Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2013   #1
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cheering and Throwing Ice ...

After watching MS stand there sulking for two games wearing his helmet on the sideline ... hiding under it, while his team is out there battling for Case in a way they never would have for him ... now I get it. I have never been a Schaub supporter, but also thought the fans were acting foolish for going at him the way they did. I don't anymore. Just want him and his family out of Houston as soon as possible so we can began the process of forgetting we ever had the misfortune of having him here to begin with. Matt Schaub is the definition of a loser.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cheering and Throwing Ice ...

I blame the team more.. nobody likes to lose their job, it's got to be even worse when you lose your job and aren't allowed a pink slip. The team could've avoided all of this by simply I.R.ing Schaub.

I also wouldn't call him the "definition of a loser". He just is limited in what he can physically do, but he still wants to be out there. Again could have avoided all of it by placing him on I.R. I still appreciate his service to the team.. regardless if he was just a bridge from a horrible QB to a possible franchise QB.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #3
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
After watching MS stand there sulking for two games wearing his helmet on the sideline ... hiding under it, while his team is out there battling for Case in a way they never would have for him ... now I get it. I have never been a Schaub supporter, but also thought the fans were acting foolish for going at him the way they did. I don't anymore. Just want him and his family out of Houston as soon as possible so we can began the process of forgetting we ever had the misfortune of having him here to begin with. Matt Schaub is the definition of a loser.
I understand being mad at Schaub but running him out of town is a little much. I don't know him personally but I'm guessing that describes 99.9999% of this board so lets go easy on truely hating the guy. Its one thing to be glad we are going a new direction its another to attack the guy as a person.

Did you hate him when he was throwing for 300+ yards and winning games? I'm not defending him, I'm glad to see Case get a shot, but I dislike his football, I don't hate him as a person.
Old 11-06-2013   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe he was wearing his helmet during offensive drives in order to hear the calls going out to Case.

A buddy of mine at the last game said Schaub often took his helmet off during breaks and when the Texans defense was on the field.
Old 11-06-2013   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez, some people take sports way too far. Dislike the 'player' as much as you like, but it's ignorant talking like this about a guy and his family over bad performances on the field.

I've never met the guy, but he seems like a great person off the field.
Old 11-06-2013   #6
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Throwing ice?
Old 11-06-2013   #7
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Geez, some people take sports way too far. Dislike the 'player' as much as you like, but it's ignorant talking like this about a guy and his family over bad performances on the field.

I've never met the guy, but he seems like a great person off the field.
Have to agree. Run him out of town why? I love my football, my teams, etc. But I am not going to put it to the point where I want a guy out of town as if he has done wrong for a city. Schaub has given to the community and ran some successful charities. So I have no issue for someone who has been good to our city even if their play sucked on the field. It's not that serious.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2013   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I believe he was wearing his helmet during offensive drives in order to hear the calls going out to Case.

A buddy of mine at the last game said Schaub often took his helmet off during breaks and when the Texans defense was on the field.
That is correct. I was **gasp** at the Colt's game, and he stood pretty much in front of us. He was listening to the plays on offense. The helmet was off any other time.

I did wonder why he was so isolated from everyone else on the team though. Pouting, or giving Keenum space to lead? I'm a positive guy, so I'll go with the latter.
Old 11-06-2013   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

All Schaub ever did was play to the limits of his ability, save a bunch of Texans fans money by sticking with #8, and play so much better than David Carr that we finally knew what it was like to watch an NFL offense on the field.

He improved the team immensely when he came here. Was he the answer to the Super Bowl question? No and that's unfortunate but he tried and I don't hate him. I just want to see Case Keenum keep moving in the pocket and hitting wide open WR's deep. Doesn't mean I have any animosity towards Matt Schaub. Hell, if he works on his diction and stuff I'd perfectly content to hear him calling Texans games one day on the radio.
Old 11-06-2013   #10
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
the team? that's pretty vague. I blame Kubiak more. He let the situation get out of hand for schaub and the fans. Kubiak should have benched schaub sooner and not let it get to the point of high frustration for all parties involved including the fans to the point that they are booing him when he got injured, jeering him in his house, making cut schaub signs on the freeway, the burger name etc...

Kubiak should have benched schaub, let him take a break, watch from the sidelines, get a different perspective on the moment and let him gather his thoughts and let him regroup.

Instead he kept the status quo and showing undying loyalty to a fault and the fans and his embattled quarterback responded accordingly, negatively.

Schaub cant change who he is, but gary has the power to change who his quarterback is.
This is 100% correct IMO.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
That is correct. I was **gasp** at the Colt's game, and he stood pretty much in front of us. He was listening to the plays on offense. The helmet was off any other time.

I did wonder why he was so isolated from everyone else on the team though. Pouting, or giving Keenum space to lead? I'm a positive guy, so I'll go with the latter.
I saw him warm up with AJ once during the game . I actually thought he was coming in and worse , it wouldn't have surprised me .
Old 11-06-2013   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub and his days are over with, let him be. They can't realistically do anything with him now that the trading deadline is over with, and he is a better backup than Yates. Might as well get used to him walking the sidelines here, it's his last season as a player here anyway.

