Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2013   #21
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cheering and Throwing Ice ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I believe he was wearing his helmet during offensive drives in order to hear the calls going out to Case.

A buddy of mine at the last game said Schaub often took his helmet off during breaks and when the Texans defense was on the field.
Yup. Frankly kind of ignorant by the OP to think wearing his helmet was sulking.

Runner - your more optimistic interpretation is the correct one IMO of Schaub giving Case space to work. That was the right thing to do and should be applauded not criticized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
All Schaub ever did was play to the limits of his ability, save a bunch of Texans fans money by sticking with #8, and play so much better than David Carr that we finally knew what it was like to watch an NFL offense on the field.

He improved the team immensely when he came here. Was he the answer to the Super Bowl question? No and that's unfortunate but he tried and I don't hate him. I just want to see Case Keenum keep moving in the pocket and hitting wide open WR's deep. Doesn't mean I have any animosity towards Matt Schaub. Hell, if he works on his diction and stuff I'd perfectly content to hear him calling Texans games one day on the radio.
Spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
So you would rather his kids live here and endure the ridicule that is sure to come their way in school? Would rather his family not be able to go out to dinner or shopping without hearing the comments about how we had a chance at a Superbowl, but "that guy" blew it for us? Ok, guess I am ignorant ...
Please, please don't pretend you have any concern for his family.

I would have picked disingenuous rather than ignorant but we can go with both.
Old 11-06-2013   #22
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm so glad I never bought a #8 jersey, LOL.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #23
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously though. The potential for backlash from the fans seems obvious. Why didn't he just wear a headset? The reality of listening into the play calls made by Kubiak doesn't change the fact that he looked like a pouting dork on national TV. When I've seen Yates in a similar role he is wearing a headset and engaging with other people on the sideline. The helmet wasn't a wise fashion choice.

But whatever...I like Schaub a lot more as a person now that his career with the Texans is probably over. Would have been nice if Kubiak could have made that decision before Schaub contributed so greatly to our ruined season and became public enemy #1 though.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #24
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't look like he's sulking here. Looks like he's into the game and fired up with this catch by Hops

Old 11-06-2013   #25
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I'm so glad I never bought a #8 jersey, LOL.
I got a couple of them. I'm not sad I spent the money. I got quite a few years of service out of them.

It's time to go get some #7's though. My guy in China's already cranking them out

Old 11-06-2013   #26
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 4127 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Running the guy out of town is overly harsh. I don't know him personally, but by all accounts, Schaub seems to be a good fellow human being. As a Texans fan, I am simply relieved beyond all possible imagination that he is no longer the starting QB and I won't develop any ulcers watching him play on my beloved football team. Outside of that, I could care less what he does or where he goes as long as it doesn't affect the Texans. Stay in Houston, move to the end of the world, go to the moon? It's all good to me as long as someone else is playing QB.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #27
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Doesn't look like he's sulking here. Looks like he's into the game and fired up with this catch by Hops
What you cannot see is that both middle fingers are extended and he's yelling "EFF YOU CASE!!!"

Kidding of course.

Great find, though. I have heard nothing but positive things about Schaub as it pertains to helping Case as the starter. I would expect nothing less from Schaub, as he has always exemplified professionalism as a Houston Texan.

Sad how so many fans are unable to be objective and have to make it personal against the man. Reminds me of my grandpa telling me to never befriend a known backstabber, because that pat on the back might be looking for a soft spot to plant the knife.
Old 11-06-2013   #28
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
After watching MS stand there sulking for two games wearing his helmet on the sideline ... hiding under it, while his team is out there battling for Case in a way they never would have for him ... now I get it. I have never been a Schaub supporter, but also thought the fans were acting foolish for going at him the way they did. I don't anymore. Just want him and his family out of Houston as soon as possible so we can began the process of forgetting we ever had the misfortune of having him here to begin with. Matt Schaub is the definition of a loser.
Seriously, I have not been a Schaub lover, but he has done well here far better than we had when he got here.

