Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will Gary return to coaching the Texans?
Yes 51 68.00%
No 5 6.67%
Unsure 19 25.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2013   #41
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Gary return?

gary would make a hell of a OC or QB coach .............
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #42
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstain View Post
I lost my mum to a stroke. If you're reading this think of your family and retire.

The only stress you should have now is screaming grandchildren.

You have been givem a warning. Don't ignore it like my parent did
I'm sorry about your loss. I was on the phone with my mom when she had her 1st stroke stroke. I sounded exactly like her when I had mine. Thankfully, we both survived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
Well lets not forget strokes happen due to underlying pathology (atrial fibrillation, hyerptension, hyperlipidemia). Trust me Gary is getting a full workup of why this stroke happened and its underlying cause will be treated. Strokes can be prevented.
Stress releases hormones and enzymes that shrink arteries. Do not underestimate the effects of stress in regards to a stroke or TIA. I've found that I can keep my BP under control as long as I watch what I eat and don't let work stress me out. I've learned that stepping back, clearing my mind and taking a deep breath help me tremendously(it helps not having a 40 second clock going in the background). I'm also able to leave work at work. I absolutely do not take work home with me. I don't know if an NFL coach can do that. I have tens to hundreds to thousands of people watching what I do at work, not millions. And not on TV.
Old 11-05-2013   #43
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
He should chill for a minute and let himself heal. Football is a beautiful game, BUT it's not worth his life or his health.
Bravo!!

Love him or hate him, but love or hate him as the head football coach of the Houston Texans not as a man with a family. I hope he takes as much time as he needs to heal.

Part of me hopes he resigns as head coach and football altogether. Head coaches nowadays are under so much stress, work way too many hours and because of working too much probably eat like SHyte. See also, Coach Fox. Prayers are with him as well.
Old 11-05-2013   #44
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Bravo!!

Love him or hate him, but love or hate him as the head football coach of the Houston Texans not as a man with a family. I hope he takes as much time as he needs to heal.

Part of me hopes he resigns as head coach and football altogether. Head coaches nowadays are under so much stress, work way too many hours and because of working too much probably eat like SHyte. See also, Coach Fox. Prayers are with him as well.
Everything but the hours are under your control, though. You can spend 14 hours watching game film or watching youtube and not be the least stressed. Stress is purely mental and controllable. If the Texans were 6-2, Kubiak wouldn't be nearly as stressed. He just needs to realize when he's done his best. It has to reach a point where there isn't something on film that he missed or some drill that he didn't think of. Kubiak needs to find that point at where he's done all he can do and be confident going into the game. I think that Keenum's success should relieve a lot of that stress. He's making a lot of positive plays and very few negative plays.
Old 11-05-2013   #45
Naija Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 945 Naija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I sort of hope not for the sake of his health.

Things aren't going to get easier with our fanbase and the pressure to succeed seems to drive Kubiak to try to do perhaps too much. We saw in the second half of the game Sunday night, he really is the brains behind the offense meaning that another season would bring more games and pressure to do more to fix things.

Personally, I'd be surprised if he didn't retire at the end of this season for a year or two and comeback later once he is out of the stroke woods as a coordinator.
Naija Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #46
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naija Texan View Post
Honestly, I sort of hope not for the sake of his health.

Things aren't going to get easier with our fanbase and the pressure to succeed seems to drive Kubiak to try to do perhaps too much. We saw in the second half of the game Sunday night, he really is the brains behind the offense meaning that another season would bring more games and pressure to do more to fix things.

Personally, I'd be surprised if he didn't retire at the end of this season for a year or two and comeback later once he is out of the stroke woods as a coordinator.
Is it possible a heavy workload / sleep deprivation can lead to a mini-stroke? Why are we attributing this to his work?
Old 11-06-2013   #47
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully not this yr.

He needs to take his time, spend time with his family and get well.

Godspeed Gary,

Thoughts and Prayers
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #48
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Really, a poll to speculate on a medical condition? Here - Magic 8 Ball.

