Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2013   #21
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hello from a Colts fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean1818 View Post
Tough crowd

Anyway .... Good game.

Im sure the game in Indy will be a good one as well

Take care
Hard to find happy Texans fans these days. There's quite a bit of frustration round these parts, and rightfully so.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #22
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Think "The crazy b!tch finally left." (Oilers). Think "I found a really good chick, and this time it's going to work!" (Texans founded). Think "Crap, I married this?!" (GM Casserly years). Think "The ex wife is now bringing our son (Vince Young) to town every year to kick the new wife's ass, and some of my own kin is cheering him on." Think "Thank God for therapy, she's better now and maybe we really can be happy!" (2010-2012 seasons). Think "Mother of God! She's off her meds and having a major meltdown! Why can't I just be happy?!" (This season).

Welcome to our happy home. Glad you like the tea.
Feels about right. MSR.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #23
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 73652 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One thing I will point out. I was amazed how well your tackle handled Mathis.

Who in the heck is that guy?
duane brown "our tackle" is probably the best LT in football, even though he's no charles spencer .
Old 11-06-2013   #24
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I feel very fortunate.

Of course, as a long time fan we did put up with stellar QB names like Gary Hogaboom. We traded our future to draft Jeff George. We gave up a ransom for Eric Dickerson. We gave up 2 first round picks for Fredd Young. (Ever heard of that guy?) We drafted so many very 1st round busts, we were the laughing stock of the NFL

We had so many years of C.O.L.T.S. (Count on losing this Sunday)

After STUPID front office moves...... We finally started turning it around..... And yes....... Luck did play a part.

Its almost like we were so bad, for so long, that we "deserve" the luck we are getting today.

Now, to Andrew Luck. He has some room to improve. For whatever reason, the guy just plays better in th 4th quarter. Its almost like he needs more time to warm up.

He isnt a manning, but as he develops more consistency, he can be a great one. His edge over Peyton is on 3rd down. If Peyton didnt find an open guy, we would punt. Luck runs for it and usually makes it.

AND.......If we dont get some real blockers....Luck will be injured soon

I moved to Dallas (hate the cowboys) and do keep an eye on the Texans, when my Colts arent playing.

Good Luck with the rest of the year....... (Just not the Colts game )
Yeeeaaah, I think we have paid our dues here in Houston long enough (decades upon decades) for a great QB to finally fall in our laps, let alone TWO IN A ROW!! Lol, you lucky sob. We have had to deal with the Buffalo collapse in 92, team leaving, expansion/Carr era, And now this teaser of a 2 yr "window" that we had go poof only to see you guys have Manning get freak hurt just in time to see Luck drafted. lol, wtf?!? Good luck to you too, though you clearly already have it.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #25
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One thing I will point out. I was amazed how well your tackle handled Mathis.

Who in the heck is that guy?

I will also say that I wanted Indy to take the WR from Clemson. He was a beast in College. He will be a star IMHO.

I think a trip to kicker mart, may be the biggest thing you guys need.

(And maybe a DB or two)

Later

I'm not trying to speak ill of your team, but you beat guys who have two wins...and only did so by 3 points don't celebrate too haughtily. Also, the WORST kicker in the NFL having a bull on the side of his head didn't hurt you by a damn sight. LASTLY let me state this for YOU and fans of the other 30 teams in the NFL and every half blind ref who is taking briefcases full of unmarked bills before games: "Andre Johnson either CATCHES the football...or he doesn't. HE DOES NOT VUGGIN' JUGGLE! I can only hope the replay official who made that vugged up call in your favor was able to find a mouthwash to remove the taste of Andrew Luck's semen from his palate after the game. Speak ill of the rest of the team if you like, but AJ is a consumate professional and DOES his job. THAT is why he will be in the hall of fame.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #26
Dean1818
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I'm not trying to speak ill of your team, but you beat guys who have two wins...and only did so by 3 points don't celebrate too haughtily. Also, the WORST kicker in the NFL having a bull on the side of his head didn't hurt you by a damn sight. LASTLY let me state this for YOU and fans of the other 30 teams in the NFL and every half blind ref who is taking briefcases full of unmarked bills before games: "Andre Johnson either CATCHES the football...or he doesn't. HE DOES NOT VUGGIN' JUGGLE! I can only hope the replay official who made that vugged up call in your favor was able to find a mouthwash to remove the taste of Andrew Luck's semen from his palate after the game. Speak ill of the rest of the team if you like, but AJ is a consumate professional and DOES his job. THAT is why he will be in the hall of fame.
I didnt post anything negative about anyone but your kicker. (Maybe your DB)

AJ is great, but I think your rookie may actually be better in the long run.

My "cheering" after this game was very subtle.... Being down like we were, I actually left the sports bar early........ I left in the 3rd quarter. I was disqusted with how we played....... We were lucky to come back.

