Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2013   #161
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32854 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing FIRE Randy Bullock

Cut Bullock let Lechler or whoever kick the XP and let's go for 6 every drive.ENDZONE OR BUST BABY!
Old 11-05-2013   #162
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 13867 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
We need to get a new inside linebacker too. Cushing will get hurt every year he plays unfortunately. I really love Cushing's play and attitude but too reckless. At best we can hqve Cushing along side a future great inside linebacker.
If Cushing were to be moved to the outside he wouldn't be beat up quiet as much and might prolong his career.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #163
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 52199 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
He plays with the Lions I believe.
They cut him.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #164
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Altogether now:

Quote:
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Turk.

He has trampled on my testes where some bits of manhood lurked.

He hath lopped off all that's left with his terrible swift sword:

My pain keeps coming on.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #165
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he can make them if he kicks from just inside the right SIDELINE.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #166
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I swear, I think this organization follows some sort of twelve step program before letting someone go.

Love this team to the bones, but holy moly, they make things difficult
Old 11-06-2013   #167
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I swear, I think this organization follows some sort of twelve step program before letting someone go.

I think they plan to use Keenum as the FG kicker.
After all, he did make a 47-yarder with 4 sec. left to win his State Championship at Wylie HS.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #168
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99799 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

He walks into a room thinking there's a team meeting and Arian Foster stands up and says:

Arian: "Randy...we've brought you here, because we think...your actions are having ill effects with the group dynamic. We think you have a kicking problem."

Randy: "What the...I aint got no problem! YOU guys are the ones with the problem! Ya ever think of that?!"

Andre: "Randy...don't make this any harder than it has to be..."

Randy: "Go to hell Andre..."

Kubiak: Randy...we're here to help you. There's a place you can go...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #169
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
He walks into a room thinking there's a team meeting and Arian Foster stands up and says:

Arian: "Randy...we've brought you here, because we think...your actions are having ill effects with the group dynamic. We think you have a kicking problem."

Randy: "What the...I aint got no problem! YOU guys are the ones with the problem! Ya ever think of that?!"

Andre: "Randy...don't make this any harder than it has to be..."

Randy: "Go to hell Andre..."

Kubiak: Randy...we're here to help you. There's a place you can go...
Sounds about right
Old 11-06-2013   #170
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe the hash tag needs to be revived from 2010

Don't worry Bullock just keep chopping wood because #kubiakbelievesinyou

From kprv channel 2 Houston (2010)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ql1OOnCtUk
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #171
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I can't f'ing believe we are keeping our kicker.. wtf..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #172
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44745 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
It's not his fault, Keenum needs to put him in a better position to succeed.

Old 11-07-2013   #173
edwardc5637
Rookie

Rep Power: 1791 edwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
Cut Bullock let Lechler or whoever kick the XP and let's go for 6 every drive.ENDZONE OR BUST BABY!
Should be going for the endzone anyway.
edwardc5637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #174
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I believe it. This organization is very thick-headed, and is not committed to excellence and winning. It's not their first priority.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #175
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 15013 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Not surprising that we stick with a guy too long.
--Even when the entire city, and players on the team can
see the guy doesn't have what it takes..

Gary did it with Carr, Schaub, and the ST coach -- only
predictable that it would be the same for Randy Bollocks..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #176
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post

TJ
Sunday night, while leaving the game, I was listening to 610, and it was interesting how matter-of-fact those hosts were about how Bullock would be gone. They were discussing, very calmly, whether he'd be cut by Monday, or my Wednesday. The context of the discussion was that it was a given.

I told my buddy in the car: "No way will we get rid of him."

In the real world, Randy would have been terminated Sunday night. But the Texans don't operate that way. That's just how this team is. Even if we were still in contention, I still think they would have been ok keeping the guy.

This is an "everybody gets a gold star for participating" organization.
Old 11-07-2013   #177
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I believe it. This organization is very thick-headed, and is not committed to excellence and winning. It's not their first priority.
Hmmmmmmmm, not being committed to winning means they are committed to losing, which sounds an awful lot like tanking... but we know no one would ever do that!

Old 11-07-2013   #178
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Hmmmmmmmm, not being committed to winning means they are committed to losing, which sounds an awful lot like tanking... but we know no one would ever do that!

lol. I don't think they're committed to losing, per se. They don't go out and say: "Let's lose."

But I think, organizationally, that losing doesn't bother them as much as it should.

I think they view things as "Oh well, at least we tried. That counts for something."

And, yes, I'm serious.

The players, on the other hand, are the opposite. I think most of the players are deeply disturbed by losing.
Old 11-07-2013   #179
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
lol. I don't think they're committed to losing, per se. They don't go out and say: "Let's lose."

But I think, organizationally, that losing doesn't bother them as much as it should.

I think they view things as "Oh well, at least we tried. That counts for something."

And, yes, I'm serious.

The players, on the other hand, are the opposite. I think most of the players are deeply disturbed by losing.
You can not like many things the Texans do but to say that losing doesn't bother them is nothing more than fiction. The Texans are patient. Sometimes it won't pay off. They want to create a stable team instead of firing everyone every 3-4 years hoping that they miraculously get the right combination. Is that comfort in losing? No way. They just don't want to end up like the many teams that hit the reset button every few years because they don't win a Superbowl. They want to give everyone, coaches and players, an opportunity to improve.

Sometimes they pulled the trigger pretty quick. See Trindon Holliday. Nobody complained when he was released. They had seen enough of his muffing balls and bad decisions. Then he becomes what he should have been here in Denver and fans complain we weren't patient enough and should have tied the roster spot up for him.

When your season starts and you feel like you can make it to the playoffs and possibly the Superbowl - you usually go with a veteran QB. Rarely will you see a potential playoff team dump their veteran in season and bring in a young (unproven) QB unless there is an injury. See New England Bledsoe > Brady. See San Francisco Smith > Kaepernick. See Arizona Warner (not injured) -not bringing in Lienart. The Texans were in the same boat with Schaub. We knew coming in he was likely our best bet to get to and advance in the playoffs. Schaub gets injured. Keenum got his chance and ran with it.

Here's where things change. When your team is CLEARLY out of the playoff picture like the Texans at 2-6, why get rid of players like Bullock? He's young. He has 8 more games to get his mind right. You lose nothing by keeping him on the roster. Some say it's a lack of accountability. Then Ed Reed, Derek Newton, Schaub, Kareem Jackson & Jonathan Joseph should be released at the same time as Bullock. They have all made game losing plays (or lack of in Reed's case) in multiple games. Does anyone REALLY think we could replace all those players in the middle of the season and improve the team? Get rid of Bullock after the season if he doesn't become the best kicker in the game over the next 8 games.

After all that crap I just said, Bullock should have been fired after all the misses early in the season. At least then the season had hope left and a vet could have stabilized the situation. Now it would take a miracle to get to the playoffs. I doubt that Rackers or Graham would be the catalyst of that miracle.
Old 11-07-2013   #180
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post

TJ
You left out Kris Brown...ironically enough...which is one of the better examples of this team's insanity.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read