- he seems like a pretty decent guy.
- they are both very active in the community.

I'm not sure why you think running him out of town is a great idea, have some respect for the effort and time he's put into our team.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #29
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Who you goina believe, kingtexan or your lying eyes.

Old 11-06-2013   #30
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
Why didn't he just wear a headset? The reality of listening into the play calls made by Kubiak doesn't change the fact that he looked like a pouting dork on national TV. When I've seen Yates in a similar role he is wearing a headset and engaging with other people on the sideline.
Careful, they might hear you ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #31
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #32
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this an example of the great body language interpretation we need TSA to use to find terrorists?

Or am I totally in the wrong section?
Old 11-06-2013   #33
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I'm not sure what people expect when a starting QB gets demoted, and is no longer the starting QB. It's going to take a while for Matt to either find his new role, or move on from the team.

I can't imagine how hard is to lose the starting QB role. Give him a break he's trying to find his role, and not interfere with what's going on with Case. Give him a couple weeks and let's see what he's going to do.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #34
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Geez, some people take sports way too far. Dislike the 'player' as much as you like, but it's ignorant talking like this about a guy and his family over bad performances on the field.

I've never met the guy, but he seems like a great person off the field.
100% Agree ... KingTexan is way out of line with this post.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #35
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Who is Matt Schaub?
Old 11-06-2013   #36
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Who you goina believe, kingtexan or your lying eyes.

All I see is Tafoya in her lil' tights

[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostform View Post
Old 11-06-2013   #37
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Is this an example of the great body language interpretation we need TSA to use to find terrorists?

Or am I totally in the wrong section?

Well, it is about as silly and as effective...

anyway, schuab was a weird body language/facial expression player when he the productive, clear leader of the team. Add poor performance and getting replaced is not going to help that out any.
Old 11-06-2013   #38
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 113379 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been upfront and vocal about hoping Schaub never plays QB here again. He's simply no longer a good QB for the texàns. I expect him to be very pissed about knowing he's done here but I also expect him go be a professional. But there is no reason I would want him out of houston. He has been a positive figure in the community and is very charitable. If I ever saw him I won't go asking for a pic and autograph but I would never insult him or his family either. Some people need to get a better grip on reality. The texans are my favorite team, entertainers and show but that's all it is. At the end of the season good or bad I get ready for the next one. Who the phu@k throws ice? That's the behavior of idiot children.
Old 11-06-2013   #39
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you would rather his kids live here and endure the ridicule that is sure to come their way in school? Would rather his family not be able to go out to dinner or shopping without hearing the comments about how we had a chance at a Superbowl, but "that guy" blew it for us? Ok, guess I am ignorant ...
Problem identified! Good job!

Seriously, what kind of an asshat would raise their kids to bully Schaub's kids? And he "blew" the Superbowl for the Texans? Without him the Texans NEVER would have made the playoffs.

After 6 years of being the best QB ever in Texans history his body broke down, and he has been replaced and you think he and his family should never be allowed to show their faces in Houston again because people will bully them and give them crap? Not that many people are Richie Incognito or you.
Old 11-06-2013   #40
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to be done with the Schaub era as much as anyone, but some of you guys are being way to harsh.

Schaub has done a lot of good for this team, and before his injury, was in the discussion as a top 10 QB. He had a terrible injury thanks to that DB Haynesworth that he has not been able to recover from, and never will.

I would much rather thank him for all he has done on his way out than treat him like he is a piece of trash. Even Kubiak figured this out and made a very uncharacteristic change in the middle of the season.

I understand that people are pissed that the season has not lived up to our hyped up expectations, but after all it is really JUST a game, not real life. Even JJ spoke about football not being real life after Kubiak had the stroke, and he is as intense and into football as they come.

-Texecutioner, 4/19/2013
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read