Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2013   #141
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak Collapses at the half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
LMAO at "Texans have a failed business model"!!! What a bunch of hogwash.

Show me a business model where a $700 million investment turns into $1.4 BILLION worth, and any expert would say that is anything but a so-called "failed business model".

Your clear agenda blinds you to any credible objectivity.

It is one thing to want a FO overhaul, as many fans agree. But to spew ignorance about "failed business model" in the face of clear success is just goofy, at best.

Go ahead an spin it now.
Leave it to you DB to take it out of context. Leave it to you to create the SPIN. So you won't get confused further and better understand, I was discussing the ON THE FIELD BUSINESS PLAN. RE: OBJECTIVITY = 2 and 6 vs more Kool Aid excuses and spin.

THE ON FIELD BUSINESS OPERATIONS PLAN IS A FAILED PLAN
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #142
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait...what? Texian's a she?

*Trying to remember if I was an inconsiderate prick towards Texian*
Old 11-06-2013   #143
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Leave it to you DB to take it out of context. Leave it to you to create the SPIN. So you won't get confused further and better understand, I was discussing the [b]ON THE FIELD BUSINESS PLAN. RE: OBJECTIVITY = 2 and 6 vs more Kool Aid excuses and spin.

THE ON FIELD BUSINESS OPERATIONS PLAN IS A FAILED PLAN
What often cracks me up - and I mean literally makes me laugh - is having the same ultimate goal as another poster but being complete at odds on how we present these perspectives.

You have been so critical of so many aspects of this franchise that I refuse to assume anything into your words. When you say "Texans have a failed business model" , even in the context of hyping an opponent, I am going to read your words as you present them.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Wait...what? Texian's a she?

*Trying to remember if I was an inconsiderate prick towards Texian*
'eh, she's a big girl. She has no problem in bing a prick to anyone else, so don't sweat it.

She'd be having an aneurysm by now if I was infantrycak.
Old 11-06-2013   #144
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
She probably ain't got a clue what you mean by that, but Lordy, I sure do.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #145
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What often cracks me up - and I mean literally makes me laugh - is having the same ultimate goal as another poster but being complete at odds on how we present these perspectives.

You have been so critical of so many aspects of this franchise that I refuse to assume anything into your words. When you say "Texans have a failed business model" , even in the context of hyping an opponent, I am going to read your words as you present them.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

'eh, she's a big girl. She has no problem in bing a prick to anyone else, so don't sweat it.

No Big Deal DB. You're are the only one who came up with such a cockamamie interpretation of the post, a real stretch but can certainly be expected from someone who is all cracked up. Apparently you're the only one who didn't understand.
Old 11-06-2013   #146
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If the source of his TIA is entirely controllable and is indeed completely controlled, such as the most likely AF, by medication or ablation, do not be surprised to see him return within the next 2 weeks.
I've been told that the source of my TIA is entirely controllable but I resist my doctors orders and continue watching Houston Texans football.

I've no one to blame but myself.
Old 11-06-2013   #147
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

if you want to get technical. The business side of the Texans are doing quite well and making tons of money

The entertainment model of the texans. Not so well

Like Vinny coined the phrase a long time ago along the lines of the
Texans being a marketing company with a football division

Anywho..Back on track

Per sports app reports are Kubiak is expected back on week 11
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #148
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No Big Deal DB. You're are the only one who came up with such a cockamamie interpretation of the post, a real stretch but can certainly be expected from someone who is all cracked up. Apparently you're the only one who didn't understand.
Don't count on it. He's the only one who took the time to respond. Doesn't mean he was the only one who read that and went "wut?"
Old 11-06-2013   #149
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Don't count on it. He's the only one who took the time to respond. Doesn't mean he was the only one who read that and went "wut?"
He understood the original post perfectly well, just like everyone else. Only DB was also looking pizzing match. Unfortunately he was standing facing a head wind.
Old 11-06-2013   #150
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Where I come from (and most of the people I know come from) the phrase business model is interpreted to mean business model. Instead of being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative, couldn't you just say "no big deal, I probably could've used a different phrase"?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #151
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So...assuming we get past the issue of 'business model' actually meaning our approach to obtaining, developing and compensating talent do you think our current regime's approach is a good one? Meaning is this where you expected to be in year eight of our 'plan'? Are you fine with the fact that we are merely treading water while other teams in the league are making rapid progress in a fraction of the time? Including the Colts in our own division? Should the Texans be 'in it to win it' or is selling jerseys and putting butts in seats the goal?
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #152
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was going to respond that I was probably the only one that read your post, but obviously I was the only one that spent any time bothering to respond to it.