Appropriately when I asked about Kubiak the response was "ask again later."
I asked this:
will Kubiak return, this season, to coach the Texans to the playoffs?

the Magic 8 ball's response was:

"Outlook good"
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #49
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I think gary is not a quitter hes the type of person were football is his life he enjoys being in football that's what hes been doing for a lonnnnggg time had a player and coach and he enjoys it its not really work 2 him

but IDK we will cee how this season goes

joking I bet Mcnair FIres Kubes just to give him some time off LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #50
stonewhite
Veteran

Rep Power: 945 stonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish Kubiak the absolute best. I've been wanting him gone for a while but now with the success we have been seeing with keenum it really makes me think that Kubiaks coaching appeared horrible because of how bad our QB is/was.

We didn't look so bad in the first half of the game Sunday night
stonewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #51
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I think Kubiak's problem is also exacerbated by the fact that he calls the plays on offense. If/when he does come back, it would probably do him some good to turn over the play-calling to Dennison.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #52
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I think Kubiak's problem is also exacerbated by the fact that he calls the plays on offense. If/when he does come back, it would probably do him some good to turn over the play-calling to Dennison.
Andre, earlier this week (Monday) eluded to the fact that Dennison was the play caller after Gary left us.
Quote:
(on if Head Coach Gary Kubiak missed practice this week and if it would impact game preparation or if Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison has that in control) “If he’s not here, then Rico (Rick Dennison) can handle it. That’s pretty much it. When you have adversity, you just have to adjust to it. Right now, we’ve been going through a lot of adversity. This is another piece of it that we have to deal with. In my opinion, I think he’ll be back.”
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #53
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

No. Heard on TV that doctors want him to stay away for at least 90 days. That would be the rest of the season.
Old 11-06-2013   #54
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
No. Heard on TV that doctors want him to stay away for at least 90 days. That would be the rest of the season.
Wish Kubes a speedy recovery.

With that said, if the above is true than it probably bought him at least another year

No way softy Bob have the gall to canned him after this season, with what has happened
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #55
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sure his motivation as a coach will get him back on the sideline this season, but I still feel that both Kubiak and Smith should be fired for the Matt Schaub fiasco. Matt should have never been given a new contract.
kingtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #56
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Don't know about this season, but he'll be back.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #57
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 81312 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

We all know we only lost to Indy because Kubiak wasnt calling the offense in the 2nd half, everyone could see the difference/lack of creativity with Dennison calling the game. I know some people want hard headed kubiak gone, but i have seen a different play caller since Case has become the QB. I am willing to give kubiak a shot to see what he and case can do, and if KC and Indy are any indication then i like what i see.
Old 11-06-2013   #58
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I am sure he deeply appreciates the abundance of concern for his health from those who wanted him fired.
Two completely different topics in my mind. I admire the man, and his contribution to Texans history, and wish him well in all aspects of life, including his health.
I do, however want to see a coaching change. His health concerns do not change that in any way.

So yes, at an appropriate time, Fire Gary Kubiak. (now is obviously not that time)
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #59
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Two completely different topics in my mind. I admire the man, and his contribution to Texans history, and wish him well in all aspects of life, including his health.
I do, however want to see a coaching change. His health concerns do not change that in any way.

So yes, at an appropriate time, Fire Gary Kubiak. (now is obviously not that time)
It IS 2 different topics. The fact that some people call for Kubiak to get fired for weeks or even years then use the "he should retire - it's good for his health" crap is self-serving garbage. They don't care one bit about his health they just want Kubiak gone.

After seeing Keenum in the past 2 games, my view is shifting to give Kubiak and co 1 more lame duck year. I'm not completely there yet but the next 8 games will help.
Old 11-06-2013   #60
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Two completely different topics in my mind.
There are people who cheered and/or were pleased (some even hoping for it) when Schaub went down.

There are people who cheered Case getting a shot without any pleasure in Schaub's injury.

The two topics can be completely different, but they are often not.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read