The officiating was bad on both sides. We both suffered on poor calls

Lastly, we have had some good wins (Denver, SF, Seattle) not just wins against weak teams.

Either way....... It will be a great matchup when we play again in Indy.
Dean1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #27
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts are for real. You don't beat all the powerhouses in football by sheer luck. I won't discredit the win on Sunday, and look for excuses, its a 60 minute game and good teams find ways to win, while bad teams... We'll you know.

I will say that Trent Richardson looks awful. I really thought that was the piece that would catapult you into true contender status, but not anymore. In the playoffs you better have a good running game and stout defense, neither of which really stood out to me. Good "Luck" will only get you so far. Entertaining game nonetheless.

Was fun watching Andrew again, he went to high school with my little brothers and even then everyone knew he would be special.

You're in the drivers seat, only another critical injury will derail the playoof bid and if the Titans get in I might just cry. I hate Tenn with every fabric of my being.

See you around.
Old 11-06-2013   #28
Dean1818
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Colts are for real. You don't beat all the powerhouses in football by sheer luck. I won't discredit the win on Sunday, and look for excuses, its a 60 minute game and good teams find ways to win, while bad teams... We'll you know.

I will say that Trent Richardson looks awful. I really thought that was the piece that would catapult you into true contender status, but not anymore. In the playoffs you better have a good running game and stout defense, neither of which really stood out to me. Good "Luck" will only get you so far. Entertaining game nonetheless.

Was fun watching Andrew again, he went to high school with my little brothers and even then everyone knew he would be special.

You're in the drivers seat, only another critical injury will derail the playoof bid and if the Titans get in I might just cry. I hate Tenn with every fabric of my being.

See you around.
How was Luck in high school?

You are right on Richardson...... But, the guy gets hit at the same time the ball is handed to him.

Our weakness is the interior OL. Your team crushed them all night.

That will keep us away from a SB this year. If we can get a guard or 2, and some folks healthy we may have a decent shot next year.

We also have nearly 40 mil again to get some FAs..... We will see what Grigs will do
Old 11-06-2013   #29
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How was Luck in high school?

You are right on Richardson...... But, the guy gets hit at the same time the ball is handed to him.

Our weakness is the interior OL. Your team crushed them all night.

That will keep us away from a SB this year. If we can get a guard or 2, and some folks healthy we may have a decent shot next year.

We also have nearly 40 mil again to get some FAs..... We will see what Grigs will do
My brothers would say how cool and grounded he was, even when everyone felt he was headed to the NFL. Super smart guy, played basketball as well I think.

I didn't watch all his games, but the ones I did see he stood out.

I'm from Katy, so I spent a lot of time watching Andy Dalton and I felt Luck was the better QB.

Must be nice to have all that $ to throw around, and I'm sure FAs will view the Colts favorably.

Texans on the other hand are in cap hell, and wont be players in that respect for a few years.
Old 11-06-2013   #30
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Hello from a Texans fan.

I hate the Dolts.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #31
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 11-06-2013   #32
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgbmedic View Post
I believe that was the manning rule. Since he is no longer there I don't think it still applies.
I would direct you to a couple of examples that were generally failed 3rd down conversions by the Colts:

JJ Watt form tackle, called as a Roughing the Passer

The new Non-Tuck Rule in which Luck is hit and as a result the ball goes backwards instead of forwards, but the ball is ruled dead

I would go on but why bother.
Old 11-06-2013   #33
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55057 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 11-06-2013   #34
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Think "The crazy b!tch finally left." (Oilers). Think "I found a really good chick, and this time it's going to work!" (Texans founded). Think "Crap, I married this?!" (GM Casserly years). Think "The ex wife is now bringing our son (Vince Young) to town every year to kick the new wife's ass, and some of my own kin is cheering him on." Think "Thank God for therapy, she's better now and maybe we really can be happy!" (2010-2012 seasons). Think "Mother of God! She's off her meds and having a major meltdown! Why can't I just be happy?!" (This season).

Welcome to our happy home. Glad you like the tea.
I laughed, until I cried at this, then realized those tears weren't tears of joy, but those of sadness and shame.

MSR
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #35
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 17549 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our weakness is the interior OL.
Just the one weakness then? Oh the modesty.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #36
Dean1818
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
Just the one weakness then? Oh the modesty.
Its the biggest weakness

2nd biggest is our 2 DEs

3rd is no game changing WR

We could also use another pass rusher
Old 11-06-2013   #37
Dean1818
Rookie

Double post
Old 11-06-2013   #38
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
How does it feel to be so lucky to accidentally have your two most terrible seasons in like 20 years at exactly the same time Manning and Luck came out?? Talk about a very very fortunate fanbase. Though Luck is no Manning, and has a lot to prove... Still, must be nice.
Hot damn, we get the first overall pick when Carr and Mario are there. They get two of the best qb prospects in years. Someone sold their soul for this ****. It's very annoying.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read