Typed slowly it means: nobody else thought enough of your post to reply.

That's sort of a backhanded compliment, but the only kind that you will get from me.

Quote:
He understood the original post perfectly well, just like everyone else. Only DB was also looking pizzing match. Unfortunately he was standing facing a head wind.
Actually, that would be incorrect. If I had understood your post to mean what you did not actually write, then I never would have replied to it.

There are many of your posts...actually most of them to be honest...that I could confront if I wanted a "pizzing match". But your takes on football are not that interesting and I have no desire to debate your Fox News talking points in the NSZ.

I just made the mistake of taking your previously quoted post at face value when I replied. Obviously my mistake to give you any credit at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Where I come from (and most of the people I know come from) the phrase business model is interpreted to mean business model. Instead of being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative, couldn't you just say "no big deal, I probably could've used a different phrase"?
yeah, that would have been the easy way, but that's not how Ms. Texian likes to operate. She is always right...even when she's wrong.
Old 11-06-2013   #153
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've been told that the source of my TIA is entirely controllable but I resist my doctors orders and continue watching Houston Texans football.

I've no one to blame but myself.
With the little information that you've given me to work with, my personal long term prognosis for your: You're screwed!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #154
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
So...assuming we get past the issue of 'business model' actually meaning our approach to obtaining, developing and compensating talent do you think our current regime's approach is a good one? Meaning is this where you expected to be in year eight of our 'plan'? Are you fine with the fact that we are merely treading water while other teams in the league are making rapid progress in a fraction of the time? Including the Colts in our own division? Should the Texans be 'in it to win it' or is selling jerseys and putting butts in seats the goal?
Treading water? Damn, you don't even sell revisionism well. Last I checked going from 2 division titles to 2-6 it wasn't treading water, it was falling out of the freaking boat with cement shoes on. Point being, the last 3 seasons are not treading water. There were 2 with a ton of improvement and success and 1 unmitigated disaster.
Old 11-06-2013   #155
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Spot on. Barring a medical prognosis prohibiting him from coaching, firing Kubiak discussions are now moot. If able, he will be back.

Having a medical condition midseason shouldn't save someone's job if they were not cutting it prior to that condition. People need to be able to separate personal life from work. Why would you set your organization back (once again imho) because you feel sorry for someone. If he is able to come back sometime this season that would be fantastic. It would mean he is doing well health wise. I am all for Kubiak finishing out the season. He would have had he not had a stroke.

I don't like Kubiak as a head coach and I have been saying it for years. But I can separate those feelings and say I truly wish Kubiak a speedy recovery and want him to live a long and fruitful life. He really seems like a good man and is well liked. But I can also say I don't want him back coaching the Texans next year.

I've always maintained that Gary is a good offensive coordinator. I think the same thing about Phillips as defensive coordinator. Neither are great head coaches. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 11-06-2013   #156
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104942 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Texian is a woman she posed as a man named Larry House that commented on an article in the Chronicle that got included in an article written by Stephanie Stradley.

Either that or Texian is a man named Larry House.

