try to play with hamstring injuries which are a lot more movement limiting then broken ribs

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't train hard as hell in the offseason, possibly to the point where he may have injured himself

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't try to push themselves through injuries that would strongly and negatively impact the remainder of their career

- Foster was out in camp because he was hurt and we wanted to try and save him for the season where things actually, you know, count. That is not selfishness, that is being INTELLIGENT.

I am still waiting for even a shred of rationality and sanity in you and other people who share your same narrow mindset of just HOW Foster is lazy, selfish, not a team player, or doesn't care. What a joke...
Old 11-06-2013   #72
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
I am still waiting for even a shred of rationality and sanity in you and other people who share your same narrow mindset .......
Dayum!

That sounds like me when I'm going off the reservation with those usual suspects down there in the surrealistic atmosphere of what is known as the "No Spin Zone".
Old 11-06-2013   #73
4x4tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 448 4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Have you ever put in a jock strap and played? Dude it's obvious his I'm the smartest guy in the room attitude is prevalent here. The guy is selling stock in himself, wth, just play hard and get paid..no need for gimmicks.

When did he ever march angrily on the sideline? The San Diego game was only one I saw and it was because Tate was running hard and stealing his thunder. Last two games he moped around on the sideline not once looking like a team player. No heart. Still laughing at this overtraining talk..Tate runs 10 times as hard as foster when healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-06-2013   #74
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
I will try to be civil in light of this incredible ignorance. First I ask, where is your freaking evidence that he is being lazy, not a team player, selfish, or whatever asinine accusations you want to make? Next I will present my evidence that makes me think you are just completely ass backwards wrong:

- CND (a doctor and worth listening to, unlike you) warned us to take Kubiak's lies (coach speak) with salt and warned us that there will possibly be more injuries coming for Foster. That you chose to ignore someone as knowledgeable as him in light of your own non-educated assumptions is laughable at best.

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't want to play when the game is lost and angrily march along the sideline

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't try to play with hamstring injuries which are a lot more movement limiting then broken ribs

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't train hard as hell in the offseason, possibly to the point where he may have injured himself

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't try to push themselves through injuries that would strongly and negatively impact the remainder of their career

- Foster was out in camp because he was hurt and we wanted to try and save him for the season where things actually, you know, count. That is not selfishness, that is being INTELLIGENT.

I am still waiting for even a shred of rationality and sanity in you and other people who share your same narrow mindset of just HOW Foster is lazy, selfish, not a team player, or doesn't care. What a joke...
It's frustrating that these things even have to be pointed out. They were obvious to anyone paying attention, or who bothered to keep their opinion informed.

Whether it's sports, politics, or any dogma, the most vocal are often the most uninformed.
Old 11-06-2013   #75
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4tx View Post
Have you ever put in a jock strap and played? Dude it's obvious his I'm the smartest guy in the room attitude is prevalent here. The guy is selling stock in himself, wth, just play hard and get paid..no need for gimmicks.

When did he ever march angrily on the sideline? The San Diego game was only one I saw and it was because Tate was running hard and stealing his thunder. Last two games he moped around on the sideline not once looking like a team player. No heart. Still laughing at this overtraining talk..Tate runs 10 times as hard as foster when healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Why would he care about Tate taking his reps if he's already paid and he's lazy?
Old 11-07-2013   #76
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

wow. Foster has repeatedly showed up and noticeably raised his level of play in big games. He was a work horse for us all season long last year. If we get eliminated he's the one player I wouldn't mind resting until next year. rb's have a short life and foster can still play the position at an elite level.
Old 11-07-2013   #77
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone who questions Foster's dedication after everything he did for us last year (Single handling beating the bears, destroying the bengals, and setting records for an undrafted RB), deserves to watch this epic failure of a season.

Flat out ignorance because you literally do not know what you are talking about.
Old 11-07-2013   #78
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

not to mention even AJ said he and Foster trained together along with fosters brother all off season, why would someone who has quit be training when they dont have to ?
Old 11-07-2013   #79
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think what a lot of people are interpreting as a bad attitude and laziness in Foster is simply frustration. When running backs get the kind of carries he's had they start to break down but it's not like they suddenly feel like they're less capable or more fragile. Foster had high hopes for this season and set the bar way up there. He started working in camp and his body didn't cooperate.

He's probably as surprised as anyone that he can't stay on the field and that when he does he isn't getting the results he expected. I bet it's pissing him off too. Will rest bring him back to where he was or even close? I don't know. Maybe? Usually when you run one of these guys into the ground you don't get them back the same way ever again but a few of them do recover. Foster's not a real banger who takes a lot of hits and deals out punishment to those who try to tackle him so maybe he just needs to give it a rest and come back at it in a few weeks. I think putting him on IR would be a mistake personally. Sure, the rest would help but I think he needs to be out there playing with Keenum before the season ends and getting involved in the slightly different chemistry we have going on now that Case is starting. Foster's safety-valve catches are going to result in long gains if Case continues to keep teams focused on stopping the deep ball. We need Foster and/or another back like him. Tate's a talented back but he's not got Arian's elusiveness and vision. Arian Foster has been the perfect back for this system. Very nearly a Terrell Davis quality piece to this system.

Times like these I want to strangle Cierre Wood for screwing this opportunity up. He'd be vaulting Ben Tate right now if he could follow the damn rules.
Old 11-07-2013   #80
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
not to mention even AJ said he and Foster trained together along with fosters brother all off season, why would someone who has quit be training when they dont have to ?
Also, you think AJ would train with someone who has quit?
(Just adding on here)

I don't get this Foster hate. At all. But all the counter points have been made in this thread and promptly ignored.

Edit; As Hervoyel pointed out too, Foster will be scary with Case's ability to sling the ball down field.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read