I just don't have the dislike for him that I used to knowing that Keenum is the starter now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #13
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You mean losers are the first to show up to work, and the last to leave? Losers break passing records and lead a team to a 12-4 record? I've had my criticisms of Schaub, and he needs to go, but reel in the hyperbole. He's done good things for this fanbase.

FYI, throwing ice or any object at anyone at a game is unaccetable. People should get booted for that.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #14
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
it's ignorant talking like this about a guy and his family over bad performances on the field.
So you would rather his kids live here and endure the ridicule that is sure to come their way in school? Would rather his family not be able to go out to dinner or shopping without hearing the comments about how we had a chance at a Superbowl, but "that guy" blew it for us? Ok, guess I am ignorant ...
Old 11-06-2013   #15
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
You mean losers are the first to show up to work, and the last to leave? Losers break passing records and lead a team to a 12-4 record?
First of all there are people in every type of profession who keep their jobs simply for being the ones that "come in first and leave last", without ever contributing anything in between. It, like Schaubs stats, is one of the most overrated things in history. That being said, he wouldnt have those stats without receivers making acrobatic catches to make up for his lack of accuracy. The team went 12-4 ... the receivers put up nice receiving yards, in spite of Matt ... Matt was the beneficiary of a lot of others people skills, making up for his lack of having any.
Old 11-06-2013   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you would rather his kids live here and endure the ridicule that is sure to come their way in school? Would rather his family not be able to go out to dinner or shopping without hearing the comments about how we had a chance at a Superbowl, but "that guy" blew it for us? Ok, guess I am ignorant ...
Oh - it's for the children!

I thought it was because:

Quote:
Just want him and his family out of Houston as soon as possible so we can began the process of forgetting we ever had the misfortune of having him here to begin with.
Somehow I got the wrong impression from reading you own words.
Old 11-06-2013   #17
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I blame the team more.. nobody likes to lose their job, it's got to be even worse when you lose your job and aren't allowed a pink slip. The team could've avoided all of this by simply I.R.ing Schaub.

I also wouldn't call him the "definition of a loser". He just is limited in what he can physically do, but he still wants to be out there. Again could have avoided all of it by placing him on I.R. I still appreciate his service to the team.. regardless if he was just a bridge from a horrible QB to a possible franchise QB.
You said it perfectly. They should have done the IR move to save him some face. Yeah, he's struggled and I want him off the roster and give the team to Case as much as anyone. It's not because he's a loser, though. His contract doesn't afford us the luxury of keeping him around as a backup and we could use that money elsewhere. He was a solid starter for this team and helped us go from laughingstocks to SB contenders. The rails fell off this season, but it doesn't feel like 2005. There wasn't a lot of talent on that team. This team has talent. A change at QB and hopefully a change at HC or at least a philosophical adjustment and we have a chance to get back our place next season.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #18
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Somehow I got the wrong impression from reading you own words.
It's, ok ... with a little practice you can improve ...
Old 11-06-2013   #19
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31960 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Have to agree. Run him out of town why? I love my football, my teams, etc. But I am not going to put it to the point where I want a guy out of town as if he has done wrong for a city. Schaub has given to the community and ran some successful charities. So I have no issue for someone who has been good to our city even if their play sucked on the field. It's not that serious.
Spot on - all he has ever done is give his best for the team, and produced a lot more successfully than any other QB the Texans has had. He's a standup guy by all reports and has never caused a distraction to the team off the field.

The guy can be disliked for the ability that he doesn't have in a professional sense (which is more the fauly of the coaching staff/organisation) - but to run someone out of town, or hurl abuse/ice at him whilst he's standing on the sideline watching someone else lead what used to be his team, knowing that he's likely finished as a starter (which may have been prevented by playing him on IR, letting Case shine and gracefully releasing him at season end) in the NFL is pathetic. Such special treatment should be for people who actaully deserve it - the ones who have the rap sheets and disrespectful attitude to the fans and the city, if ever it should be dished out. Schaub's only crime was not being quite good enough to get them one step further in the playoffs.
Old 11-06-2013   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Yup. Frankly kind of ignorant by the OP to think wearing his helmet was sulking.

Runner - your more optimistic interpretation is the correct one IMO of Schaub giving Case space to work. That was the right thing to do and should be applauded not criticized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
All Schaub ever did was play to the limits of his ability, save a bunch of Texans fans money by sticking with #8, and play so much better than David Carr that we finally knew what it was like to watch an NFL offense on the field.

He improved the team immensely when he came here. Was he the answer to the Super Bowl question? No and that's unfortunate but he tried and I don't hate him. I just want to see Case Keenum keep moving in the pocket and hitting wide open WR's deep. Doesn't mean I have any animosity towards Matt Schaub. Hell, if he works on his diction and stuff I'd perfectly content to hear him calling Texans games one day on the radio.
Spot on.

Quote:
Please, please don't pretend you have any concern for his family.

I would have picked disingenuous rather than ignorant but we can go with both.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read