Also Texian has been suspended from the official MB for some time now.
Old 11-06-2013   #157
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Having a medical condition midseason shouldn't save someone's job if they were not cutting it prior to that condition. People need to be able to separate personal life from work. Why would you set your organization back (once again imho) because you feel sorry for someone. If he is able to come back sometime this season that would be fantastic. It would mean he is doing well health wise. I am all for Kubiak finishing out the season. He would have had he not had a stroke.
I was on record prior to Kubiak's illness predicting he would not be fired. I do not believe McNair shares your evaluation of Kubiak. I don't think he views keeping Kubiak as holding the organization back. Instead, I would bet he thinks this team was poised for a serious run and has been let down by the epic meltdown of its starting QB. Now he is seeing flashes of brilliance from Case to possibly replace that glaring hole without much of a hiccup. I was not suggesting he would be retained because he fell ill, I already thought he would be retained. Plain and simple I was lampooning those pretending to care for Kubiak's health. That is by no means all people who want Kubiak fired.
Old 11-06-2013   #158
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

For the record I also don't think Kubiak will be fired. McNair marches to a different beat.
Old 11-06-2013   #159
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
If Texian is a woman she posed as a man named Larry House that commented on an article in the Chronicle that got included in an article written by Stephanie Stradley.

Either that or Texian is a man named Larry House.

Also Texian has been suspended from the official MB for some time now.
Thank You! One in the same.
Old 11-06-2013   #160
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
I think that what I think (or what you, or Texian, or Double Barrel thinks) is beside the point. Whether the Texans approach can be judged to be a good approach is entirely dependent on what Bob McNair thinks. It's his toy and if it's making him happy and doing what he places a priority on it doing then it's a success in his eyes.

My belief (based on observing from the outside with no real information as to the inner working of the Houston Texans) is that Bob places a lot of stock in running an "upstanding" organization. He places a great deal of importance on being good citizens in the community and he places a lot of emphasis on everyone attending Texans games having a fun, safe, and memorable "game day experience". He wants you to be happy when you leave Reliant Stadium regardless of the outcome of the football game. Win or lose he wants you to have had a good time and to come back..... with your wallet... and as much money as you can fit in it.

He's accomplishing all of that. He's involved in a multi-year process that he believes will result in his finding the Houston Texans version of Tom Landry and that will turn his franchise in the consistent winner that he wants in the model made famous by the Rooney's in Pittsburgh. He's about doing things "the right way" and having infinite patience while slow and steady wins the race.

Bob is in business and he makes business decisions. He believes in what he's doing and how he's doing it.

Now obviously he'd prefer owning a winner to owning a door mat but ultimately I think he's more concerned with being profitable and being seen as a good example of an NFL franchise than anything else. His consistency and his "process" will result in the titles. I think that's what he genuinely believes.

I wasn't a fan of the Kubiak hiring and my posts reflect that. Dig away and you'll see that I wanted an established winning coach and not someone doing this for the first time in their career. I was done with the Kubiak regime after his second 8-8. I felt like I'd seen enough and the years since then have born out what I felt would happen. The one thing I didn't see was McNair forging an alliance with Bum Phillips and hiring Bum's son, then basically giving him that half of the authority. I think that competent defense (arriving a few years too late to take advantage of the best years of some of our offensive players careers) accounts for the two division titles and the 10-6, 12-4 records. Without those I would have expected more 6-10 to 9-7 stumbling around from Gary and whatever dip**** he had hired to coach his defense.

In my view the Texans should be in it to win it but I haven't really expected that in a long, long time. I don't think we have any chance at all of getting there with Gary Kubiak and we won't get there with Wade Phillips who has placed Gary's job in an eternal state of "I got next". I like Wade and I loved Bum but Bum got that job for Wade and I don't want Wade to be my teams head coach.

I am certain however that unless Gary survives until Wade is ready to retire Wade is next up and it will be just as bad as what we've endured under Kubiak. These are not head coaches. They're nice guys and great coordinators but there's no leader here. Never has been. The Kubiak regime isn't about leadership. It's about being a "Pro" and doing things the right way and everyone pulling together to make sure we've all got each others backs. Much like McNair I think Gary just looks at those things and thinks that if he hangs in there they alone will lead to the desired result.

I really don't think McNair can tell the difference between what Kubiak gives him and what he believes will one day get him a ring as I spelled out in my second and third paragraph. I think they look close enough to one another that he thinks Gary's method is exactly like his process.

I think as fans we're ****ed unless one of these guys blindly stumbles upon the key to winning by accident.

Last edited by Hervoyel; 11-06-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read